What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by celt View Post
    Now that sounds like an excellent day. I would love to see both these events.
    Wish I could go to both events by driving this car... http://naurunappula.com/564045

-----------------------------------------------------

Obviously the CD edition of the new Winterwolf album "Cycle Of The Werewolf" will be further delayed, so I guess I have to buy the first edition vinyl version, coupled with an 8-page booklet and the cover of Bolt Thrower's "Cenotaph"...

Still waiting for my copy of the delayed backorder of the Uriah Heep album "Salisbury", I guess the harbour strike remains to be blamed for this...the operations at the docks are now progressively returning to their usual capacity...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
      On a side note, the new 'Saint album (La Raza) is fantastic. More of a Rock direction than previous work but cool for it. Bush is on top form and it is good to hear him on record again.
      I've only given it a few spins so far, but I agree this is some good stuff from the Saint - their attempts to keep the recording process analogue (as far as possible) seem to have paid off, the overall sound has a nice retro-warmth to it.

Today's delivery:

Heed - The Call
      ex-Lost Horizon vocalist Daniel Heiman's follow-up project, great vocals but music not as entertaining as LH.

Bibleblack - The Black Swan Epilogue
      Got this mainly for Mike Wead's participation as I'm a big fan of Hexenhaus and Memento Mori. Only heard a couple of tracks so far - decent death-ish metal, time will tell how good the quality really is.
      I don't need wings to reach the sky
      And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
      ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

• Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

Comment

• Buffalo ~ Dead Forever
          >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
          SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
          YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
          YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Cathedral - The Guessing Game
            I don't need wings to reach the sky
            And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
            ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

• Today's visit to a local record store:

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium '85 DVD

I confirmed that the delivery of this pre-ordered item will be this Thursday (if we're lucky), part of a special-priced batch, only 14,95 euros. After I made a thorough inventory check on my collections on the turning of the month, I realized that only one DVD is missing from the entire lot and it was this very DVD...obviously I had borrowed it to someone, but can't remember anymore who it was and when (maybe a couple of years ago?)...so this will be the second time I buy this DVD! This time for good...

I also bought Experience Hendrix - The Best Of Jimi Hendrix (Legacy remaster 2010), had to pay only 6,95 euros after I used my 5 euro coupon...

--------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday I will collect my reserved item Iced Earth - Days Of Purgatory 2CD from the Tampere record store, maybe something else too...

Comment

• Yes - Fragile
                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• On Order:

Howlin' Wolf - The London Session (Deluxe Edition)
                  "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                  - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                  —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I just preordered the new Heaven And Hell Deluxe edition also Cathedral's The Guessing Game, it was supposed to be released on 26th but it was still in preorder...

Comment

• Hawkwind at the BBC - 1972
                      >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
                      SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
                      YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
                      YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Darkthrone - Dark Thrones And Black Flags
                        Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                          On Wednesday I will collect my reserved item Iced Earth - Days Of Purgatory 2CD from the Tampere record store, maybe something else too...
                          The visit turned out to be a good one:

Iced Earth
                          - Days Of Purgatory 2CD

--> from the same 2008 limited miniature LP reissue series as the album Something Wicked This Way Comes, this is a good collection of remakes, only 6 songs from the first three albums are not present (I would only miss the song Mystical End from this lot), but the vocal performances on this collection are much stronger and in-line since Matt Barlow did all the vocals again, also few bass & drum parts have been re-done. I think Jon Schaffer made a good job by revisiting the early days of the band. And the price was 2 euros lower than on the web list, only 19,95 euros.

Motörhead
                          - No Remorse (2CD edition, Sanctuary 2005) 12,95 euros
                          - Inferno (limited CD&DVD edition with an interview & 3 video clips, 2004) 13,50 euros
                          Last edited by Sabbathman; 04-01-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Jeff Beck - Truth
                            "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                            - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                            —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                              Now, only the album "Salisbury" is still to be delivered later.
                              Nah, still waiting for this...maybe soon...

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                              Today's visit to a local record store:

Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium '85 DVD

I confirmed that the delivery of this pre-ordered item will be this Thursday (if we're lucky), part of a special-priced batch, only 14,95 euros.
                              We were NOT lucky just yet, maybe after the Easter holidays...

I'm also starting to observe the moment when the special fan pack "Classic Rock Presents: Slash" arrives to the same store, the release date is April 7th...not only I want the limited edition digipack of the new album (with 2 bonus tracks) but also the Slash-exclusive magazine of 132 pages! I was very confident with this multi-artist collaboration release to begin with, Tony Iommi made a successful solo album in this way 10 years ago, with Slash this just couldn't go wrong either...and it didn't! I heard some free tunes from AOL, sounds very cool in my ears...

Comment

• Geezer -- "Ohmwork"

This is a really underrated album. there's a lot of bad reviews on this out there, but I think it's quite good.

Comment

Working...
                                X