X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Blues - Deep Down in Florida

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/usedblues

Comment

• I went to one of the local record stores, wasn't looking for anything particular, just browsing the discount stacks...but stumbled upon a nice surprise, the price dropped from 21,95 to only 11,90 euros:

Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos

A limited edition with a bonus DVD (the making of the album), the package itself is a piece of work on its own: First, the one-way slipcase adorned by the CD version of the cover artwork, made of thick matte cardboard. Then, inside another package adorned with the LP version of the cover artwork. The inside package opens to become a multi-faceted & T-shaped montage of band member pictures, album-related artwork, 2 disc holders and the sleeve for the booklet. Wow! What a king-size digipack for just 2 discs! They don't produce CDs with LP-sized packages, so they produce either DVD-sized digibooks or these multi-faceted digipacks. When I open this package, it feels like I'm opening some sort of metal & horror-esque board game!
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
        Struck a good 10 euro deal with one trustworthy dealer who sells his used & good albums and other more or less music-related stuff via internet auction site...

Megadeth
        - So Far...So Good...So What! (original CD print)

In late January I got the original CD prints of the Megadeth albums Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? and Rust In Peace from the same dealer, they are in very good & audibly flawless condition, his product presentation were the only one that had good enough pictures for me to know what version of the album is in question...
        Got this album earlier today. The condition of the CD and the booklet is identical to my earlier purchases from this same auction dealer. One good deal may be a chance luck, two good deals form a pattern of behaviour, three good deals mark a habit of making good deals. Before I ordered anything from this dealer, I checked his feedback section, all good & positive votes there. Once these deals were sealed, I got an email with all the necessary information of the dealer so that I could contact him and agree on the details of the arrangement. So now I got a good delivery guy of used & good merch if I ever need anything he might have for my use.

---

Little off-topic (but the outcome of these many purchases):

Now after today's update the CD count is 697. The music DVD count is 183. The movie DVD count is 242. All of these numbers became a concrete reality yesterday and today as I counted & rearranged them all to suit my needs, a work of many hours...but worthwhile. The CDs and DVDs are now sorted alphabetically by the band name and by the running order of the release date (CDs) or the era of content (DVDs). The movie DVDs are arranged by the original title, not the Finnish translation.

For the CDs I'm using one 4-stack tower, three 1-stack towers and three closet shelves...My audio & video table/shelf has two shelves with doors, my entire Black Sabbath & Judas Priest discography fit in these perfectly - I consider these albums to be the bedrock of my whole music world, so they might as well be the "bedrock" of my "entertainment central". This table/shelf also has two drawers, one of them is filled with VHS cassettes and stuff, but the other is the starting point for my music DVD storage, two rows inside. The music DVD collection continues onwards to this big 4-drawer cupboard of which I'm only allowed to use two bottom drawers...The music DVD collection becomes complete in the higher drawer with two full rows inside and my movie DVD collection starts to take space in the bottom drawer, also taking two full rows. The bigger bulk of my movie DVDs are lined up behind the three rows of CDs in my closet and finally they take additional 1,5 rows from the fourth shelf. So happy to have this kind of clear & practical arrangement, it enables me to have an easy access for all discs. I had good time to do this and now it's easy to keep it going.

Comment

• A pre-paid mail order deal of 29,85 eur...

Motörhead
          - Iron Fist
          - Bastards
          - Sacrifice

Comment

• On the way in the mail...

Antonius Rex - Praeternatural
            Antonius Rex - Magic Ritual
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Suicidal Tendencies - Join The Army
              Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe
              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Still waiting for the Edge Of Sanity masterpieces Unorthodox and The Spectral Sorrows to arrive...seems to be a real backorder indeed!

Last night I pre-ordered the new album "Gravity Of Light" of the Finnish heavy metal legends Tarot, directly from their webshop, the album will be delivered for the release date 10th of March. 17,99 euros/piece, only 2,69 euros for the envelope packaging. I paid for 2 copies, one goes to my older friend, a dedicated Tarot fan since '86 (when they released their spell-binding debut album The Spell Of Iron)...

