Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sin - lum
    replied
    After a long break I've been checking out some of the Deep Purple albums from Perfect Strangers onwards.

Perfect Strangers - was a bit disappointing to my ears (I think I would have been even more disappointed if I had been a fan in that era. It grew on me with repeat listenings but nothing really got me so excited.

The House Of Blue Light - was much better in my opinion. There are some tracks I really dig on this one. Probably the best MK II album since Machine Head.

Slaves and Masters - apart from the first two tracks I can't really say I like this album. I was listening to it over the past few nights and thought it would grow on me but the tracks again don't do much for me. Considering this was released in the 90's, I hate to admit it - Jack Lord's keyboards didn't fit on this record so well.

The Battle Rages On - Holy Mother!!!! The title track is heavy as f*ck - was this album really released in 1993? This song is heavier than anything Metallica were working on at the time!!! I need to give the album a few more spins to sink into it but my god where on Earth did that title track come from? Maybe it is the result of when an unstoppable force hits an unmovable object? (I'm referencing Gillan and Blackmore here :0)

If you are a Sabbath fan, I think you should check out the song The Battle Rages On

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post
    Judas Priest - Painkiller (2001 reissue)
    Phenomenal album, especially the title track. Been getting into Priest lately been listening to their 70's material.

Leave a comment:

• MJD2013
    replied
    Judas Priest - Painkiller (2001 reissue)

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Bought these yesterday: Judas Priest-Rocka Rolla 45th Anniversary embossed edition_____SLEEP-The Sciences

Love this album and not a bad price and sounds great and it's embossed. I had purchased Sleep The Sciences when it came out through I-Tunes, but decided yesterday to buy the physical CD yesterday, as I have their entire collection, the inside panel of the digipack album cover has some hidden images and words that's cool to find.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Black Sabbath-The Rules Of Hell Radio Sampler Promo

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Black Sabbath-13 Best Buy Exclusive T-shirt box (with the album cover 13 art)

Leave a comment:

• led sabbath
    replied
    Yes - Keys To Ascension
    Yes - Keys To Ascension 2

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Bought the entire Black Sabbath/Ozzy 70's era Warner Bros. 2016 remasters.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ady View Post
    I love Rush. I recommend "A Farewell to Kings" to you, OID, that was the first one I heard and has always been my favourite.
    I tried getting that last time and the Record Shop didn’t have it, when they get it in stock I’ll get it, thanks for the recommendation Ady.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Candlemass-The Door To Doom

Finally got me a a copy of Emerald Sabbath-Ninth Star, I purchased a copy off Amazon, Preordered it and they became out of stock, so after fighting with there representative, I canceled my orders and went to the record shop and bought both Candlemass and Emerald.

Leave a comment:

• Ady
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Bought me some Rush albums, 2112 is a great album, so I said to myself let me try some others.

Rush-(Debut)_________________Rush-Caress Of Steel__________Rush-Hemispheres____________Rush-Grace Under Pressure____
    I love Rush. I recommend "A Farewell to Kings" to you, OID, that was the first one I heard and has always been my favourite.

Leave a comment:

• Ady
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Sam Gopal-Escalator

Featuring Ian Willis/AKA Lemmy Kilminster

Great Album love this stuff, thank you Ady for turning me on to this!
    You're welcome, OID!

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
    Just bought Red Dragon Cartel’s newest yesterday, getting Emerald Sabbath & new Candlemass later this morning. I should be completely deaf and happy by Saturday afternoon!
    Good to see you back IommiRules, I'm waiting for my copy of Emerald Sabbath too, it releases today here in the U.S.

Leave a comment:

• IommiRules
    replied
    Just bought Red Dragon Cartel’s newest yesterday, getting Emerald Sabbath & new Candlemass later this morning. I should be completely deaf and happy by Saturday afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Black Sabbath-The Originals 3 CD Box Set

Leave a comment:

Working...
X