Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Live: 101 Proof - Pantera
    Animal Magnetism - Scorpions
    Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

• Larry McCray's latest record. That's some stinging, powerful blues rock there.

Comment

• I picked up some Who Yesterday. I guess someone was cleaning out there collection and I picked them up cheap at the local Record exchange.

Quadraphenia
        Tommy
        A Quick One
        Face Dances
        Who Are You
        The Who Sell Out
        "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

• Wino - Punctuated Equilibrium
          Mouth Of The Architect - Ties That Blind
          Battle Of Mice - A Day Of Nights
          Minsk - Out Of A Center Which Is Neither Dead Nor Alive

Comment

• Hordes of Chaos----KREATOR
            Live in Montreal (DVD)----DEEDS OF FLESH
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

• Khanate - Things Viral
              Today Is The Day - Temple Of The Morning Star
              Cable - Gutter Queen
              Coliseum - Goddamage
              Brutal Truth - Sounds of the Animal King/Kill Trend Suicide

Comment

• Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes Live (in mint condition for 14$)
                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

• Recently I broke the ice and started buying albums again. The last additions to my collection are:
                  Metallica - Death Magnetic (okay...)
                  Leif Edling - Songs of Torment, Songs of Joy (fuckin' awesome!)
                  Hawkwind - Hawkwind (you people got me interested in this band!)
                  "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

• Wino - Punctuated Equilibrium (great record)
                    Ty Tabor - Balance

Comment

• Recently bought -
                      Kyuss - Blues for the red sun, Welcome to sky valley [finally took a chance and got Blues... after one spin I immediately sought out the rest and looked back at QOTSA]
                      Vinnie Vincent - Invasion [heck of a guitarist - shame he didn't stay Kiss for long]
                      Monster Magnet - Superjudge
                      Trouble - Psalm 9
                      Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris, Live (CD/DVD)
                      Kiss -Animalize
                      Sir Lord Baltimore - Sir Lord Baltimore (1st two albums on one disc)
                      Orange Goblin - Coup De Grace

On order -
                      Kyuss - Wretch, And the circus leaves town
                      Vinnie Vincent - All Systems Go

Also literally 30 mins ago I picked up a copy of Wino's Punctuated Equilibrium and it certainly rocks

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come what with Candlemass, Heaven & Hell and a rumoured Dio albums come - if they live upto Wino's album whatever else's released this year won't bother me
                      Last edited by Wall 666; 01-29-2009, 11:00 AM.
                      "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                      - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                      —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Cable - Northern Failures
                        Neurosis - Live At Lyon
                        Eyehategod - Preaching The End Time Message
                        Eyehategod - Confederacy Of Ruined Lives

Comment

• Originally posted by Wall 666 View Post
                          Recently bought -
                          Vinnie Vincent - Invasion [heck of a guitarist - shame he didn't stay Kiss for long]
                          On order -
                          Vinnie Vincent - All Systems Go
                          heh heh... Vinnie was great in Kiss... great songwriter too. I loved the VVI album... former Journey singer Robert Fleischman is on that one & is superb. Unfortunately Mark Slaughter in on 'All Systems Go' and it's pretty tragic. Vinnie's ego got out of control so he sacked by his own band(!!!) and they replaced him to become the HORRENDOUS Slaughter!

VVI is great though... Back On The Streets is a fave of mine...

Comment

• heh heh... Vinnie was great in Kiss... great songwriter too. I loved the VVI album... former Journey singer Robert Fleischman is on that one & is superb. Unfortunately Mark Slaughter in on 'All Systems Go' and it's pretty tragic. Vinnie's ego got out of control so he sacked by his own band(!!!) and they replaced him to become the HORRENDOUS Slaughter!

VVI is great though... Back On The Streets is a fave of mine...
                            Two things surprised me here -
                            1. Robert Fleischman - I don't know whats more surprising to me - that he was in Journey or that I haven't heard of him until now because his pipes on VVI are incredible.
                            2. I didn't know Vinnie was sacked from his own band. Shame really. I've only just looked at his work because after alot of searching I found a copy of Kiss' Lick It Up which is superb - and I noticed 8 out of 10 songs co-credited to Vincent, plus of course Creatures...

I've just gotten All Systems Go and to be honest two things struck me, firstly it didn't seem as energetic as VVI - although this in itself is only after a couple of spins and secondly Slaughter's vocals are, to me, a step down. Thats not to say that they're terrible, but not as good a Fleischman's.

One other ting which threw me on VVI is Vinnie's striking resemblence to - if I've got the name right - Pete Burns, I had to look twice - very '80's

"But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                            - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

“Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.”
                            —Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28–065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• yeah when they repalced Fleischman they spun some bullshit about a lost demo that they tracked down AFTER recording the album and that guy turned out to be Slaughter... everyone knew it was crap because Fleischman was fired cos he didn't look like a drag queen & didn't fit the image... But yeah... great singer.

Comment

• Uriah Heep - Wonderworld
                                Uriah Heep - High and Mighty
                                http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

Working...
                                X