No announcement yet.

What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Was The Last Album You Bought?

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234 Does it have to be CD's you've bought?
    You could always start a new thread entitled 'What was the last album you downloaded or ripped'

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
    YR CPTIN SPEKING
    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234 Does it have to be CD's you've bought?
      You could always start a new thread entitled 'What was the last album you downloaded or ripped'

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
      SHIP ERTH THIS IS
      YR CPTIN SPEKING
      YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hey Buttock, I totally appreciate the reasons you cited for not having bought too many cd albums yourself. When you had earlier mentioned about hearing the two Cryptopsy albums in full and liking them both, I sort of reflexively assumed---(cos I have only ever 'bought' an overwhelming majority of my personal cd albums, with either cold hard cash or with the electronic kind via credit card debits)----that you had bought your new ones from a great store near where you live. Anyway, what exactly do you then mean by you just "recently picked up..."?..Most people I have known so far are heavily into downloading stuff onto their gadgets or else simply borrowing albums from friends and burning copies of their own.

Since you mention one of our mutual extreme metal heroes, Behemoth, I wonder if you have heard their latest, last record called 'The Apostasy'. I couldn't get it when I wanted it most, then sort of forgot about it. Now with our recent exchanges on your fantastic thread with Behemoth among our talking points, I'm a bit anxious all over again about getting that last album. The only other Behemoth album that I haven't heard at all, is the supposedly highly experimental, eclectically flavoured early album titled 'Grom'.

BTW, Buttock, haven't you dug into any Morbid Angel or Nile yet?I had been thinking about recommending to you another superb Florida DM act. They were a short-lived quintet called Brutality and I absolutely love all the three albums of theirs that I own. Very dirty, dangerous and brutal style yet there are sequences of deliciously melodic guitars throughout their records to suit your tastes, for sure. If you ever wanna know of more bands you might wanna try out, then you know who to ask, right?
            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Hey, RLP. Yeah, I can say I've downloaded Cryptopsy's two albums, but I'm not too proud of it. Most of my music, as I said in the "what CDs do you own?" thread, is downloaded or ripped off of CD's from friends, but as I said before, I do try to support the bands if able.

To tell you the truth, I haven't had much time lately to check any new music lately, because of friends, games, work, etc. Typical teenager stuff, you could say. I actually create a list of the music I want to get, and those that I mentioned earlier were on it. Thankfully, I can now cross those off and get to Altars of Madness by Morbid Angel and Black Seeds of Vengeance by Nile; the ones you suggested in the "Black Sabbath and..." thread.

I haven't heard The Apostasy yet, I heard it's pretty bad. But after I get those two done, I'm gonna check it out for myself. But I still can't get over how good of an album Zos Kia Cultus is. Musically, it sounds similar to Demigod, but it contains synth bits too (the intro to Horns ov Baphomet, Hekau 718, etc), which Demigod never had. It's an intriguing sound. Not to mention, the mix is a bit different. Everything sounds slightly more organic and less robot-like.

All in all, a decent album. Not as good as Demigod, IMO, but decent nonetheless. But I'm veering off-topic. It seems I can't discuss albums in here without starting a pointless new thread.

Comment

Dream Theater - Train of Thought
                Dream Theater - Octavarium
                Rush - Vapor Trails
                Rush - Test For Echoe
                Rush - Fly By Night
                Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards
                Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

Comment

I got the following albums a couple days ago:

Angel Witch - Angel Witch
                  Solitude - From Within
                  Raven Black Night - Choose The Dark

However, yesterday I got this one (still haven't listened to it):

Comment

Orange Goblin - Time Traveling (sp?) Blues/Frequencies From Planet 10
                    Deep Purple - Live In Stuttgart 1993
                    Gamma Ray - Sigh No More
                    Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free
                    Gamma Ray - Alive '95
                    Gamme Ray - Majestic
                    "But that is not the question. Why are we here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come."
                    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Music does not influence research work, but both are nourished by the same sort of longing, and they complement each other in the release they offer.
                    Albert Einstein --- To Paul Plaut, October 23, 1928. AEA 28065

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally Posted By: SDMF Jon Megadeth - "United Abominations"
                      Same.
                      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Originally Posted By: Wall 666
                        I love that, one of my favourite live albums. They were really on form that night and the crowd are great too.
                        >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                        SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                        YR CPTIN SPEKING
                        YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally Posted By: Wall 666
                          I love that, one of my favourite live albums. They were really on form that night and the crowd are great too.
                          >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                          SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                          YR CPTIN SPEKING
                          YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Rush-Exit...Stage Left
                            So live for today
                            Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Rush-Exit...Stage Left
                              So live for today
                              Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Sun red Sun

Comment

Working...
                                X