• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home
    http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
      If you don't have the follow-up album Stormbringer yet, get that one too, what a great special-styled album with a fantastic sound world!
      I love Burn, but I don't think Stormbringer is in its class. I listen to tracks from Burn almost every week, and have for years. Stormbringer gets dragged out about once a year. To me, Ritchie doesn't seem all that interested during much of Stormbringer.

Franklin, you should get Stormbringer one of these days, I just wouldn't want you to expect it to be as good as Burn. Then again, maybe you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
        I love Burn, but I don't think Stormbringer is in its class.
        I second that. Burn is among Purple's best. Ritchie sounds revitalised, and you've got not one, but two legendary singers (one of whom is an excellent bassist) replacing Ian Gillan and Roger Glover. It's been a favourite ever since I first got it on cassette almost 30 years ago.

Stormbringer is problematic. It was mostly the Hughes/Coverdale Show with all the funk influences. Ritchie has said he hated it, and at times it's hard to even notice he's there. Still, Lady Double Dealer and the very Rainbow-ish title track are reason enough to buy the album (though I like the live versions on Made In Europe a lot better).

Believe it or not, I've never heard Come Taste The Band!

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
        Did you get the one that's a working Amp? A mate sent me one a few months ago... So funny!
        No, though I saw that one in the newspapers. Still a worthy collection, since the vast majority of it has never been available outside Australia.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
        No, Paice & Lord didn't join up straight away...
        I know Dave Dowle was the original drummer, but who was on keys until His Lordship joined up?
        He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
          I know Dave Dowle was the original drummer, but who was on keys until His Lordship joined up?
          The first keyboard player was Brian Johnston. I don't know how long he stayed. He was replaced by Pete Solley who recorded the "Whitesnake" tracks on the "Snakebite" EP in early 1978. He stayed with the band until Jon Lord joined in August 1978.
          Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
          "Black Sabbath : la Bête venue de Birmingham"

Comment

• I got the two aforementioned Motörhead albums "Overkill" and "Ace Of Spades" on last Sunday (thanks to my fiancé for bringing them), on this Monday I bought the first two legendary Dingo albums (at last, after all these years).

The count is now 684.

I'm still waiting for the three belated Edge Of Sanity albums and the Iron Maiden "Flight 666" double DVD that I ordered almost a month ago, already made one addition: Sebastian Bach's "Forever Wild" DVD...I guess they're still waiting to get one or two Edge Of Sanity albums for my order...

I guess tomorrow another company will send me another belated backorder, Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden" (a conceptual album featuring Tim "Ripper" Owens) that I ordered just before the New Year...The company also did manage to get me a rare 2004 remaster of the super-rare 1988 album "Badly Dreaming" of the Finnish heavy metal vocalist Annica...
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
              I second that. Burn is among Purple's best. Ritchie sounds revitalised, and you've got not one, but two legendary singers (one of whom is an excellent bassist) replacing Ian Gillan and Roger Glover. It's been a favourite ever since I first got it on cassette almost 30 years ago.

Stormbringer is problematic. It was mostly the Hughes/Coverdale Show with all the funk influences. Ritchie has said he hated it, and at times it's hard to even notice he's there. Still, Lady Double Dealer and the very Rainbow-ish title track are reason enough to buy the album (though I like the live versions on Made In Europe a lot better).

Believe it or not, I've never heard Come Taste The Band!
              CTTB is better (to my ears) than Stormbringer. Gettin' Tighter is a great Glenn Hughes song on CTTB.

And I'm not much of a Coverdale fan. I like Burn despite Coverdale, that's how good the songs are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                I have Made In Europe on vinyl but I haven't listened to it in years. [in fact, as I think about it, I had better check to be sure it wasn't among the casualties of the dreadful record collection purge of 1993.]
                It's gone. So it was one of the records I purged way back when. I wish I could say I sold them, gave them away, burned them to keep my home warm one winter, but the sad truth is one day I just tossed them in the garbage can to make more room in my closet.
                How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• The Specials ~ More Specials
                  >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
                  SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
                  YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
                  YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

I guess tomorrow another company will send me another belated backorder, Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden" (a conceptual album featuring Tim "Ripper" Owens) that I ordered just before the New Year...The company also did manage to get me a rare 2004 remaster of the super-rare 1988 album "Badly Dreaming" of the Finnish heavy metal vocalist Annica...
                    Got these yesterday!

