What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• king diamond- in concert 1987
    king diamond- a dangerous meeting ( a m/f and k/d compilation with a big sleeve essay)

ryan adams- demolition, rock n roll and jacksonville city nights

judas priest- the 2 ripper era cd's and the 2 live cd's he did with them (all used copies and cheap at the price).

clutch- strange cousins from the west.

black crowes- warpaint live

Comment

• Middle of last year, I discovered - by a chance visiting in one of my regular record stores - that the classic Saxon albums of the 80's had been treated with the acclaimed Peter Mew/Abbey Road courtesy, added with tons of interesting studio & live material, all adorned by an album-specific part of the Saxon logo and the Saxon Eagle on the narrow back of the CD case. So I collected all the albums all the way to the Crusader album. I sold my previous reissued versions, excluding the original CD print of Crusader. There was no information available as to when EMI will release the rest of the 80's classic albums of this reissue program - not at the record store and as far as I'm concerned, not at the official Saxon site & forum either. Maybe the information was somewhere, so I missed it. Anyway, I bought the albums that were available, hoping to - one glorious day - to buy the great & grossly under-appreciated Saxon jewel, the ass-kicking & hard rocking album Innocence Is No Excuse. Yesterday I read one mail order catalog and discovered that Innocence Is No Excuse, Rock The Nations & Destiny have all been re-released as a part of this reissue program! Now I browsed the site of one of my regular mail order companies and had the pleasure of finally ordering this Innocence Is No Excuse album at long last, for just 7,95 euros, postage costs included!
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
        Middle of last year, I discovered - by a chance visiting in one of my regular record stores - that the classic Saxon albums of the 80's had been treated with the acclaimed Peter Mew/Abbey Road courtesy, added with tons of interesting studio & live material, all adorned by an album-specific part of the Saxon logo and the Saxon Eagle on the narrow back of the CD case. So I collected all the albums all the way to the Crusader album. I sold my previous reissued versions, excluding the original CD print of Crusader. There was no information available as to when EMI will release the rest of the 80's classic albums of this reissue program - not at the record store and as far as I'm concerned, not at the official Saxon site & forum either. Maybe the information was somewhere, so I missed it. Anyway, I bought the albums that were available, hoping to - one glorious day - to buy the great & grossly under-appreciated Saxon jewel, the ass-kicking & hard rocking album Innocence Is No Excuse. Yesterday I read one mail order catalog and discovered that Innocence Is No Excuse, Rock The Nations & Destiny have all been re-released as a part of this reissue program! Now I browsed the site of one of my regular mail order companies and had the pleasure of finally ordering this Innocence Is No Excuse album at long last, for just 7,95 euros, postage costs included!
        all saxon 80's albums have been remastered with bonus tracks. innocence, rock the nations and destiny came out this february. i will get them, i have remastered saxon, wheels of steel, strong arm, denim, power and the glory and crusader which came out in '09. there are information about them on saxon site, on official forum

Comment

• Originally posted by innuendo View Post
          all saxon 80's albums have been remastered with bonus tracks. innocence, rock the nations and destiny came out this february. i will get them, i have remastered saxon, wheels of steel, strong arm, denim, power and the glory and crusader which came out in '09. there are information about them on saxon site, on official forum
          OK, thanks. Somehow I missed the whole thing. First I only got information of the remastered albums Dogs Of War and Unleash The Beast (I already had them as original prints), the remastered classic 80's albums came as a surprise to me when I visited one of my regular record stores (never saw any information about them coming, but I never even hunted the information). I had to buy them all until the Crusader album, I love the sound work by Peter Mew (his work on classic Purple & 'Snake albums truly impresses me) and the bonus material, live & studio songs likewise.

I guess I will get the Innocence Is No Excuse album this week, I already pre-paid it and I see from my account/profile that the transaction went through already.

I did get Axel Rudi Pell's DVD today! Now I have a total of 4 live DVDs (Live In Bonn high-quality show included) from one of the most interesting artists of today's heavy rock scene...

---

Struck a good 10 euro deal with one trustworthy dealer who sells his used & good albums and other more or less music-related stuff via internet auction site...

Megadeth
          - So Far...So Good...So What! (original CD print)

In late January I got the original CD prints of the Megadeth albums Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? and Rust In Peace from the same dealer, they are in very good & audibly flawless condition, his product presentation were the only one that had good enough pictures for me to know what version of the album is in question...
          Last edited by Sabbathman; 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• On the way in the mail...

Witchfinder General - Resurrected
            Bleak House - Suspended Animation
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Got my pre-ordered copy of High on Fire, Snakes for the Divine, on the very day of it's official release. I must say I was pleased with the service from Best Buy and I am VERY pleased with the new tunes from Matt Pike and the Juggernaut known as High on Fire who will soon crush this present world under it's iron feet... Really they will.

On the same day I also got Lynyrd Skynyrd, Vicious Cycle.

And today Gov't Mule, By A Thread.
              And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

• Just picked up:

- AC/DC - Backtracks some great stuff on here, especially in terms of live material.

- White Wizzard - Over The Top - Just had a quick listen and so far it sounds pretty good
                "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Heaven and Hell - TDYK
                  Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law
                  Living in a world of make believe I can hide behind what's real
                  But wearing your emotions on your sleeve and they all know what you feel
                  And here it comes again straight through the heart straight through the heart

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                    I guess I will get the Innocence Is No Excuse album this week, I already pre-paid it and I see from my account/profile that the transaction went through already.
                    Innocence Is No Excuse arrived with today's mail, fantastic!

---

Found a couple of good releases for a decent price:

Motörhead

- On Parole - 6,95 eur

Thin Lizzy
                    - Are You Ready? Live At Rockpalast 1981 DVD - 8,95 eur

Comment

• Ike Turner - Here and Now

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Originally posted by evil weevil View Post
                      ryan adams- rock n roll

Nice

Comment

• Arrived in the post today:
                        Ihsahn - After
                        Jon Oliva's Pain - Festival

Just giving Festival its first spin, sounds pretty agreeable so far (only 3 tracks in).
                        I don't need wings to reach the sky
                        And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                        ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

• Coalesce - OX EP

Comment

• Rush - R30 (Deluxe Edition)
                            http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave - Initial spin sounds great and full of emotion.
                              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Black Sabbath - The Sabbath Stones
                                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Working...
                                X