What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank Williams III - Attention Deficit Domination

This is actually a doom metal album, not a country album. And it's pretty good.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

• It's time for some storytelling...

Back on Sep 10th 2011, I happened to stumble upon an artist named Bob Catley (Magnum). I was browsing through some Youtube videos and saw the album cover of his latest solo album "Immortal" (2008) and decided to click the videos "You Are My Star", "End Of The World" and the mighty title track "We Are Immortal"...Wow, what a great vocalist, what a great band and surely some fantastic music! I can't believe Bob Catley was 61 when he sang these great tunes...I emailed some video links to my friend who knew the band Magnum from the 80's...He hadn't heard any Bob Catley songs and I hadn't heard any Magnum songs...So that was that night, then some time went by...

Last night, for some reason, I had to find these Bob Catley links from the Youtube again. I also checked my emails from last year. What I didn't notice in my friend's reply message on Sep 10th 2011 was his playful signature: Storyteller of Night. I now thought that must be some of the Magnum albums/songs. Every single time when my friend uses some kind of band/artist/album/song name as a part of his signature, it means that he's been listening to that music for a long time (maybe even back from the day when that music was new) and that music will shake my world too...So I searched for this name from the discography and then from the Youtube...As it turned out, the name of the album and the song was "On A Storyteller's Night". Oh man, what a fantastic song!!! I feel this song was custom-made for me, I feel that when Magnum made this song they must have known subconsciously that decades later on a distant cold night of Feb 24-25th 2012 some rock-hungry Sabbathman would find this song for the first time and go crazy about it...

The cover artwork alone is astounding!!! It has the kind of warm and cozy "storytelling" vibe that I love best, the atmosphere, the fire, the elves, the lurking little animals, all the little details...Well, I've always loved artwork like this, beginning from the days of my childhood when I was introduced to the world of fantasy...

I decided to look for this great album right there and then. I almost immediately found the 25th anniversary Deluxe Expanded Edition from the auction site, brand new!!! It was sold by a known seller for only 12,50 Ä + 1,60 Ä postage costs...

Last night was indeed a Storyteller's Night...
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• 'Discovery' was indeed quite the discovery; I'd only known Daft Punk from the music video of One More Time I used to catch on MTV as a kid.
        Never knew there was an entire album and even a whole music film behind it. Kickass listening to this stuff now.
        Last edited by BibleBlack; 02-25-2012, 06:44 AM.
        "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"
        -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Alter Bridge - Blackbird and III
          "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
          http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

Comment

• Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
            Megadeth - Rude Awakening
            Armored Saint - Armored Saint
            Black Country Communion - Live Over Europe
            "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

• Picked up these at the last Record show

ASTRAL DOORS - Jerusalem 2012

STORMRIDER - Shipwrecked 2005

BRUCE DICKINSON - Scream for me Brazil 1999

Comment

• Well I donít want no preacher telling me about the god in the sky
                No I donít want no one to tell me where Iím gonna go when I die
                I wanna live my life, I donít want people telling me what to do
                I just believe in myself, ícause no one else is true

Comment

• Brand new DVD from the auction site for just 4,00 €...The show from Camden Palace, London, 1985...

"He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

• "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

• Fireball - 25th Anniversary Edition - Deep Purple
                      The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden
                      A Different Kind Of Truth - Van Halen
                      Flick Of The Switch - AC/DC
                      Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC
                      Last edited by Thelemech; 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM.
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Tony Martin/Dario Mollo - The Third Cage

Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling (Complete sessions remaster)

Comment

• Cactus ~ One Way Or Another
                          The Atomic Bitchwax ~ Spit Blood
                          Witchfinder General ~ Friends Of Hell
                          "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Comment

• Black Masses - Electric Wizard
                            Fear Of The Dark - Iron Maiden
                            Peace Sells... But Who's Buying (non remastered) - Megadeth

Comment

• Killers - Iron Maiden
                              Through A Window - Hard Meat
                              Den Of Iniquity - The Norman Haines Band
                              Last edited by Thelemech; 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Ballbreaker - AC/DC
                                74 Jailbreak - AC/DC
                                Who Made Who - AC/DC
                                From Fear To Eternity - The Best Of 1990-2010 - Iron Maiden
                                Single Cuts - Judas Priest
                                Blizzard Of Ozz (2011 remaster) - Ozzy Osbourne
                                L.A. Woman 40th Anniversary - The Doors
                                Beyond Magnetic - Metallica
                                Badmotorfinger - Soundgarden
                                Imagine (remastered) - John Lennon
                                A Hard Days Night - The Beatles
                                Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

I just got approved for a credit card so went on a litlle shopping spree!
                                Last edited by Thelemech; 02-29-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X