Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    I do. As someone with small kids myself, in the last 7 years I've seen more Wiggles' concerts than all other acts combined. I still think that when Sam took over for Greg they should have changed the name though. The band's direction totally changed. I'm a Greg-era Wiggles loyalist.
    I agree with you. I don't know if it was the fact that my son was getting older or not but once Greg had to leave he more or less stopped watching them. I too have been to more Wiggles concerts in 2005 to 2008 then all other concerts combined. Sad I guess but you do what you have to do for the little ones.
    "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
      A new pre-paid mail order for a grand total of 11,90:

      Rocky IV Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

      Motörhead - 1916
      Arrived on Monday...

      Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
      Uriah Heep's Salisbury is still in the back order from my regular retailer, so - as recommended here & having experienced the awesome studio power of the band during my current theme - I made a couple of additions for the pre-paid postage costs:

      Motörhead
      - Another Perfect Day
      - Rock 'n' Roll
      No information yet as to when "Salisbury" will arrive eventually, but both Motörhead albums arrived earlier today...

      Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
      A new mail order from CDON with a post-delivery invoice of 19,90 and no postage costs after the discount code...

      Motorhead
      - Hammered
      - Motorizer first edition limited digipack
      Both are still in 'backorder'...
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

      Comment


      • Surfed around on the net, ended up buying this:

        Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth
        http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
          Congratulations on your good buys. "The Video Years" rocks big time and "Live At The Astoria" from 2004 is an iconic Twisted Sister recording.

          I should warn you about Live At Wacken...the picture is good and all, but I couldn't get a decent sound out of it, the sound feels like it was completely overblown/brickwalled at the location and couldn't be rescued by any mixing & mastering procedures, yeah it's loud all right but without power & poignancy we're used to with a Twisted Sister recording. It's like an irritating noise, no low end strength, just loud mid & high range, abysmal low end...
          Cheers, I cannot wait for it to eventually arrive - I haven't seen any of their videos beyond "I Wanna Rock" () and I haven't seen that in years.

          Those Motorhead albums you're getting are awesome too, especially Another Perfect Day and Motorizer. Two of my fave 'head albums

          On topic I bit the bullet and bought Twisted Sister Live at the Astoria (CD/DVD) set. After listening to the best of I have (...& Nasty Cuts or something - can't remember right now) and some snippets of the Astoria show on youtube I am looking forward to getting this one too!
          "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
          - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

          “Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
          —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

          I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
          Sir Winston Churchill

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
            On topic I bit the bullet and bought Twisted Sister Live at the Astoria (CD/DVD) set. After listening to the best of I have (...& Nasty Cuts or something - can't remember right now) and some snippets of the Astoria show on youtube I am looking forward to getting this one too!
            Hopefully you'll get it soon, you won't be disappointed - I know I wasn't. If they will never make another live DVD again...well, it's all here.

            I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM LIVE YET!!! Sure to fix this huge void in my live experiences as soon as they hit Finland again...

            Surely I recommend you the great "Live At Hammersmith" from their "Stay Hungry" tour, a great live album. It's been made available by Snapper Music's Recall 2CD series in 2007, SMDCD583. This has been a very good & decently priced series (I have all classic W.A.S.P. remasters from this series). Two great cover songs as bonus tracks...
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
              Hopefully you'll get it soon, you won't be disappointed - I know I wasn't. If they will never make another live DVD again...well, it's all here.

              I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM LIVE YET!!! Sure to fix this huge void in my live experiences as soon as they hit Finland again...

              Surely I recommend you the great "Live At Hammersmith" from their "Stay Hungry" tour, a great live album. It's been made available by Snapper Music's Recall 2CD series in 2007, SMDCD583. This has been a very good & decently priced series (I have all classic W.A.S.P. remasters from this series). Two great cover songs as bonus tracks...
              You want to talk about a void - I've yet to see any band live sadly I missed the chance to make Heaven & Hell my first show due to work and it still makes me feel ill to think about it now

              I noticed a "Live at Hammersmith" cd on Amazon and almost ordered it. I may get it later in the month. If it is as good as the W.A.S.P. remasters I'll be very happy indeed. I've noticed a few Sabbath covers on Youtube from 'Sister and they sound very good too - I was quite surprised actually.

