Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent purchases:

Necrophobic - Hrimthursum ok black-ish death-ish stuff
    Helloween - Chameleon stopped buying Helloween in about 1990, just got this and although it's definitely flawed I'm actually enjoying it - quite surprised!
    Gillan - Toolbox great Gillan solo album, never really paid attention to his non-sabbath stuff much before
    Keep Of Kalessin - Kolossus ok, so-so blackish metal
    ThanatoSchizo - Zoom Code goth-type stuff sounds pretty decent but haven't given it enough spins yet
    I don't need wings to reach the sky
    And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
    ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
      Thanks. I've been eyeing to find that Winters Bane album, still no success...I've always considered Rob Halford as one of my Metal Gods, but still I love Ripper's presence and performance on the two studio albums and two live albums he did with Priest - it was admiration from the first second I heard him, I remember it was the powerful and vicious song "Burn In Hell" that got me into everything Ripper back in 1997...and the name was given to him by the Metal Gods themselves!

Since that song and the album, Ripper has convinced me album by album, band by band. I remember reading from somewhere that when Ripper departed from Priest, Glenn Tipton stated that Ripper is going to have a great career. How right Glenn was! I consider Ripper to be one of the best metal singers of all time, he just fits in wherever he goes. His time with Priest was important for the band as a whole because Ripper helped to keep the Priest machine going through 1997 to 2003 but also it was like Ripper was going through the heavy metal university of Priest and he graduated with flying colours, ready for a career of his own with different high-grade metal artists & bands.

Wherever Ripper is, my attention switches into a sharp focus - it's always a pleasure to hear him perform. The next chance where I could see him live is the show of Hail! in Helsinki on March 25th. I saw him with YJM back in 2008, damn he blasted away with songs new and old!
      Wow...hang on...Hail is coming to Helsinki on March?? How the hell did I miss that...and I'm on the Ripper forum for heaven's sake!
      I missed Hail last year, due to an accident I had and bruised my leg pretty bad...Now I won't let that stop me...I haven't had the chance to see Tim yet...and it's been a dream of mine to see him, since he's a really cool guy too and comes around after the show to talk to his fans everytime...and he said that he's more than eager to meet people from his forum, so I gotta drop him a line...maybe I'll get the chance to meet one of my big idols...it would be beyond cool!

Yeah Tim and Glenn have stayed good friends...they go to see eachothers shows when ever they can....that's really cool, there was never any animosity between the Priest guys and Ripper after they parted ways.

Tim has been one of the most busy guys in the metal industry in the past couple of years with all of the projects...and he never fails to amaze me with his singing...one of the best voices out there and a true heir to the crown of the Metal God...

Comment

• Aah, struck a good mail order deal tonight:

Motorhead CDs:
        - Bomber
        - No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
        - Orgasmatron
        - March Or Die

Guns 'n' Roses DVDs:
        - Use Your Illusion I
        - Use Your Illusion II
        - Welcome To The Videos

Postage included, totalling 63,60 eur.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Originally posted by Charger View Post
        Wow...hang on...Hail is coming to Helsinki on March?? How the hell did I miss that...and I'm on the Ripper forum for heaven's sake!
        I missed Hail last year, due to an accident I had and bruised my leg pretty bad...Now I won't let that stop me...I haven't had the chance to see Tim yet...and it's been a dream of mine to see him, since he's a really cool guy too and comes around after the show to talk to his fans everytime...and he said that he's more than eager to meet people from his forum, so I gotta drop him a line...maybe I'll get the chance to meet one of my big idols...it would be beyond cool!
        Yeah, the gig is at Dante's Highlight...I was wondering, maybe I should make a true double HAIL! journey: first I go to see & hail the band at Dante's, then the day after I could make my debut visit at the "Arlington" of Finland, the hero cemetary of Hietaniemi, to hail the graves of Mannerheim and other knights of our history...it's the 70th anniversary of the Winter War, so now would be the proper time.

Originally posted by Charger View Post
        ...one of the best voices out there and a true heir to the crown of the Metal God...
        Indeed, this is exactly what I've been thinking. It's definitely Ripper who will inherit the crown of the Metal God, he's already in good speed & progress of rising higher & higher...I'm definitely supporting Ripper always & everywhere.

P.S. The new album Charred Walls Of The Damned will be presented here on this topic as one of my purchases soon...