---

Pre-order:

ZZ Top
                - Antenna
                Damn, those Edge Of Sanity albums have become coveted treasures, 2 months of waiting and still no sign of them coming in...I had to check from the company by phone, they stated that these are still being sought by themselves, so I guess some more patience has to be found...

Next Wednesday marks another momentous release in the history of Finnish heavy metal history: Tarot will unleash their latest opus "Gravity Of Light", their own merch shop will deliver all pre-paid items for the release date!!!

ZZ Top's "Antenna" seems to be a late comer as well, should have been delivered some time this week, but obviously my regular retailer hasn't got this item as fast as originally planned. Well, hopefully soon enough.

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                A pre-paid mail order deal of 29,85 eur...

Motörhead
                - Iron Fist
                - Bastards
                - Sacrifice
                Still waiting for these as well, the payment went through anyway. I guess early next week I will see these coming...hopefully they had these available in stock...

A visit to one of the local flea markets proved worthwhile again:

Lordi
                - Beast Loose In Paradise (Dark Floors single with the Kiss-inspired artwork) for just 3 euros, pristine condition! Have been looking for this single and now I got it!

A visit to one of the local super markets proved worthwhile as well:

Santana
                - Santana
                - Abraxas

Remastered CD editions in their individual cases but bundled inside a new cardboard slip case (portraying the debut album's lion), a special package with a special price: 10 euros! The very best albums by Santana, the master of emotional & atmospheric guitar wizardry...

Comment

• The DIO Tournado they sell on Dio web-page..

Frank Zappa - Buffalo (2cd live album)

the later i know will be awesome(heard it fro a friend before) and no doubt of the first one either :D

both ordered online
                  Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Comment

• Jimi Hendrix - Valleys of Neptune

Comment

• Nick Simper's Fandango - Slipstreaming / Future Times (two albums on one cd, with history liner notes)

Comment

A visit to one of the local super markets proved worthwhile as well:

Santana
                        - Santana
                        - Abraxas

Remastered CD editions in their individual cases but bundled inside a new cardboard slip case (portraying the debut album's lion), a special package with a special price: 10 euros! The very best albums by Santana, the master of emotional & atmospheric guitar wizardry...

My dad needed something cool to listen to in his car, so I sold my The Essential Santana 2CD to him since I wanted to get rid of it anyway (I want to get more full Santana albums instead of just a collection).

Tarot's massively great & multi-dimensional album Gravity Of Light arrived today. What a fantastic album, full of the best traits & power of the Tarot I know, but also new tricks & treats executed with a tasty & poignant style...

NOW the count is 700.

Comment

• GTR - GTR (bought it in mint condition at ebay)
                          http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Just bought the 30th anniversary edition of Deep Purple's Burn since it was on sale only 5.95 euros.

Never had this one before, since I'm really not a fan of David Coverdale, but the riffing on this one is pretty good and Mistreated is an iconic track...but I've always liked the Rainbow version better for obvious reasons...

Comment

A pre-paid mail order deal of 29,85 eur...

Motörhead
                              - Iron Fist
                              - Bastards
                              - Sacrifice
                              Today I got the albums Iron Fist and Bastards, but Sacrifice remains in the backorder...

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                              Damn, those Edge Of Sanity albums have become coveted treasures, 2 months of waiting and still no sign of them coming in...I had to check from the company by phone, they stated that these are still being sought by themselves, so I guess some more patience has to be found...

ZZ Top's "Antenna" seems to be a late comer as well, should have been delivered some time this week, but obviously my regular retailer hasn't got this item as fast as originally planned. Well, hopefully soon enough.
                              These Edge Of Sanity albums have become unavailable for 2 of my regular retailers, so I had to re-direct the pre-paid sum to cover other items. But happily enough, today I got these albums instead:

Dream Evil
                              - The Book Of Heavy Metal - 8,95 eur

Dark Tranquillity
                              - We Are The Void - 18,95 eur

A third retailer stated that they will get those Edge Of Sanity albums for me, it just takes a week or two...let's see what happens.

---

Yesterday I got ZZ Top's Antenna, so that finishes that backorder. Now I got all ZZ Top albums until that one!

Comment

• the deluxe editions of H&H, MR, LE

Comment

Working...
                                X