No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here remember U-68 Heavy Metal Videos on the UHF channel? That is where I first saw Grim Reaper See You In Hell, before I even had cable, this was in the early 80's, well I bought this today:

And also bought this classic Operation Mindcrime, I have on cassette and replaced it on CD today:
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Anyone here remember U-68 Heavy Metal Videos on the UHF channel? That is where I first saw Grim Reaper See You In Hell, before I even had cable, this was in the early 80's, well I bought this today:

And also bought this classic Operation Mindcrime, I have on cassette and replaced it on CD today:
      That "Fear No Evil" cover is hilariously dreadful. Gotta love classic 80s metal album covers.
      Last edited by MJD2013; 05-27-2018, 06:53 AM.
      Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

• Do you like Grim Reaper MJD2013? Great Metal music they put out.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Do you like Grim Reaper MJD2013? Great Metal music they put out.
          To be honest, I've never listened to them. I'll give them a go...
          Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

• Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post
            To be honest, I've never listened to them. I'll give them a go...
            Check them out MJD2013, I think you'll like them.

Comment

• The last one i got home was the "Wide Awake In America"-EP by U2. I'm waiting for an order of some Ozzy soloalbums that were missing as well.
              you got a killer scene there, man...

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
              http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
              http://www.facebook.com/DVRSweden

Comment

Check them out MJD2013, I think you'll like them.
                I listened to about half each of the "See You In Hell" and "Fear No Evil" albums on Youtube. Not really my thing...

Comment

I listened to about half each of the "See You In Hell" and "Fear No Evil" albums on Youtube. Not really my thing...
                  At least you gave it a try.
                  Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-03-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Bought the new Sleep single off ITunes, Leagues Beneath:

Comment

• Grim Reaper-Rock You To Hell, On ITunes the only place I can get it.

Comment

• The Dead Daisies - Burn It Down

Comment

• Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (1998 remaster)
                          Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1998 remaster)

That's "my" era of Maiden completed, from the first album to Seventh Son.

Comment

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time (1998 remaster)
                            Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1998 remaster)

That's "my" era of Maiden completed, from the first album to Seventh Son.
                            That’s mine as well MJD2013, those were the best years.

Comment

That’s mine as well MJD2013, those were the best years.
                              Yeah, I reckon they were the best years. I was 13 when Maiden's first album came out but the first album I got as it was released was The Number Of The Beast, then I worked backwards to the debut album and Killers. I first saw them live on The Beast On The Road tour in 1982 (the show I saw was not actually a "proper" part of the tour, it was a warm-up for their Reading Festival show) and I saw them once on each tour until the Somewhere In Time tour when I'd left my parents home and was able to go to two or three shows. I saw them at the Monsters Of Rock festival in 1988 and at Wembley Arena the same year, both part of the Seventh Son tour, but I was losing interest in them (and a lot of metal) by then as I got introduced to loads of other music, and I didn't see them again until 2005, again at Reading Festival.

Comment

Yeah, I reckon they were the best years. I was 13 when Maiden's first album came out but the first album I got as it was released was The Number Of The Beast, then I worked backwards to the debut album and Killers. I first saw them live on The Beast On The Road tour in 1982 (the show I saw was not actually a "proper" part of the tour, it was a warm-up for their Reading Festival show) and I saw them once on each tour until the Somewhere In Time tour when I'd left my parents home and was able to go to two or three shows. I saw them at the Monsters Of Rock festival in 1988 and at Wembley Arena the same year, both part of the Seventh Son tour, but I was losing interest in them (and a lot of metal) by then as I got introduced to loads of other music, and I didn't see them again until 2005, again at Reading Festival.
                                Great post MJD2013, I remember buying No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark and not liking them that much and my interest in them was soon lost, I havenít bought a Maiden album since, or listened to any of their songs past Seventh Son.

Comment

Working...
                                X