P.P.S. The Glorious Burden: I'm seriously admiring the furious riff assault and guitar tone of Jon Schaffer, Ripper's vocals absolutely kill...The album is definitely living up to it's name, it's glorious and it's heavy!
        Last edited by Sabbathman; 02-08-2010, 08:22 AM.
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Just found Iced Earth's Overture Of The Wicked CDS for 7,90 eur (3 eur postage on top of it), had to take it now while it's still available...the conceptual 3-piece re-arranged & also re-sung by Ripper, just before the story really begins on the subsequent full album...

2+1 more Ripper albums to go...

Iced Earth
          - Framing Armageddon: Something Wicked part 1

Charred Walls Of The Damned

Winter's Bane
          - Heart Of A Killer

Comment

• Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
            Shrinebuilder - Shrinebuilder
            Exodus - Bonded By Blood
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Yeah, the gig is at Dante's Highlight...I was wondering, maybe I should make a true double HAIL! journey: first I go to see & hail the band at Dante's, then the day after I could make my debut visit at the "Arlington" of Finland, the hero cemetary of Hietaniemi, to hail the graves of Mannerheim and other knights of our history...it's the 70th anniversary of the Winter War, so now would be the proper time.

P.P.S. The Glorious Burden: I'm seriously admiring the furious riff assault and guitar tone of Jon Schaffer, Ripper's vocals absolutely kill...The album is definitely living up to it's name, it's glorious and it's heavy!

I would imagine, now since Dave went back to Megadeth that this Hail! show would get cancleled...

The Glorious Burden is an amazing album...love every bit of it...but Ripper's vocals are at times unbelievable.

I also prefer his take on the Wicked trilogy. Framing is not as good as GB but Ripper still does an amazing job.

Comment

• As it turned out, today I finally got Edge Sanity's "Nothing But Death Remains" and the DVDs Iron Maiden "Flight 666" and Sebastian Bach "Forever Wild", but I'm still waiting for the backorder of the two remaining Edge Of Sanity albums "Unorthodox" and "The Spectral Sorrows"...

I guess tomorrow I will get the quick order Iced Earth
                "Overture Of The Wicked", luckily they had it in stock...

I see my Motörhead & Guns N' Roses order is being packed for delivery as I write this...should take a few days until arrival.

Comment

• Testament - The Gathering
                  Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine (that NIN thread got me interested in checking this album out)

...and...

Led Zeppelin - Complete Studio Recordings!!!

Comment

• ^^ Aha, Echoes, you sure say what you mean, and actually do what you say, about the music you love and want.

Such a thrill to hear that you finally, and sooner than either of us had perhaps expected, , actually got Led Zeppelin's flagship release of their career catalogue, the magnificent Complete Studio Recordings. Tons of cheers on such a fantastic purchase.

And, it's also great to see the NIN thread stir your interest enough to make you promptly get that great band's legendary debut record, as well. I sure hope that your gamble pays off in that you love the classic PHM album as much as I still do.

edit: And oh, Testament's The Gathering is darn good, too.
                    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• Muddy Waters - Muddy "Mississippi" Waters Live

Comment

• Bitter Ruin - "We're not Dancing"

Brilliant Dark Cabaret duet from Brighton.
                        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
                        "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Just found Iced Earth's Overture Of The Wicked CDS for 7,90 eur...
                          As it turned out, this product was not available through the retailer anymore so I decided to transfer my pre-paid sum to cover Doro's 20 Years A Warrior Soul DVD box...had to pay 19,90 eur more...well, I think it's worth it, it's a gigantic celebration show, 2 DVDs and one CD...

Comment

• Charred Walls Of The Damned -S/T arrived yesterday along with Jon Oliva's Pain 'Tage Mahal...both suberb albums...Tim really shines on CWOTD!

Comment

• Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2

H.I.M. - Dark Light & Venus Doom (Both together on sale) and Screamworks. (DL's o.k., VD is very strong with an excellent vibe and sound and Screamworks needs listening time yet).
                              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• The Last Dubber~Ministry
                                Adios...Puta Madres~Ministry
                                The Last Sucker~Ministry
                                Album of the Year~Faith No More
                                Gospels I-IV~Nine Inch Nails
                                4p~Danzig
                                Black Aria II~Danzig
                                What We All Come to Need~Pelican
                                Eternal Kingdom~Cult of Luna
                                Gin~Cobalt
                                Landfill Breastmilk Feed EP~Cobalt
                                Antichrist~Akercocke
                                Breathing the Fire~Skeletonwitch
                                The Farmers' Wrath~Birdflesh

^^my latest buys, in 2010, so far.
                                "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Working...
                                X