Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ok biggest WTF news in 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok biggest WTF news in 2008!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=96587

Honesty, biggest waste of tax payers money!!!!
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Re: Ok biggest WTF news in 2008!!!

What the crap? That thing is like 30 years old or something! The Feds really should use their time to do something more useful!
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

What the crap? That thing is like 30 years old or something! The Feds really should use their time to do something more useful!
      The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz Honesty, biggest waste of tax payers money!!!!
        Eh, pretty much, considering that you can only find these albums as imports, I think.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz Honesty, biggest waste of tax payers money!!!!
          Eh, pretty much, considering that you can only find these albums as imports, I think.
          "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

OMG!!! Quite true, this is an import. I had both virgins, er, I mean, versions at one time. Gave the domestic away. Scorpions didn't do this one the same way that they did Lovedrive.
            Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
            I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
            There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

OMG!!! Quite true, this is an import. I had both virgins, er, I mean, versions at one time. Gave the domestic away. Scorpions didn't do this one the same way that they did Lovedrive.
              Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
              I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
              There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=96587

well they do have a lot to waste...people need to realize they don't have to pay income tax on their labor.
                "I want to tell you, yeah
                How Good It Feels
                Sleeping here with you tonight
                And thatís for real"
                -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=96587

well they do have a lot to waste...people need to realize they don't have to pay income tax on their labor.
                  "I want to tell you, yeah
                  How Good It Feels
                  Sleeping here with you tonight
                  And thatís for real"
                  -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I'm not surprised. We are living on a new wave of pseudo-moralism (and not only in the US) that I personally cannot stand.

Sex (in all it's forms) is considered as a taboo subject, more and more everyday. Religion is being considered the "only correct way" and atheists, for example are often looked down in society. Just imagine a candidate to president of the US who should publicly claim that he (or she) doesn't believe in God. That should automatically kill his or her chances.

So, no. I'm not surprised at all. And in the mean time there are real needs which could be satisfied with that money, or real dangers that could be addresses instead of focusing on censuring art.

Comment

I'm not surprised. We are living on a new wave of pseudo-moralism (and not only in the US) that I personally cannot stand.

Sex (in all it's forms) is considered as a taboo subject, more and more everyday. Religion is being considered the "only correct way" and atheists, for example are often looked down in society. Just imagine a candidate to president of the US who should publicly claim that he (or she) doesn't believe in God. That should automatically kill his or her chances.

So, no. I'm not surprised at all. And in the mean time there are real needs which could be satisfied with that money, or real dangers that could be addresses instead of focusing on censuring art.

Comment

Originally Posted By: El Lobo I'm not surprised. We are living on a new wave of pseudo-moralism (and not only in the US) that I personally cannot stand.

Agreed!

The sad part about all of this is it's easy to read right through all of this superficial bull****. The people who can fix the problems do not want to fix them, then they would not get anymore money.

It's the same reason the judicial system stays in affect, they want people to break the law, as it gives them a job.

Imagine if there were none of these issues going on in the world, what would all those millions of people who work for the 'corrections' agencies do for work?

No Work = No Money, and people with power and money will do anything to get it.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I think that album cover is sick and tasteless to the extreme. As one of the posters said responding to that story on the link that the OP provided, you can go to jail for having that picture on your computer.

But for the FBI to be now investigating that 30 yr old cover, after it was changed, when there are such hard pressing issues in America for the FBI to be investigating just boggles the mind!

There are such dire and grave issues as terrorism, both national and international, the ever increasing crime statistics, drugs, alcohol and firearm abuses, cults etc.

And speaking of the 911 attacks. What a fucking disgrace too! And I don't just mean the terrorists. The FBI had information that it was going down, so did the CIA. And yet bungling by both agencies meant that it was not foiled. And now I see why all ths pre-strike information was mishandled. When you have the feds investigating an album cover 3 fucking decades ago! No wonder they stuffed up all that information that an attack was imminent.

All those people needlessly killed in an attack that should have been prevented. They had all the pieces, they just didn't put it together. Too busy with puritanical shit like this. They were most probably working on an indepth report of the 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' album cover at the time to take notice of things like a sudden increase of foreign ciitzens wanting to learn how to fly-but not take off or land- jumbo jets.

Morons. Note to FBI. There are heaps of fundamentalsit religious people in America that are concerned with album covers, music video content, song lyrics etc. You don't need to worry about that. Concentrate on more important fucking stuff! Like planes flying into buildings.

Comment

Why can't people understand that music is just... music!
                            Can't you see what I see
                            You and I victims of Their word
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world
                            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally Posted By: airdance Don't get me wrong. I think that album cover is sick and tasteless to the extreme. As one of the posters said responding to that story on the link that the OP provided, you can go to jail for having that picture on your computer.

But for the FBI to be now investigating that 30 yr old cover, after it was changed, when there are such hard pressing issues in America for the FBI to be investigating just boggles the mind!

There are such dire and grave issues as terrorism, both national and international, the ever increasing crime statistics, drugs, alcohol and firearm abuses, cults etc.

And speaking of the 911 attacks. What a fucking disgrace too! And I don't just mean the terrorists. The FBI had information that it was going down, so did the CIA. And yet bungling by both agencies meant that it was not foiled. And now I see why all ths pre-strike information was mishandled. When you have the feds investigating an album cover 3 fucking decades ago! No wonder they stuffed up all that information that an attack was imminent.

All those people needlessly killed in an attack that should have been prevented. They had all the pieces, they just didn't put it together. Too busy with puritanical shit like this. They were most probably working on an indepth report of the 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' album cover at the time to take notice of things like a sudden increase of foreign ciitzens wanting to learn how to fly-but not take off or land- jumbo jets.

Morons. Note to FBI. There are heaps of fundamentalsit religious people in America that are concerned with album covers, music video content, song lyrics etc. You don't need to worry about that. Concentrate on more important fucking stuff! Like planes flying into buildings.
                              Why not just tell us how you really feel?

Try as one might though, it will NEVER change, as it's all JUST A GAME

Comment

Working...
                              X