No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddly enough, at my school, they were selling bargain books and CDs at the library, and I got these all for 50 cents each:

Pain of Salvation - Entropia
    Upsidedown Cross - Upsidedown Cross
    Badlands - Dusk
    Sacred Steel - Reborn In Steel
    Pegazus - Wings of Destiny
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• I just picked up the new Vektor CD Outer Isolation. Great tech thrash band from Arizona.
      Religion won't save me
      The damage is done
      The future has ended
      Before it's begun
      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Re, re, re-bought 2 of my favorites that keep coming up missing.

Queensryche- Empire
        Sixx AM- The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack

as well as 2 new ones

Bob Seger's- Ultimate Hits Rock & Roll Never Forgets
        Sixx AM- This is Gonna Hurt
        The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
        The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
        As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
        We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

• My friend just lent me some CDs:
          Metallica - Kill 'em All
          Metallica - Ride the Lightning
          Metallica - Master of Puppets
          Metallica - ... And Justice For All
          Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
          Iron Maiden - Power Slave
          Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
          Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
          Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience
          Well I donít want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
          No I donít want no one to tell me where Iím gonna go when I die
          I wanna live my life, I donít want people telling me what to do
          I just believe in myself, ícause no one else is true

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
            Quick question, can anyboday suggest a starting point with Hagar-era Van Halen? I'm hooked on Chickenfoot and would like to explore some of Hagar and Anthony's previous work. I'm not at all familiar with Van Halen beyond the grating song Jump. Beyond Yankee Rose, I'm not a massive fan of David Lee Roth so Hagar-era seems like something which could be interesting.
            For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and Balance are two best places to start. 5150 and OU812 ain't bad either, if you can get past the whole 80's rock feel. Definitely start with the first two I mentioned.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

• Originally posted by Ochlocracy View Post
              My friend just lent me some CDs:
              Metallica - Kill 'em All

You are in for a great many awesome songs. ENJOY!
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Ochlocracy View Post
                My friend just lent me some CDs:
                Metallica - Kill 'em All
                Man, there could be 7 of some of the greatest metal albums of all time (not counting Jimi and NPFTD). You are going to find some amazing songs. Dig deep as well because there are so many classics on all of those records.
                Religion won't save me
                The damage is done
                The future has ended
                Before it's begun
                - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

• Fight - War of Words
                  Fight - A Small Deadly Space
                  Fight - K-5 War of Words Demos (individual songs not on either album)
                  Halford - Live Insurrection (One of the greatest live albums I've ever heard)

The fight albums are good listens although no one song jumps out at me, the live album however, wow.
                  "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

• Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    Man, there could be 7 of some of the greatest metal albums of all time (not counting Jimi and NPFTD). You are going to find some amazing songs. Dig deep as well because there are so many classics on all of those records.
                    I've been enjoying what I've heard so far (Kill 'Em All). Gotta love having friends sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                      For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and Balance are two best places to start. 5150 and OU812 ain't bad either, if you can get past the whole 80's rock feel. Definitely start with the first two I mentioned.
                      Thanks, I will follow your advice when I make my next order and pick up both Balance and For Unlawful...
                      "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                      - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

ďMusic does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.Ē
                      óAlbert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28Ė065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                        Thanks, I will follow your advice when I make my next order and pick up both Balance and For Unlawful...
                        I agree, those albums are a bit heavier than the others. The others are still great as well though. I suggest listening to them on some online source (Grooveshark, etc.) before you make a purchase just in case you don't like them
                        Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

• Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz

How much do these go for in America? Just curious.

Comment

• Great discoveries from the local Top Ten store for a total of 10,00 Ä...

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                              Oddly enough, at my school, they were selling bargain books and CDs at the library, and I got these all for 50 cents each:

Pain of Salvation - Entropia
                              Upsidedown Cross - Upsidedown Cross
                              Badlands - Dusk
                              Sacred Steel - Reborn In Steel
                              Pegazus - Wings of Destiny
                              Wow! I'm not too sure about the others but just finding that Badlands disc is a chore! I think I paid 13-18 bucks to get that on ebay a while back. And getting for 50 cents!?! That's one lucky find!
                              Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

• I was naughty and treated myself to:
                                - Van Halen's For Unlawful Carnal Knoqledge, Balance and Live Right Here Right Now - these were £3.99 each, new. Balance hasn't arrived yet but the first two have. A quick test of For Unlawful... was pretty good.
                                - I later found a copy of Van Halen II which I bought on an off chance purely because of the price. Whilst my interest is more Van Hagar, I didn't mind Dave's solo track Yankee Rose and the price was right. It is on my list to listen to after the previously listed Halen albums.
                                - Korn's Path of Totality was via a gift voucher. I liked the single and I have enjoyed some of the bands material in the past plus it was essentially free.
                                - ZZ Top's Tejas - a bargain and one of the few 'Top albums I hadn't picked up.

The others are still great as well though. I suggest listening to them on some online source (Grooveshark, etc.) before you make a purchase just in case you don't like them
                                Thanks for the suggestion Pink Led Rush Dio. I think I will do that as I have heard the sound is quite different.
                                "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                                - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

ďMusic does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.Ē
                                óAlbert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28Ė065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X