No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought six Slough Feg albums from their website. I haven't received them yet.

Twilight of the Idols
    Down Among the Deadmen
    Traveller
    Atavism
    Hardworlder
    Ape Uprising
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Asia featuring John Payne - Military Man
      Slash - Slash (Deluxe Edition)
      http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Just pre-ordered the new Live Album and Crucible Remix/master. I've been eagerly awaiting the live album from the Crucible tour for a long time and with songs such as White Heat Red Hot, Never Satisfied, Painkiller as well as tracks from Crucible I know it won't be disappointing.
        "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
        - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
        —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• On the way in the mail...

Hour of 13 - The Ritualist
          Lordian Guard - Sinners In the Hands of an Angry God
          Warlord - Rising Out of the Ashes
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• My friend who works at a local record store made an offer I couldn't resist (an offer so good that it would be insane to resist)...

ICED EARTH - Alive In Athens (3 jewel cases in a cardboard slipcase)

15 euros!
            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
              Have you been keeping up to date with the reissues? I know they've done a few vinyl ones, but are they doing any other CD ones? I really want to see Hallow's Victim on CD!
              I read an interview with Chandler a few months back where he was asked about the CD reissues. He said that the "Die Healing" CD reissue was the only thing that was coming out for sure right now. I remember him specifically stating that there'd be a limited vinyl reissue of the album (which, if you don't have it already, then good luck finding it) and a regular CD version. Don't know about any of the other stuff. I don't think that there are really any plans to do anything with "Children Of Doom". There was talk about reissuing the SST stuff, but if they are counting on SST to repress that stuff, who knows when that will happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by VikingChrist View Post
                I read an interview with Chandler a few months back where he was asked about the CD reissues. He said that the "Die Healing" CD reissue was the only thing that was coming out for sure right now. I remember him specifically stating that there'd be a limited vinyl reissue of the album (which, if you don't have it already, then good luck finding it) and a regular CD version. Don't know about any of the other stuff. I don't think that there are really any plans to do anything with "Children Of Doom". There was talk about reissuing the SST stuff, but if they are counting on SST to repress that stuff, who knows when that will happen?
                Yeah, so far the only SST reissues have been vinyl, which irks me a lot. But most of it doesn't matter, as Hallow's Victim is the only one I need.
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                  Yeah, so far the only SST reissues have been vinyl, which irks me a lot. But most of it doesn't matter, as Hallow's Victim is the only one I need.
                  SST is really a waste of time these days. Greg Ginn doesn't really do anything with the label except release CDs by his own projects that no one buys. I was suprised to see the vinyl repressings (unfortunately, the first album hasn't been repressed), but they did manage to fuck up the "Walking Dead" EP (mixing up the tracks) and they didn't even promote the fact that they were reissuing the records. I'm hoping that Chandler is able to get another label to buy or license the records and remaster them for CD with some nice booklets and liner notes.

Comment

• Savatage - Still the Orchestra Plays

Comment

• Originally posted by Metal Priest View Post
                      Savatage - Still the Orchestra Plays

I should get that one too! With the Japan Live DVD...
                      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Finally my Black Sabbath's The Mob Rules deluxe edition came...damn it took a long time...thanks a lot damn volcano in bloody iceland...

Nice package again, with some great little pictures, too small though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post

I should get that one too! With the Japan Live DVD...
                          That's the one I bought

Comment

• Finally found the CD versions of these. Wore out the vinyls of them:

Comment

• Just picked up:

The Beatles - Let It Be...Naked. This is a huge improvement over the Spector-release version. I simply prefer the stripped back versions of the songs and the more organic and genuine feel that they have - especially of "Across The Universe". I even actually like "Let It Be" on this version of the album.

Ihsahn - After. I've been curious about this artist for a long time and when I saw this album available, the clips I heard on Youtube around the time of it's release resurfaced and I snapped this up. This is quite a different album and I mean that in a good way. It is heavy, with technicality that isn't at the expense of the song that I love in early Megadeth. I am definitely looking forward to listening to this getting into something different.

That said, I am completely unfamiliar with his (Ihahns) prior work in Emperor. I've never really listened to "Black" metal (correct me if I'm wrong on the term). The heaviest I generally listen to beyond Thrash (Megadeth/Slayer/Overkill/Exodus/Testament/Kreator/Sacred Reich et al.) is Arch Enemy, Satyricon and more doomy (and every bit as heavy) Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Type O Negative et al.
                              "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                              - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                              —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                                Just picked up:

The Beatles - Let It Be...Naked. This is a huge improvement over the Spector-release version. I simply prefer the stripped back versions of the songs and the more organic and genuine feel that they have - especially of "Across The Universe". I even actually like "Let It Be" on this version of the album.

Ihsahn - After. I've been curious about this artist for a long time and when I saw this album available, the clips I heard on Youtube around the time of it's release resurfaced and I snapped this up. This is quite a different album and I mean that in a good way. It is heavy, with technicality that isn't at the expense of the song that I love in early Megadeth. I am definitely looking forward to listening to this getting into something different.

That said, I am completely unfamiliar with his (Ihahns) prior work in Emperor. I've never really listened to "Black" metal (correct me if I'm wrong on the term). The heaviest I generally listen to beyond Thrash (Megadeth/Slayer/Overkill/Exodus/Testament/Kreator/Sacred Reich et al.) is Arch Enemy, Satyricon and more doomy (and every bit as heavy) Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Type O Negative et al.
                                Satyricon is Black Metal.

Comment

Working...
                                X