No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Piece of Mind
    Powerslave
    both by Iron Maiden

Amazing, amazing albums

Comment

Originally Posted By: mrmojorisin Piece of Mind
      Powerslave
      both by Iron Maiden

Amazing, amazing albums
      Yes, quite. I have them both and have had them in various vinyl/cassette/CD formats since their original 1983 and 1984 releases.

I'd go so far as to say they were the last truly inspired Maiden studio albums, and, of course, Live After Death is an essential live album.

After that, though, they kind of seemed to be treading water.
      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Exodus - Atrocity Exhibition - Exhibit A

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis
          Ozzy Osbourne - Black Rain
          Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You
          Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
          Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales

On the way in the mail...

Sheavy - Celestial Hi-Fi
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

'Commandment'-----Six Feet Under
            'The Ultimate Incantations'----Vader
            'The Apostasy'----Behemoth
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

RLP: I've been meaning to check out The Apostasy, myself. But I just haven't had the time to set aside to get it...

Which saddens me, because I heard it's a good album, aside from the production (then again, production rarely bothers me anyways).

Comment

Thoughts: Well, I know I backlashed NIBII before, but now that I hear more of it than just samples, it's quite good. No match for NIBI, but hey, nothing's perfect. I'll review Warchest later when I get the chance.
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234 RLP: I've been meaning to check out The Apostasy, myself. But I just haven't had the time to set aside to get it...

Which saddens me, because I heard it's a good album, aside from the production (then again, production rarely bothers me anyways).

Last night, I heard it through, from start to end, and I gotta say it sounds swell to me. After hearing and hugely loving Demigod (which I actually consider Behemoth's best ever), I sure thought nothing could top that. Of course, I was right, cos The Apostasy doesn't surpass Demigod, but buddy Buttock, it's plenty good, so don't waste time. Since you love and enjoy Behemoth as much as I do, I urge you to do whatever it takes to grab this stunning new record the soonest you can...

Vader is another Polish heavy-hitter that you might care to sample some time. Even better, are their fellow Poles and one-time teen prodigies, Decapitated and their bunch of cool tech-DM albums.
                  "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Pentagram - Review Your Choices

Comment

10cc > King Biscuit Flower Hour 1975

Comment

Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back to Life
                        Isole - Forever More
                        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Ramesses - Misanthropic Alchemy

Comment

Van Halen-Diver Down
                            Van Halen-Fair Warning
                            Van Halen-1984

I'm addicted lol

Comment

"Dark Passion Play" - Nightwish; a 2-CD 'Limited Edition' out of Germany. Second CD is strictly an instrumental rendition of first CD tracks. I kind of like the idea. But to start an album with a twelve minute track really, really drags on me; I think it would have been better at the end. Still, I like the choral & orchestration on it.

"10 Mart 2007 Istanbul Konseri" - Sebnem Ferah (2 CDs); a Turkish female-fronted rock band that performed with an orchestra and chorus in an over two hour concert; one of the first female rock singers to use such additional instrumentation like the Finnish group Apocalyptica, a Finnish Cello Metal trio (formerly a quartet), on her 2001 album 'Perdeler (Windows).' Writes most of her music and lyrics going on five albums so far. A protegé of Sezen Aksu but much more advanced in western style rock and metal since. A little sampling of her work in video:

http://www.izlesene.com/video/muzik/...slaris_sebnem_

Comment

Pentagram - A Keg Full Of Dynamite

Comment

Working...
                                X