What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    I love that show. Just this morning my 5 year old drew a robot, & when I asked it's name he shouted "TRI-STATE-AREA-INATOR!!"
    That's awesome. I love the Evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz and all his INATORS. My six year old got me hooked on it and I think I watch it more then he does.

Who would have thought on a Black Sabbath forum Phineas and Ferb would be discussed
    "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

• I got 2 Cds from bands I hadn't heard of till a week or so ago

Bison B.C.--Quiet Earth

Black Cobra--Chromega (I know that's not quite the right title, but it's outside in the car)

Both bands are scheduled to open for one of my faves, High on Fire, on 4/14. So I thought I'd check them out. I'm really liking Bison BC, they kick ass. haven't really gave Black Cobra a chance yet.

Also got some old Molly Hatchet vinyl, Take no Prisoners and Beatin the Odds. These are more for deco in the man-cave than anything else.
      And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

• I reserved a CD & T-shirt package straight from the band:

Winterwolf
        - Cycle Of The Werewolf

Uriah Heep's Salisbury is still in the back order from my regular retailer, so - as recommended here & having experienced the awesome studio power of the band during my current theme - I made a couple of additions for the pre-paid postage costs:

Motörhead
        - Another Perfect Day
        - Rock 'n' Roll
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize
          http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Queen
            - Live At Wembley Stadium DVD

...got it on Tuesday. For good this time.

A new mail order from CDON with a post-delivery invoice of 19,90 and no postage costs after the discount code...

Motorhead
            - Hammered
            - Motorizer first edition limited digipack
            Last edited by Sabbathman; 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Not an album but after listening to a Twisted Sister best of in the car for a change of music for that oh so terrible drive to work I've ordered Twisted Sister's DVD "The Video Years" featiring the music vids and a live show from 1984 (I believe) - I can't believe I found it for £4.99 brand new .

I may also soon order the Live at the Astoria DVD/CD set come pay day.
              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                Not an album but after listening to a Twisted Sister best of in the car for a change of music for that oh so terrible drive to work I've ordered Twisted Sister's DVD "The Video Years" featiring the music vids and a live show from 1984 (I believe) - I can't believe I found it for £4.99 brand new .

I may also soon order the Live at the Astoria DVD/CD set come pay day.
                Congratulations on your good buys. "The Video Years" rocks big time and "Live At The Astoria" from 2004 is an iconic Twisted Sister recording.

I should warn you about Live At Wacken...the picture is good and all, but I couldn't get a decent sound out of it, the sound feels like it was completely overblown/brickwalled at the location and couldn't be rescued by any mixing & mastering procedures, yeah it's loud all right but without power & poignancy we're used to with a Twisted Sister recording. It's like an irritating noise, no low end strength, just loud mid & high range, abysmal low end...

Comment

• Ayreon - The Human Equation
                  Riverside - Reality Dream (DVD)

Comment

• Stumbled upon a deal I couldn't resist at a local super market:

Deep Purple
                    - Live In Japan 21st Anniversary Collector's 3 CD Set (EMI 1993)

...for just 10 euros!

Comment

• Originally posted by DISCMAN1969 View Post
                      Sadly for me the last cd I bought was The Devil You Know. Having small kids my cd buying days are few and far between. Unless you count the Wiggles or Phineas and Ferb.
                      Yup I hear ya!!
                      But I did buy the new Slash CD and a CD of Disney Princess Music!!!

Comment

• I think this weekend I am going out to buy the new Slash CD.
                        "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

• On the way in the mail...

Warlord - Book 1: And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun (DVD/CD)
                          Antonius Rex - Switch on Dark
                          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• British Steel 30th Anniversary Set found it's way to my mailbox today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DISCMAN1969 View Post
                              Having small kids my cd buying days are few and far between. Unless you count the Wiggles or Phineas and Ferb.
                              I do. As someone with small kids myself, in the last 7 years I've seen more Wiggles' concerts than all other acts combined. I still think that when Sam took over for Greg they should have changed the name though. The band's direction totally changed. I'm a Greg-era Wiggles loyalist.
                              "But I don't want to go among mad people."
                              "Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
                              "How do you know I'm mad?"
                              "You must be or you wouldn't have come here."

Comment

• Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures (finally went out and bought it )
                                Yes - Going for the One
                                Last edited by Metal Priest; 04-13-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X