Today's visit at one of the local flea markets produced a good bargain:

Queensrÿche - Greatest Hits (Capitol 2000) for just 3 euros...and in good condition as well.

Comment

• How are you liking The Glorious Burden? It's not a concept album though, just a theme album.

I think it's one of the great albums of the last decade...A true masterpiece. And Tim is just beyond awesome on it...proving that he truly is one of the best metal singers of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        How are you liking The Glorious Burden? It's not a concept album though, just a theme album.

I think it's one of the great albums of the last decade...A true masterpiece. And Tim is just beyond awesome on it...proving that he truly is one of the best metal singers of all time.
                        I'm a huge Ripper fan, not only for his time with Priest, but also Beyond Fear, YJM and solo...and the latest Charred Walls Of The Damned...I already got the Gettysburg DVD EP, but before I watch that, I must delve into The Glorious Burden first...I'm having a lengthy live DVD project going on right now, I'm watching all the live DVDs that have been waiting to be watched for a while, Iced Earth will have it's turn soon...

Comment

• baroness-- blue record

between the buried and me-- the great misdirect

coalesce-- OX

Comment

• Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                            Exactly. Purple disbanded in 1976 and the first version of Whitesnake was created in 1978. Jon Lord joined the third version of the band and recorded the first album ("Trouble") with them, and Paice joined the band about a year later for the recording of "Lovehunter".
                            Well, the first album is technically a Coverdale solo record with the name "White Snake", it's not a Whitesnake album proper.

I'm talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Snake_(album)
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I'm a huge Ripper fan, not only for his time with Priest, but also Beyond Fear, YJM and solo...and the latest Charred Walls Of The Damned...I already got the Gettysburg DVD EP, but before I watch that, I must delve into The Glorious Burden first...I'm having a lengthy live DVD project going on right now, I'm watching all the live DVDs that have been waiting to be watched for a while, Iced Earth will have it's turn soon...
                              Great to hear that there's more huge Ripper fans here!

Have you checked out Tim's early work on a band called Winters Bane? They put out an album called Heart Of A Killer, its pretty good straight forward metal piece. First part of the album is a concept piece.

The Gettysburg DVD is a really more of a musical documentary about the battle of Gettysburg...It's pretty entertaining though.

I just ordered the Charred Walls Of The Damned...haven't gotten it yet.should arrive next week I hope. Atleast Ghost Town sounds awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                Great to hear that there's more huge Ripper fans here!

Have you checked out Tim's early work on a band called Winters Bane? They put out an album called Heart Of A Killer, its pretty good straight forward metal piece. First part of the album is a concept piece.

The Gettysburg DVD is a really more of a musical documentary about the battle of Gettysburg...It's pretty entertaining though.

I just ordered the Charred Walls Of The Damned...haven't gotten it yet.should arrive next week I hope. Atleast Ghost Town sounds awesome!
                                Thanks. I've been eyeing to find that Winters Bane album, still no success...I've always considered Rob Halford as one of my Metal Gods, but still I love Ripper's presence and performance on the two studio albums and two live albums he did with Priest - it was admiration from the first second I heard him, I remember it was the powerful and vicious song "Burn In Hell" that got me into everything Ripper back in 1997...and the name was given to him by the Metal Gods themselves!

Since that song and the album, Ripper has convinced me album by album, band by band. I remember reading from somewhere that when Ripper departed from Priest, Glenn Tipton stated that Ripper is going to have a great career. How right Glenn was! I consider Ripper to be one of the best metal singers of all time, he just fits in wherever he goes. His time with Priest was important for the band as a whole because Ripper helped to keep the Priest machine going through 1997 to 2003 but also it was like Ripper was going through the heavy metal university of Priest and he graduated with flying colours, ready for a career of his own with different high-grade metal artists & bands.

Wherever Ripper is, my attention switches into a sharp focus - it's always a pleasure to hear him perform. The next chance where I could see him live is the show of Hail! in Helsinki on March 25th. I saw him with YJM back in 2008, damn he blasted away with songs new and old!

Comment

Working...
                                X