Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

do you guys like Bon Jovi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you guys like Bon Jovi?

I love "I'll be There For You"

That song was fucking awesome

Re: do you guys like Bon Jovi?

Love Bon Jovi. Almost every album, but my fav is "New Jersey". Jon is definitly one of the finest voices in rock.

Yes, commercial. Yes, it's cool to say you hate him, etc. Sure, I'm not cool, so what? Great music!

Comment

I don't hate them, nor am I a fan. They were typical '80s commercial rock to me. However, they certainly have outlasted their contemporaries. They're going to be headlining an outdoor festival this summer over the border in Canada.

I saw them before they were well-known. It was in 1984 and they were opening for Scorpions in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They had just put out their first album. They played for barely half an hour and almost got booed offstage. I thought, "this lot isn't going anywhere."

Shows you how much I know.

I saw them again a year later, opening for Ratt in South Bend, Indiana. Mama's Boys from Ireland were third on the bill. Bon Jovi got a much better reception that time around.
      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

I love the song they did for the Young Guns OST, but apart from that they bore me out of my mind.
        http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Not at all.

My sister-in-law is a huge fan, though.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Sir Kenneth I love the song they did for the Young Guns OST, but apart from that they bore me out of my mind.
            That was a Jon Bon Jovi solo song.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Sir Kenneth I love the song they did for the Young Guns OST, but apart from that they bore me out of my mind.
              That was a Jon Bon Jovi solo song.

Comment

I liked them in the 80's when poppy hair bands were labelled "Heavy Metal" - The sone "Wanted Dead or Alive" I still like - the rest of their music, it's in the same box as Alison Moyet, the Proclaimers and Lionel Ritchie

Comment

I liked them in the 80's when poppy hair bands were labelled "Heavy Metal" - The sone "Wanted Dead or Alive" I still like - the rest of their music, it's in the same box as Alison Moyet, the Proclaimers and Lionel Ritchie

Comment

My Mum listen's to them sometimes, drives me nuts. I don't dig the poppy 80s 'metal' anyway, least of all Jon Bovi. I heard he's a good performer in concert though, 3 hour sets and the like.

I'd rather listen to Guns N' Roses, personally. Dear old Mum asked me if Sweet Child O' Mine was a Bon Jovi song... for shame.

Comment

Not a fan of Jovi but I havent heard much of his work so Idk. but i heard his good i should check him out sometime.

Comment

Not a fan of Jovi but I havent heard much of his work so Idk. but i heard his good i should check him out sometime.

Comment

Nope.
                          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Nope.
                            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

yes

Comment

Working...
                              X