What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
    Yngwie Malmsteen - Relentless (Ripper Owens )
    Roger Waters - Amused To Death
    "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
    Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Monster Magnet ~ Superjudge
      >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
      SHIP ERTH THIS IS
      YR CPTIN SPEKING
      YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Made a discovery at the nearby grocery store:

Queen - Absolute Greatest for just 7,90
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Just had delivery of some Dio albums that had passed me by:

Dream Evil, Killing The Dragon and Magica

Also just ordered Ozzy's Bark at the Moon
          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Rainbow Rising
            "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Comment

• Bloodbath - The Wacken Carnage
              Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II
              http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• sHEAVY - Blue Sky Mind

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sHEAVY - Electric Sleep

Comment

• Last week's arrivals:

Heikki Silvennoinen
                  Charred Walls Of The Damned
                  Sodom

Monday...

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force

Today...

Alcatrazz 2CD

Doro box set (what a fantastic box set this is, the surface of the box is like painting canvas!!!

Comment

• Damn that Doro box set looks cool! What's on it? A live DVD that I know of but is it a best of collection or something else.

Looks like something I'd want to get for christmas! up for the Metal Queen!

Comment

• Gunslinger ~ Earthquake in E Minor
                      >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                      SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                      YR CPTIN SPEKING
                      YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
                        sHEAVY - Blue Sky Mind

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sHEAVY - Electric Sleep
                        CD or vinyl for Blue Sky Mind? If CD, where did you get it?
                        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• Although I don't when they'll arrive given the weather over here (which has ground society to a ridiculous halt ) I have ordered the following albums by The Cult:
                          - Love (Omnibus Edition)
                          - Sonic Temple
                          - Beyond Good & Evil
                          - Born Into This (2CD Edition - new at 1.95)

I've only just discovered The Cult after hearing the infamous "She Sells Sanctuary" repeatedly and Ian Astbury's vocals on Iommi's "Flame On". He has a great voice. After listening the "Sound Of Destruction", "Love", "Love Romval Machine" and a couple of others on Youtube (including one from Beyond Good & Evil) I picked the above.

The Love Omnibus looks great and has extra discs with b-sides/demos/live stuff on. The description on Amazon is from a BBC review and that usually indicates quality. Plus I passed up an expanded version of an album once and regretted ever since, so I never pass by a deluxe bonus packed version unless the price is stupidly high. I'm still stinned at the price of the "Born Into This" album 1.97 for the 2CD version. It sounded ok on Youtube - bargain!

Not albums but I just ordered at the same time Zombieland on Bluray - I saw half of this in Sky and loved it. Also I've been building up Sci-fi novels as I have rediscovered the joy of reading and been picking books from the Sci-fi masters series, particularly Philip K Dick. To round off what I have (Man In The High Castle/Valis/Ubik/Do Androids.../We Can Remember (Short Story Comp Vol.5)) I order Minority Report (Comp Vol.4) and The Penultimate Truth. (I've also over the past 3-4 months picked up a couple of books in the sci-fi masters series by Arthur C Clarke, Michael Moorcock, Samuel Delaney and HG Wells).

@ Sabbathman - you picked up some excellent discs with Charred Walls..., Sodom and particularly (in my extremely biased) Queen.

I haven't had chance to listen to the Sodom album yet - how does it sound?
                          "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                          - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
                          Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• just received Davi Rock Feinstein's Bitten by the Beast. It's a solid hard rock / heavy metal album, but after the first couple of times, I'm only going to listen to one song in it

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              Damn that Doro box set looks cool! What's on it? A live DVD that I know of but is it a best of collection or something else.

Looks like something I'd want to get for christmas! up for the Metal Queen!
                              The full live show and documentary are on the DVDs. The CD contains specially chosen live tracks. The third digibook is a photo book.

And yeah, the box set is cool. Probably the best looking box set ever.

Comment

• Alright! Thanks for the info buddy! I think I'm gonna get that to myself for christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                X