No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Mrs have bought a set of Abba cds from a big supermarket. More for her than me. Cost 18 quid.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
      Me and Mrs have bought a set of Abba cds from a big supermarket. More for her than me. Cost 18 quid.
      Gotta love Abba. Some of that stuff is dark. Must be the long, cold, dark Swedish winters ...
      Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
        Me and Mrs have bought a set of Abba cds from a big supermarket. More for her than me. Cost 18 quid.
        I've always liked ABBA, since I was a kid, my brothers grew up during the Disco era, so I got to see all the bell bottom pants and platform shoes, lol.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Bought these used today at The Princeton Record Exchange:

Suicidal Tendencies___________Exodus-Bonded By Blood_____________Spinal-Tap-Break Like The Wind__Led Zep-How The West Was Won
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
            Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
            Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
            Iced Earth - Horror Show

Comment

• Bought me some Rush albums, 2112 is a great album, so I said to myself let me try some others.

Rush-(Debut)_________________Rush-Caress Of Steel__________Rush-Hemispheres____________Rush-Grace Under Pressure____

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                Bought me some Rush albums, 2112 is a great album, so I said to myself let me try some others.

Rush-(Debut)_________________Rush-Caress Of Steel__________Rush-Hemispheres____________Rush-Grace Under Pressure____
                Excellent choices. Grace Under Pressure is probably my favourite Rush album.
                Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

• Some Christmas presents...

Black Sabbath - The End (DVD)
                  Living Colour - Vivid (2002 reissue)

...and not albums, but still cool...

Bruce Dickinson - What Does This Button Do? autobiography
                  And a framed print of the lyrics to Rush's "The Garden"

Comment

• Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post
                    Thanks MJD2013, I'll have to give them a deeper listen, I'm really liking their debut.

Comment

Thanks MJD2013, I'll have to give them a deeper listen, I'm really liking their debut.
                      At first listen you might struggle to believe that the band on the first album is the same band as that on "Grace Under Pressure", but if you listen to every Rush album album in order, you can hear the progression and it all makes sense. The biggest jump in sound is probably that between "Hemispheres" (1978) and "Permanent Waves" (1980). I'm a huge Rush fan and I genuinely don't believe that they made any bad albums, although most Rush fans would probably concede that they lost their way somewhat in the early 90s before finding themselves again. And the last album, "Clockwork Angels" (2012), is an incredible way to finish a recording career. In any case, enjoy your Rush journey - I've been on mine for nearly 40 years and I'm still hearing new things with each listen!

Comment

• Opeth - Sorceress
                        Jucifer - If Thine Enemy Hunger

Comment

At first listen you might struggle to believe that the band on the first album is the same band as that on "Grace Under Pressure", but if you listen to every Rush album album in order, you can hear the progression and it all makes sense. The biggest jump in sound is probably that between "Hemispheres" (1978) and "Permanent Waves" (1980). I'm a huge Rush fan and I genuinely don't believe that they made any bad albums, although most Rush fans would probably concede that they lost their way somewhat in the early 90s before finding themselves again. And the last album, "Clockwork Angels" (2012), is an incredible way to finish a recording career. In any case, enjoy your Rush journey - I've been on mine for nearly 40 years and I'm still hearing new things with each listen!
                          Thanks again, I will do that.

Comment

Grace Under Pressure is excellent, so far I’m liking it the best out of the ones I bought.

Comment

• Girlschool- Cant keep a good girl down.

Comment

Grace Under Pressure is excellent, so far I’m liking it the best out of the ones I bought.
                                Good to hear, OID..!

Comment

Working...
                                X