X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IronMorgoth
    replied
    Re: Bruce Dickinson solo

Bruce Dickinson solo albums are AWESOME!!!

Leave a comment:

• SlvrSrpnt
    replied

I often wished that the Iron Maiden catalogue went from Powerslave to Accident of Birth to Chemical Wedding to Tyranny of Souls. Then again, I think Killers was their apex.

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

haha, Dive, Dive Dive is actually a cool song. Officially it's about a submarine, but it may have a second lecture, of a sexual nature.

Tattoed millionaire has this edgy voice of him from the No prayer era that doesn't appeal to everyone. There are some strong songs there:

Son Of A Gun
    Born In '58
    Tattooed Millionaire

I really like this album. It's a "feel good" one for me. No deep stuff about Chemical Wedings or flying , just plain fun...

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

haha, Dive, Dive Dive is actually a cool song. Officially it's about a submarine, but it may have a second lecture, of a sexual nature.

Tattoed millionaire has this edgy voice of him from the No prayer era that doesn't appeal to everyone. There are some strong songs there:

Son Of A Gun
    Born In '58
    Tattooed Millionaire

I really like this album. It's a "feel good" one for me. No deep stuff about Chemical Wedings or flying , just plain fun...

Leave a comment:

• Ellbery
    replied

I bought the 3 disc DVD and literally just scanned through it, nothing did it for me in the least. I really thought I would like it, although I didn't really like Tattoed Millionaire (Apart from Dive, Dive, Dive cos it was a little rude ;o)

Leave a comment:

• Ellbery
    replied

I bought the 3 disc DVD and literally just scanned through it, nothing did it for me in the least. I really thought I would like it, although I didn't really like Tattoed Millionaire (Apart from Dive, Dive, Dive cos it was a little rude ;o)

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

One of my favorite songs on ToS is the underrated "Devil on a Hog". Every single time I hear it I catch myself singing aloud. It's a lot of fun... more on the tatooed milliomaire side...but anyway.

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

One of my favorite songs on ToS is the underrated "Devil on a Hog". Every single time I hear it I catch myself singing aloud. It's a lot of fun... more on the tatooed milliomaire side...but anyway.

Leave a comment:

• matt88
    replied

Bruce's solo work is awesome. I like all the albums from Tyranny Of Souls Back to Skunk Works. To me his first albums seem a little bland. Looking forward to a new album.

Leave a comment:

• matt88
    replied

Bruce's solo work is awesome. I like all the albums from Tyranny Of Souls Back to Skunk Works. To me his first albums seem a little bland. Looking forward to a new album.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmiceddie
    replied

I just think that 'Kill Devil Hill' has one of the best choruses I've ever heard, it's awesome, it's out of this world and 'Back from the Edge' is utmost close behind it.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmiceddie
    replied

I just think that 'Kill Devil Hill' has one of the best choruses I've ever heard, it's awesome, it's out of this world and 'Back from the Edge' is utmost close behind it.

Leave a comment:

• Franklin
    replied

Yeah, I like River of No Return a lot too. Sorry, forgot to mention it in my earlier post.

Leave a comment:

• Franklin
    replied

Yeah, I like River of No Return a lot too. Sorry, forgot to mention it in my earlier post.

Leave a comment:

• JEFFMETAL
    replied

Navigate The Seas Of The Sun is a classic indeed. But the best one for me is River Of No Return. Perfect. Not counting the lyrics which are clever and meaningful as always. In fact, Bruce should write 95% of the lyrics on Maiden's next album.

Also, Skunkworks for me is the second most important album in Bruce's career 'cause it was a turning point on his person and on his voice. He covers a lot of different vocal ranges and performances on this album and maturity came to him exactly on this album. Tattooed Millionaire is great and Balls To Picasso has great moments, but the production makes it sound dull, opaque. My least favorite.

But with albums like Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls even a classic groundbreaking album like Skunkworks go down in the ranks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X