No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the new Rob Zombie--Hellbilly Deluxe 2.
    Actually my wife bought it for me while she was in WallyWorld Sunday (very sweet of her)...Yep, you guessed it, it was the amended version, so I promptly brought it right back in and got my $$ back.
    Went to the mall to get it, where I had already seen it once before...sold out. Then finally yesterday I got my hands on it--the last copy, unedited.

Enjoying it very much so far. The first new tunes I've gotten in a long while, times are tough around here.
    And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

• My copy of the Limited Edition Coffin Box of Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe 2 finally arrived today!

I'm really really liking this one too! Might very well be the best Rob Zombie record to date...John 5 really brings some great guitar work to the table. Gotta give this a few spins more though!

Comment

• Struck a very good 40 euro deal by supporting a local record store where my friend works...

Iced Earth
        - Alive In Athens The DVD
        - Tribute To The Gods

Megadeth
        - That One Night Live In Buenos Aires DVD
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Moanin'

Comment

• Saxon - The Eagle Has Landed
            http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Nightwish-Angels Fall First
              Lacuna Coil -Shallow Life

Comment

• Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Kollaps Tradixionales (brilliant album for anyone interested in experimental music)

Also preordered the new Eluvium album, Similies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                  Aah, struck a good mail order deal tonight:

Motorhead CDs:
                  - Bomber
                  - No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
                  - Orgasmatron
                  - March Or Die

Guns 'n' Roses DVDs:
                  - Use Your Illusion I
                  - Use Your Illusion II
                  - Welcome To The Videos

Postage included, totalling 63,60 eur.

The package arrived on Monday...

---

Still waiting for the Edge Of Sanity masterpieces Unorthodox and The Spectral Sorrows to arrive...seems to be a real backorder indeed!

Last night I pre-ordered the new album "Gravity Of Light" of the Finnish heavy metal legends Tarot, directly from their webshop, the album will be delivered for the release date 10th of March. 17,99 euros/piece, only 2,69 euros for the envelope packaging. I paid for 2 copies, one goes to my older friend, a dedicated Tarot fan since '86 (when they released their spell-binding debut album The Spell Of Iron)...

---

Pre-order:

Axel Rudi Pell
                  - One Night Live: Rock Of Ages Festival 2009 DVD (release date 24.2.)

ZZ Top
                  - Recycler
                  - Antenna

32,60 euros (postage included)
                  Last edited by Sabbathman; 02-17-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Overkill - Ironbound

Comment

• Hawkwind ~ Sonic Attack

Hawkwind ~ Alien 4

2 re-releases that were both going for around 50 a time on eBay a few months back.
                      >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                      SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                      YR CPTIN SPEKING
                      YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Jorn - The Duke & Spirit Black
                        "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                        - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
                        Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Just got through pre-ordering the brand new High on Fire--Snakes for the Divine CD from Best Buy for 7.99 w/ free shipping and 3 bonus tracks. Can't wait, it'll be released 2/23.
                          And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

• ^ and danmac, I'll be a copy-cat and order new HoF, this week-end. Can't wait to get it the soonest possible.
                            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• Waltari - Big Bang

Bought me a new cd as the old one was getting incredibly scratchy..
                              I'd say one of the ultimate albums from the 90s.. these madmen combine anything from techno to ethnic to pop to death/black metal.. guess not for everyone but i like this a lot
                              Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                                As it turned out, this product was not available through the retailer anymore so I decided to transfer my pre-paid sum to cover Doro's 20 Years A Warrior Soul DVD box...had to pay 19,90 eur more...well, I think it's worth it, it's a gigantic celebration show, 2 DVDs and one CD...
                                The box set arrived today, what a great package indeed! The cool wintry bluish album artwork adorns a sturdy one-way cardboard slipcase, inside is a cardboard case adorned by the fiery version of the same artwork, holding 2 DVDs, the Winter Edition bonus CD and a lavish booklet.

The playing time is insane: a total of 356 minutes, of which the main concert feature is a mammoth 175 minutes & 34 chapters!

Simply put: DORO RULES!!!

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                                Pre-order:

Axel Rudi Pell
                                - One Night Live: Rock Of Ages Festival 2009 DVD (release date 24.2.)

ZZ Top
                                - Recycler
                                - Antenna

32,60 euros (postage included)
                                Only the album Recycler arrived today, a good old original CD edition (with a remixed sound) as my other ZZ Top CDs (excluding the thus far exclusively remastered original mixes of the albums Tres Hombres & Fandango!). The representative at the retailer Levykauppa X was kind & professional enough to check the CD surface before sending the package (the CD was not covered by a plastic pouch), obviously the CD had some kind of dotty damages on its surface, rendering the CD unplayable at the ending. An unfortunate manufacturing fault, I always feel sad when any CD becomes unplayable for any reason. But they promised to order & deliver a new copy for me by next week, I guess it arrives along with the release of the Axel Rudi Pell DVD...

An unfortunate mishap indeed, but again I was treated with a real customer service professionalism that this retailer seems to be specialized in, regardless of which local shop is in question (they have shops in Helsinki, Turku, Jyvaskyla, Kuopio & Oulu).

Comment

Working...
                                X