No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Was The Last Album You Bought?

King Diamond - Fatal Portrait, Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, The Eye, Voodoo, House of God, Abigail II, Deadly Lullabies Live (all after getting hooked on a best of and the Puppet Master)
    Sebastian Bach - Bring'em Bach Alive, Angel Down
    Skid Row - Skid Row, Slave To The Grind, Subhuman Race
    Queen+Paul Rodgers - Return of the Champions
    Paul Rodgers - Live In Glasgow, Muddy Waters Tribute
    Bad Company - Bad Co, Straight Shooter
    Free - Best of, Live
    Holy Dio - A tribute to the voice of metal Ronnie James Dio
    Firewind - The Premonition
    Candlemass - Chapter VI reissue (for bonus tracks+DVD)

"But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
    Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ashley Dalby

Alive In Athens is good, I thought so anyway, especially disk two. How can a live recording by Iced Earth go wrong when it features their best song ever, in I Died For You.

The Dark Saga would be my favorite...
      I am really liking "The Dark Saga" I think it is my favorite of all the Iced Earth Cd's followed up by "The Glorious Burden"

"I Died For You" is an incredible song, I agree with Ashley 100%. It is by far, my favorite IE song. I am still learning who sings on what album. The line-up changes with Iced Earth are more dizzying than Megadeth....LOL
      "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

HnH:

Iced Earth was sang by Gene Adams, and NOTSR was sang by John Greely. Barlow sang on everything else up to The Glorious Burden.

Also, I'm really giddy for the new single, I Walk Among You. A new song, as well as three songs from Framing Armageddon, rerecorded with Barlow!!!

I haven't gotten Framing, as I disliked The Glorious Burden, so I'm probably just gonna get this single instead.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234 HnH:

Iced Earth was sang by Gene Adams, and NOTSR was sang by John Greely. Barlow sang on everything else up to The Glorious Burden.

Also, I'm really giddy for the new single, I Walk Among You. A new song, as well as three songs from Framing Armageddon, rerecorded with Barlow!!!

I haven't gotten Framing, as I disliked The Glorious Burden, so I'm probably just gonna get this single instead.
          I would suggest buying Framing seeing as the new Barlow album will be the 2nd part (then again knowing Shauffer theyll probably re-record the entire album with Barlow)
          I didnt like The Glorious Burden that much either but I feel Framing definatly makes up for it.
          So live for today
          Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Thanks guys for giving me the low down on the singers for IE.

I had a couple more questions on a couple of EP's I picked up.

on the "Enter the Realm" EP, it is Gene Adams? I would assume since most of the songs are on the "Iced Earth" album (not to mention it sounds like the same guy).

on the "Melancholy EP" Is that Barlow? Sounds like it to me.

On the EP "Overture of the Wicked" That is 100% "Ripper" Owens!

I really am into these guys, but it's hard to get into a band quickly with the size of the catalog they have. I'm doing my best to cram in 17 years of music!!!
            "I can honestly say its truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Originally Posted By: H&H on the "Enter the Realm" EP, it is Gene Adams?
              Oui.

Originally Posted By: H&H on the "Melancholy EP" Is that Barlow? Sounds like it to me.
              Yup.

Originally Posted By: H&H I really am into these guys, but it's hard to get into a band quickly with the size of the catalog they have. I'm doing my best to cram in 17 years of music!!!
              I agree. The band's discography is so huge... I haven't really even checked anything out pre-SWTWC, aside from a few songs from each album...

Comment

Emperor - Emperor/Wrath Of The Tyrant
                Anthrax - Sound of White Noise
                Anthrax - Stomp 442
                Exodus - Impact is Imminent (reissue)
                Exodus - Force Of Habit (reissue)
                Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
                Atheist - Elements

Comment

On the way in the mail...

Budgie - Bandolier
                  Holocaust - Live (Hot Curry & Wine)
                  Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

OK, Back on topic. My recent additions round out my Judas Priest collection, and I was missing a bunch.

Rocka Rolla
                    Sad WIngs of Destiny
                    Sin After Sin
                    Stained Class
                    Hell Bent for Leather
                    Defenders of the Faith
                    Turbo
                    Ram It Down
                    Painkiller
                    Anger of Retribution

I still need to get Priest Live. I did pick "Live in London" with Owens on vocals. I saw them on this tour, it is a killer CD!

Well after picking up 12 Iced Earth CD's and now 11 JP's I think I have a great deal of new music to keep me busy over the next few months. Not to mention I am broke....LOL!

Comment

Don't forget Jugulator and Demonizer
                      "I want to tell you, yeah
                      How Good It Feels
                      Sleeping here with you tonight
                      And thats for real"
                      -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Don't forget Jugulator and Demonizer
                        Demonizer? Did you mean Demolition? Thanks for the heads up though!

I had Jugulator, Demolition, British Steel, Point of Entry and Screaming for Vengence.

Comment

Yeah thats what I meant, I always get it confused.
                          "I want to tell you, yeah
                          How Good It Feels
                          Sleeping here with you tonight
                          And thats for real"
                          -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                            SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                            YR CPTIN SPEKING
                            YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Lurker of Chalice - Lurker of Chalice
                              Soilent Green - Inevitable Collapse in the Presence of Conviction
                              Jesse Sykees & The Sweet Hereafter - Like Love Lust & The Open Halls of the Soul.

Comment

Ac/Dc 1981-11-21 - Rosemont Horizon Hall, Chicago, IL, USA

Comment

Working...
                                X