No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOOL's 10,000 NIGHTS. I had to have "The Pot" in my collection, I love that song. The rest of the CD is very good also, just wish they'd have had a lyric sheet. Their lyrics are quite compelling.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

• Opeth - Still Life
      http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Got it! I GOT IT!!! After a couple of days of auctioning, I managed to secure one of the most coveted items in the world of my metal enthusiasm for just 17,95 euros (plus 1,05 euro postage):

YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE - MAGNUM OPUS - JAPANESE EDITION BOX SET

I have the original European print of this CD already, but since this album is one of the best metal albums of all time and by far the greatest album made by YJM - his magnum opus - I've also hunted for this Japanese edition, now suddenly I found it from Finland.

Including the 12 song CD in a very good condition and the usual English booklet, this (black) box set also has a Japanese booklet + card and a separate Magnum Photos booklet. The YJM custom plectrum is not included anymore, but so what, I have 2 different YJM plectrums already. Plus, this box set still has the Japan-exclusive "obi" strip!

The song "Tomorrow's Gone" from this album is absolute majesty, one of the top metal songs of all time.
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• I don't know why, but I'm honestly feeling too lazy to post all that I've bought lately.

HOWEVER,

Originally posted by VikingChrist
          Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis
          ^ This was one of my excellent buys exactly a week ago. Viking, what's your take on this disc? I'm lovin' it in a big way..and I've always been a huge DEP enthusiast.
          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• Black Sabbath-Heaven And Hell(Deluxe)
            Black Sabbath- Mob Rules(Deluxe)
            Last edited by The Trooper67; 04-17-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Dommin-Love Is Gone
              Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
              Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
              My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
              I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
              Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

Comment

• Just ordered:

Powerwolf - Return In Bloodred (to replace lost promo copy!)
                Juno Reactor - Bible Of Dreams
                Juno Reactor - Labyrinth
                Juno Reactor - Odyssey 1992-2002
                Hysterica - Metalwar
                Vanderhoof - A Blur In Time
                I don't need wings to reach the sky
                And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

• Ayreon - 010111001
                  Ayreon - Ayreonauts Only
                  Ayreon - Elected EP

Comment

• It's good to see that the recession is not effecting everyone!! I wish I could buy some new stuff!! My list would be:
                    Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell (Deluxe)
                    Black Sabbath - Mob Rules (Deluxe)
                    Glenn Hughes - FUNK
                    Glenn Hughes - Live in Wolverhampton (DVD)
                    Saliva - Moving Forward in Reverse
                    Slash - Slash

Arghhhhhh - I'm broke!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      I just preordered the new Heaven And Hell Deluxe edition also Cathedral's The Guessing Game, it was supposed to be released on 26th but it was still in preorder...
                      Both arrived today.

The Guessing Game didn't come in a digipack...I was very dissapointed by that!
                      Dave Patchett's artwork is once again really incredible! The details are amazing.
                      Haven't had the chance to listen to the music yet though since Heaven And Hell is spinning round now!

Comment

• Just picked up:
                        Bad Company - Hard Rock Live (2008) - CD/DVD Set
                        Howlin' Wolf - Blues Giant (2 CD Compilation)

Although an audiobook rather than an album, I also picked up The Day of the Triffids read by Alex Jennings. Sadly it is abridged but it will be ideal for in the car for driving to work plus it is a fantsatic story (one of my favourite novels).
                        Last edited by Wall 666; 04-07-2010, 08:55 AM.
                        "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                        - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                        —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                            Got it! I GOT IT!!! After a couple of days of auctioning, I managed to secure one of the most coveted items in the world of my metal enthusiasm for just 17,95 euros (plus 1,05 euro postage):

YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE - MAGNUM OPUS - JAPANESE EDITION BOX SET
                            The package arrived today, the box set, the obi strip, booklets & the CD are just like brand-new!

------------------------------

A new pre-paid mail order for a grand total of 11,90:

Rocky IV Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Motörhead - 1916
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Sadly for me the last cd I bought was The Devil You Know. Having small kids my cd buying days are few and far between. Unless you count the Wiggles or Phineas and Ferb.
                              "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

• Originally posted by DISCMAN1969 View Post
                                Phineas and Ferb.
                                I love that show. Just this morning my 5 year old drew a robot, & when I asked it's name he shouted "TRI-STATE-AREA-INATOR!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X