Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Bands Game

<span style="color: #FF0000">THE RULES:</span>
    <ul>[*]We start off with 20 bands, each having ten points.[*]The point of the game is to drain points from specific bands, while healing your own. For each one point that you heal a band, you remove two points from another.[*]You may not make more than one consecutive post; ie: you must first wait for another person to post before you make yours. Also, one post per day, per poster.[*]You can vote for a band you haven't heard, or have heard very little of, on the premise of protecting a band you enjoy.[/list]
    <span style="color: #FF0000">
    THE BANDS:</span>
    <ul>[*]I've decided, that in order to make things fair, and interesting, for everyone, that I will be allowing you guys to choose most of the bands for this game. One band per person. <span style="color: #666666">(Note: I've left off Sabbath, because had I included them, this would end up being a landslide victory for them, guaranteed. Not to mention, this is the Other Bands forum...)[*]No metal bands please. This is the Rock Bands game.</span>

Once we get 20 bands, the game will begin.

01) Billy Talent
    02)
    03)
    04)
    05)
    06)
    07)
    08)
    09)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

Go![/list]

Re: Rock Bands Game

Classic rock would count?
    of so then RUSH

Comment

01) Billy Talent
      02) Rush
      03) Queen
      04)
      05)
      06)
      07)
      08)
      09)
      10)
      11)
      12)
      13)
      14)
      15)
      16)
      17)
      18)
      19)
      20)
      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
      "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally Posted By: LordOfMetal Classic rock would count?
        of so then RUSH
        I see no reason why it wouldn't count. It is a form of rock, after all.

Comment

Led Zeppelin

01) Billy Talent
          02) Rush
          03) Queen
          04) Led Zeppelin
          05)
          06)
          07)
          08)
          09)
          10)
          11)
          12)
          13)
          14)
          15)
          16)
          17)
          18)
          19)
          20)

Comment

Van Halen

01) Billy Talent
            02) Rush
            03) Queen
            04) Led Zeppelin
            05) Van Halen
            06)
            07)
            08)
            09)
            10)
            11)
            12)
            13)
            14)
            15)
            16)
            17)
            18)
            19)
            20)

And why not metal bands in this game? Metal is a form of rock anyway. Reason why I say because VH didn't quite fit with the metal bands game, but with this game, any form of rock can fit. Just a thought.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter And why not metal bands in this game? Metal is a form of rock anyway.
              I disagree; it's gotten to the point nowadays where we can draw a clear distinction between what is rock and what is metal; I mean, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, etc, are not rock bands.

IMO, rock and metal completely separate entities.

01) Billy Talent
              02) Rush
              03) Queen
              04) Led Zeppelin
              05) Van Halen
              06) Boston
              07)
              08)
              09)
              10)
              11)
              12)
              13)
              14)
              15)
              16)
              17)
              18)
              19)
              20)

Comment

Fair enough. You a Boston fan?
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter Fair enough. You a Boston fan?
                  I've heard a couple songs off of the Greatest Hits, since my father owns the CD. I thought they were pretty good.

Comment

Aye, the debut is fantastic. Sure it isn't metal, but it's up there on the hard rock scale with VH, LZ, and Montrose's debut albums.

EDIT: Oh, just had a thought: after this one and a next one, we could have an allstar hurt and heal combining rock and metal bands list, bring back bands for a second time around. Or rather, have half of the bands from both metal hurt and heal games that didn't cut it the first time come back for a third round.

Comment

David Lee Roth (DLR) solo band

01) Billy Talent
                      02) Rush
                      03) Queen
                      04) Led Zeppelin
                      05) Van Halen
                      06) Boston
                      07) David Lee Roth (DLR) band
                      08)
                      09)
                      10)
                      11)
                      12)
                      13)
                      14)
                      15)
                      16)
                      17)
                      18)
                      19)
                      20)
                      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally Posted By: RLP4ever David Lee Roth (DLR) solo band
                        Oh no you didn't.

Comment

Ha, I couldn't really think of many 'rock' acts that I could automatically put up there. I've already got two of my own top two favourites up there already. If Buttock allows me a second one, I know which one I might up there. But seriously, 8bit, when I saw my own top dog, Van Halen, already listed, thanks of course to you, I just had to push DLR inside the ring for the heavyweight championship bout. But hey, it's actually more trouble to have too many personal favourites on the list.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Aye

Comment

Originally Posted By: RLP4ever
                              Ha, I couldn't really think of many 'rock' acts that I could automatically put up there. I've already got two of my own top two favourites up there already. If Buttock allows me a second one, I know which one I might up there. But seriously, 8bit, when I saw my own top dog, Van Halen, already listed, thanks of course to you, I just had to push DLR inside the ring for the heavyweight championship bout. But hey, it's actually more trouble to have too many personal favourites on the list.
                              I usually let people choose a second band, but only when there's a shortage of other people suggesting bands. I'd give it awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X