              The orders been delayed for some reason for a week but in the meantime the "Video Years" DVD has arrived and is great. Its really good to watch the introductions as well as the videos and live material. The clips of the Astoria show on Youtube are excellent so I'm looking forward to the order arriving more than ever! Can't believe I almost overlooked this band.
              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

              “Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

              I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
              Sir Winston Churchill

              Comment


              • Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair
                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

                Comment


                • Today's mail order send-outs:

                  Uriah Heep - Salisbury (pre-paid 18-03, should arrive during Friday)

                  Motorhead - Hammered & Motorizer (should arrive early next week, post-delivery invoice)

                  "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

                  Comment


                  • Saint Vitus - Children Of Doom

                    Having only heard the group with Wino the change of singer was a surprise. Although I knew Wino left and was replaced (he himself replacing Scot Reagers - though I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him) - the difference in sound is quite strong. I understand this album gets some Flak but so far it sounds pretty good.

                    Now if only I could find Saint Vitus and Die Healing
                    "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

                    “Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                    —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

                    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                    Sir Winston Churchill

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                      Saint Vitus - Children Of Doom

                      Having only heard the group with Wino the change of singer was a surprise. Although I knew Wino left and was replaced (he himself replacing Scot Reagers - though I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him) - the difference in sound is quite strong. I understand this album gets some Flak but so far it sounds pretty good.

                      Now if only I could find Saint Vitus and Die Healing
                      Self titled <--click
                      Self titled <-- click
                      Die Healing <--click



                      I just wish they'd release Hallow's Victim on CD. I don't want vinyl!
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                        Self titled <--click
                        Self titled <-- click
                        Die Healing <--click



                        I just wish they'd release Hallow's Victim on CD. I don't want vinyl!
                        Thanks for the links Icy Sun.

                        I can't believe I didn't think of looking on Amazon

                        Unfortunately I'm in the UK but you did give me the idea of looking on Amazon's UK site and they are there but at approximately double the price or more than the US Amazon site. I don't suppose you know whether it is possible to order from the US Amazon from outside of the US do you?

                        Again, my sincere thanks for the links Icy Sun!
                        "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                        - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

                        “Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                        —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

                        I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                          I don't suppose you know whether it is possible to order from the US Amazon from outside of the US do you?
                          Ofcourse it is. I only buy stuff from the US Amazon, because it is so much cheaper. And I've bought dozens of DVD's, box sets, and cds from there!

                          Comment


                          • Uriah Heep - Celebration
                            Iced Earth - Box of the Wicked (pre-order)
                            Megadeth - Risk
                            Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony
                            Avantasia - Angel of Babylon
                            Last edited by Metal Priest; 04-18-2010, 04:29 PM. Reason: Bought some more
                            http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                              Thanks for the links Icy Sun.

                              I can't believe I didn't think of looking on Amazon

                              Unfortunately I'm in the UK but you did give me the idea of looking on Amazon's UK site and they are there but at approximately double the price or more than the US Amazon site. I don't suppose you know whether it is possible to order from the US Amazon from outside of the US do you?

                              Again, my sincere thanks for the links Icy Sun!
                              Apparently so, as Charger said he orders from there.
                              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

                              Comment


                              • Ofcourse it is. I only buy stuff from the US Amazon, because it is so much cheaper. And I've bought dozens of DVD's, box sets, and cds from there!
                                Apparently so, as Charger said he orders from there.
                                Many thanks Charger & Icy Sun
                                "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                                - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

                                “Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                                —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

                                I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                                Sir Winston Churchill

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X