Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

DOOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOOM!

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath
    This sounds like a good kind of problem to have.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally Posted By: Franklin
      Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath
      They get bashed for other stuff, too, and most of it is stupid. I have the album, it's pretty good, but many elitists question their credibility because some of the guys have an indie rock background they are signed to a non-metal label. Its kind of dumb, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Icy Sun Candlemass
        Trouble
        Pentagram
        My Dying Bride
        Black Hole
        Cathedral
        Count Raven
        Blood Farmers
        Tales of Dark
        Draconian
        Reverend Bizarre
        Om
        Sleep
        Memento Mori
        Minotauri
        Mythological Cold Towers
        Church of Misery
        Solstice
        Totem
        Penance
        Thanks for this great list. As I love Trouble and Candlemass, but have not yet heard the other bands on your list, I can now spend my time (and possibly my money) on music by these bands. It should keep me entertained for months!
        No prob. But be weary, as not all of them are very similar to Sabbath, Candlemass, Trouble, etc (but most of them are), so you should deinitely sample before buying.
        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Originally Posted By: VikingChrist
          They get bashed for other stuff, too, and most of it is stupid. I have the album, it's pretty good, but many elitists question their credibility because some of the guys have an indie rock background they are signed to a non-metal label. Its kind of dumb, if you ask me.
          Agreed. Another reason a lot of metal fans don't like them is apparently too many of their fans aren't metal fans.
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I think almost ANY "doom metal" band could get bashed for "sounding too much like Sabbath." Candlemass certainly did.
            He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
              R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Originally Posted By: NoWayOut I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
                ay i've gotten it too. great, great work!

Comment

Pentagram for sure are the true originators of Doom along with Sabbath.
                  check out for bedemon stuff as well(early Pentagram).

Sheavy
                  Krux
                  Candlemass
                  Solitude Aeturnus
                  Electric Wizard
                  Place of Skulls
                  Glow
                  Cathedral
                  Saint Vitus

loads of bands but these are certainly my fav.
                  http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                  https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                  http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Originally Posted By: Dehumanizer6
                    Originally Posted By: NoWayOut I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
                    ay i've gotten it too. great, great work!
                    i love the way they mixed doom with Acoustics at the same time! Amazing!
                    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Man...I love doom metal.

My favorite doom band is definately Electric Wizard. I love the first album, Come my Fanatics, Witchcult Today and especially DOPETHRONE, which is simply one of the best doom albums I've ever heard. I like Reverend Bizzare a lot too, they're really heavy. In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome as hell. So is Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium which is monsterous. I also like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, The Sword and Trouble-at least these are my favorites. I love all doom.

One thing I love about doom in comparison to other sub-genres (and I like these other sub-genres a lot as well so I'm not bashing them) is that, you play fast and you're thrash metal. You play faster, you're Death/Black metal. Faster than that, it's Grind-Core. I love all of those subgenres, but I love that no matter how slow you go, DOOM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!

Oh btw, anyone like the Melvins???

Comment

Originally Posted By: BloodshotGtr Man...I love doom metal.

My favorite doom band is definately Electric Wizard. I love the first album, Come my Fanatics, Witchcult Today and especially DOPETHRONE, which is simply one of the best doom albums I've ever heard. I like Reverend Bizzare a lot too, they're really heavy. In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome as hell. So is Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium which is monsterous. I also like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, The Sword and Trouble-at least these are my favorites. I love all doom.

One thing I love about doom in comparison to other sub-genres (and I like these other sub-genres a lot as well so I'm not bashing them) is that, you play fast and you're thrash metal. You play faster, you're Death/Black metal. Faster than that, it's Grind-Core. I love all of those subgenres, but I love that no matter how slow you go, DOOM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!

Oh btw, anyone like the Melvins???
                        Melvins are a really cool band.

their newer album "(a) senile animal" was fantastic i thought.

Comment

I like the Melvins, too. They do release some crap, which I guess is done purposely just to annoy people, but a lot of their stuff is awesome. (A) Senile Animal was fantastic

Comment

You'll can check out Bedemon - Child Of Darkness album fea legend himself mr bobby liebling. Amazingly heavy/doomy album.
                            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Originally posted by Kgb View Post
                              Pentagram for sure are the true originators of Doom along with Sabbath.
                              check out for bedemon stuff as well(early Pentagram).
                              Bedemon!!!! Excellent anyone into Pentagram and Doom music needs to check them out!
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Dream Death
                                Penance
                                Revelation
                                Against Nature
                                Oridruin
                                The gates of slumber
                                Northwinds
                                Internal void
                                Asylum/unorthodox
                                Saint vitus
                                Trouble