Official Hawkwind Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ady View Post
    I saw Hawkwind twice at the weekend. Norwich on Saturday and Stamford on Sunday.

They have a new bassist by the name of Haz Wheaton. A lot of people are comparing him to Lemmy, but he says his biggest influence is Geezer Butler. Whatever, he's an amazing player and finely in tune with Dave Brock. Check him out in this video that was posted to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coddfather7...4628307226200/
    Nice to see Haz playing with HW. Seems like a good guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
      Nice to see Haz playing with HW. Seems like a good guy.
      He is, my mate and I had a chat with him after the Stamford show.

>>TECHNICI腘S 諪 SP臗E
      SHIP E臨TH THIS IS
      Y周R C腜T臝N SPE腒ING
      Y周R 嘏PT臝N IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• ^^^

"Arrival in Utopia", one of my favourites.
        My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Interview with Haz Wheaton.

http://www.bristol247.com/channel/cu...ew-haz-wheaton
          >>TECHNICI腘S 諪 SP臗E
          SHIP E臨TH THIS IS
          Y周R C腜T臝N SPE腒ING
          Y周R 嘏PT臝N IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Hawkwind-Motorhead
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• I love Hawkwind and Motorhead. I am surprised how many people do not know Lemmy did something pre-Motorhead. Whereas everyone seems to know Sabbaths/ACDCs etc past. I am saying that and there was my Dad, Big on Hawkwind but not as much with Motorhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
                I love Hawkwind and Motorhead. I am surprised how many people do not know Lemmy did something pre-Motorhead. Whereas everyone seems to know Sabbaths/ACDCs etc past. I am saying that and there was my Dad, Big on Hawkwind but not as much with Motorhead.
                I’ve known Lemmy did something before Mot鰎head with Hawkwind since I was a teen, I’m now 48, I’m liking Hawkwind.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
                  I love Hawkwind and Motorhead. I am surprised how many people do not know Lemmy did something pre-Motorhead. Whereas everyone seems to know Sabbaths/ACDCs etc past. I am saying that and there was my Dad, Big on Hawkwind but not as much with Motorhead.
                  Same with my dad. He got into Hawkwind in the 1970s, but didn't really get into Mot鰎head until I lent him some of their albums a few years ago. With that said, there was a lot of Hawkwind he'd missed out on as well, as they kind of fell of his radar as they got into the 1980s. And now, that wider period has some of his favourite material.

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  I’ve known Lemmy did something before Mot鰎head with Hawkwind since I was a teen, I’m now 48, I’m liking Hawkwind.
                  Glad to hear it, there's a lot to discover with Hawkwind (before, during, and after Lemmy's tenure). One of their later-period bass players, a guy called Alan Davey, was and is heavily influenced by Lemmy. So during his time in the band, the bass tracks had an edge similar to what Lemmy might have given them.

With that said, some stellar musicians have passed through Hawkwind's ranks.
                  Last edited by SweetSymptom; 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                    Glad to hear it, there's a lot to discover with Hawkwind (before, during, and after Lemmy's tenure). One of their later-period bass players, a guy called Alan Davey, was and is heavily influenced by Lemmy. So during his time in the band, the bass tracks had an edge similar to what Lemmy might have given them.

With that said, some stellar musicians have passed through Hawkwind's ranks.

Yes like Ginger Baker and Arthur Brown, I’m just really getting into Hawkwind, just bought their Space Ritual album, the 1972 one and Space Ritual 2015.
                    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-08-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Love in Space

>>TECHNICI腘S 諪 SP臗E
                      SHIP E臨TH THIS IS
                      Y周R C腜T臝N SPE腒ING
                      Y周R 嘏PT臝N IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• One of the bands Lemmy was in before Hawkwind, they made one album.

>>TECHNICI腘S 諪 SP臗E
                        SHIP E臨TH THIS IS
                        Y周R C腜T臝N SPE腒ING
                        Y周R 嘏PT臝N IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Nik Turner & Lemmy

>>TECHNICI腘S 諪 SP臗E
                          SHIP E臨TH THIS IS
                          Y周R C腜T臝N SPE腒ING
                          Y周R 嘏PT臝N IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

• Cool photo Ady^^^^.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ady View Post
                              One of the bands Lemmy was in before Hawkwind, they made one album.

This was great, really enjoyed listening to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X