Nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostradamus

I just bought the new Judas Priest CD Nostradamus (the book version)
    I got a free general admission ticket to the San Bernadino gig!! Not bad a $20 ticket and a 2CD ltd ed pack for $24.99 (Best Buy)
    What do you think of the CD??
    In general I like it, I'm disapointed that we have to wait more years for a proper Priest album, but in general it's good.
    Some of the lower register vocals are a bit shakey imo, but Rob really shines in other places. All the guitar work is outstanding (when there is guitar work). Some of the lyrics feel a little squeezed in too. I wonder what they will be able to play live - this is the only problem of doing a concept album, how will the likes of Nostradamus & Prophecy stand along Sentinell and Painkiller???
    I give it a thumbs up especially for the free ticket!!

Re: Nostradamus

i just got the album when it came out. and i think its kind of a bor like few songs are good rest are kind of Okay.

Comment

i just got the album when it came out. and i think its kind of a bor like few songs are good rest are kind of Okay.

Comment

Listening to it for the second time at this very moment, so I can't say much so far, but:

I think, Nostradamus is one of those albums that ... either you get it or you don't. At this moment, I honestly don't get it.

Judas Priest should be about energy and never get boring, and this album, IMO lacks energy and makes me sleepy.

Comparing this to Seventh son, which is the nearest Maiden has gotten to write a concept album, the difference is huge. 7th son has energy, power, is colourful, the lyrics are good.

Nostradamus is often mid-paced, moody, the lyrics are sometimes weak... Rob's singing lacks edge(!!!)...

I don't know... will keep listening to it. I really want to like this thing.

Comment

Listening to it for the second time at this very moment, so I can't say much so far, but:

I think, Nostradamus is one of those albums that ... either you get it or you don't. At this moment, I honestly don't get it.

Judas Priest should be about energy and never get boring, and this album, IMO lacks energy and makes me sleepy.

Comparing this to Seventh son, which is the nearest Maiden has gotten to write a concept album, the difference is huge. 7th son has energy, power, is colourful, the lyrics are good.

Nostradamus is often mid-paced, moody, the lyrics are sometimes weak... Rob's singing lacks edge(!!!)...

I don't know... will keep listening to it. I really want to like this thing.

Comment

I thought you guys where talking about the Glenn Hughes/JLT opera project =/

LObo, read your message box!
            Can't you see what I see
            You and I victims of Their word
            As the master of power
            Try to poison our world
            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I thought you guys where talking about the Glenn Hughes/JLT opera project =/

LObo, read your message box!
              Can't you see what I see
              You and I victims of Their word
              As the master of power
              Try to poison our world
              ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Hello Ray

I'll answer later privately. Great work BTW!

Comment

Hello Ray

I'll answer later privately. Great work BTW!

Comment

I just got it and I really love it- never have been a fan of priest but this CD is awesome!!! Great concept album!
                    __________________________________________________ _
                    "Before today it was a dark tomorrow" Breaking into Heaven

Comment

I just got it and I really love it- never have been a fan of priest but this CD is awesome!!! Great concept album!
                      __________________________________________________ _
                      "Before today it was a dark tomorrow" Breaking into Heaven

Comment

Its alright.
                        Comming from a huge priest fan....I cant listen to this album all the time... its just not a priest album,it sounds like alot of bad left overs from AOR BUT some songs are pretty good.
                        R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Its alright.
                          Comming from a huge priest fan....I cant listen to this album all the time... its just not a priest album,it sounds like alot of bad left overs from AOR BUT some songs are pretty good.
                          R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

I dont really understand why everybody doesnt like it. I LOVE IT SO FAR! I'm midway through the 2nd disc, but man is this some awesome stuff! Lots of variety, catchy songs, good riffs, and incredible guitar solos. I also love that it's a dark album, with none of the happy upbeat songs that Priest would often play in the 80's. A more complete review of this album will come out once I finish it. I must say though that I was expecting it to be bad after all the bad reviews from people, but it has turned out to be quite the opposite. "Exiled" is freakin great!

Comment

I dont really understand why everybody doesnt like it. I LOVE IT SO FAR! I'm midway through the 2nd disc, but man is this some awesome stuff! Lots of variety, catchy songs, good riffs, and incredible guitar solos. I also love that it's a dark album, with none of the happy upbeat songs that Priest would often play in the 80's. A more complete review of this album will come out once I finish it. I must say though that I was expecting it to be bad after all the bad reviews from people, but it has turned out to be quite the opposite. "Exiled" is freakin great!

Comment

Working...
                              X