Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kentuckyfan
    replied
    This is a GREAT album. Most people have a problem with the mix of metal and symphony music and operaettic vocals. But we all need to remember this is a concept album that explores different music themes. Yes this isn't Painkiller, Turbo, Sin After Sin, ect... but this is what makes the cd special.

Leave a comment:

• Clarivoyant
    replied
    worst metal album of 2008 for me. just horrendous. long....boring...uninspired. It just didn't work for me in the slightest. The title track is awesome, i'll give you that...but the rest sounds like they got way in over their heads. Why can't they just record the proper folloup to Panikiller we've all been waiting for since 1991? :(

Leave a comment:

• Metal Priest
    replied
    I bloody love this album, I loved it from the very first second.

Several of my friends hated it...

It really is one of those albums that you either like or hate.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied
    Re: Judas Priest's new - Nostradamus

Enough.

This has nothing to do with the Judas Priest album Nostradamus.

Dammit - stick to the topic!

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

Quote:
    Yeah, aussie women are generally very flash and fetching folks, that's for sure. And our sports girls are superb in lots of different ways. I used to date a wonderful hotshot hockey star a few years ago. love grin. But yeah, although I haven't been catching much of the Olympic action this time, I reckon you couldn't have failed to notice one of our record-breaking gold winning aussie girls, Samantha Rice. She looks a sure stunner. And there are others, of course. Brazil is always the team to watch when it comes to women's beach volleyball, and you and I oughta know one of the major reasons why that is so. laugh BUT, I'm sad that our legendary swimming rivalry (especially the men's) with the U.S has not yet lived up to expectations with the Americans dominating the pools, so far, with the peerless Michael Phelps seemingly destined for swimming immortality this year.

Now, I was never fond of beer, aussie or foreign, but when it comes to aussie beer maybe you could also try out Foster's and Castlemaine XXXX and I bet there are a handful more good ones that I can't seem to remember the names of, right now
    I agree with what you said about women. And the beer is Fooster, not coopers!

Leave a comment:

• DiosSword
    replied

Originally Posted By: RLP4ever Ray, you could actually say a lot more than just two good things about awesome Australia, if you wanted to, you know. ..We've got bragging rights to tons more stuff than just our beer and women athletes.
    I could and have said many things about the Land under the Southern Cross, even though I haven't been there (YET). I've told you about the welcome the people of Australia (Queensland) gave to my dad in his last days. He <span style="text-decoration: underline">loved</span> Australia. I have a little desktop Aussie flag sitting next to his picture.

The Australians I've met are some of the most down-to-earth, no-bullshit people one could ever hope to meet.

Also, as a former airman, I have always held a high regard for the RAAF. They are certainly good to go.

Originally Posted By: RLP4ever Yeah, aussie women are generally very flash and fetching folks, that's for sure.
    No shit! I don't know what it is about your country, maybe the sunshine, but you sure do grow them good down there. I had a penpal from Melbourne who was luscious. I so much wished I could have hopped a Qantas and gone there...

Originally Posted By: RLP4ever ...when it comes to aussie beer maybe you could also try out <span style="font-weight: bold">Foster's</span>and <span style="font-weight: bold">Castlemaine XXXX </span> and I bet there are a handful more good ones that I can't seem to remember the names of, right now.
    Before I quit drinking, I was quite fond of beer (maybe my German blood?). When I could afford it, I certainly enjoyed Australian beer. I remember liking Broken Hill Lager and, of course, Foster's, though the Foster's that is now sold here is not made in Australia. It is made in Canada by Molson Ltd in Toronto.

Regarding <span style="font-style: italic">Nostradamus</span>...I bought it, but I've only listened to it all the way through a couple of times. It's just too much, in a way. I think Priest overreached on this one. They are better when they do short, sharp heavy metal, like on <span style="font-style: italic">Stained Class</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">British Steel</span>.

Leave a comment:

• RLP4ever
    replied

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules RLP (first of all, I must say two things about Australia: 1) You lads have very atractive women competing on the olimpics LOL 2) I just had australian beer - Coopers, I guess - and it taste VERY good!), I was surprised to "not find" a thread for it here lol... Just forgot to search for it. Actually, four years here and I remember to use the search engine four or five times.
    Ray, you could actually say a lot more than just two good things about awesome Australia, if you wanted to, you know. ..We've got bragging rights to tons more stuff than just our beer and women athletes.

Yeah, aussie women are generally very flash and fetching folks, that's for sure. And our sports girls are superb in lots of different ways. I used to date a wonderful hotshot hockey star a few years ago. . But yeah, although I haven't been catching much of the Olympic action this time, I reckon you couldn't have failed to notice one of our record-breaking gold winning aussie girls, Samantha Rice. She looks a sure stunner. And there are others, of course. Brazil is always the team to watch when it comes to women's beach volleyball, and you and I oughta know one of the major reasons why that is so. BUT, I'm sad that our legendary swimming rivalry (especially the men's) with the U.S has not yet lived up to expectations with the Americans dominating the pools, so far, with the peerless Michael Phelps seemingly destined for swimming immortality this year.

Now, I was never fond of beer, aussie or foreign, but when it comes to aussie beer maybe you could also try out <span style="font-weight: bold">Foster's </span>and <span style="font-weight: bold">Castlemaine XXXX </span> and I bet there are a handful more good ones that I can't seem to remember the names of, right now.

And hey, I reckon that recent Nostradamus thread was probably on Page 1 itself on the Other Bands thread listings. So, you really needn't even have done a search engine job for that. And you'd notice how all the posts in your new thread and my reply here have been appropriately moved to and now appear in that thread started by Elbery, back in June. Damn, carefree, careless me hasn't even done a single search so far, in my 2+ years here.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Siegler
    replied

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules So, guys. I'm listening to it right now, just bought for 20 dolars. What was your opinion on it? I'm enjoying... Even I'm not fully throught it yet. For what I've listened until now, it's a mix of all their phases, it have epics, nailing faster songs, dark mood on some ones and.... well... Godness on others.

For me it's not on Painkiller or British Steel league, but it's far better than Angel Of Revolution.
    By far and away the worst album to bear the Judas Priest name, and that counts the first couple of albums, too.

Barf. Here's what I wrote about on my personal CD blog.

http://joe.siegler.net/mycds/j/judas...stradamus.html

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

RLP (first of all, I must say two things about Australia: 1) You lads have very atractive women competing on the olimpics LOL 2) I just had australian beer - Coopers, I guess - and it taste VERY good!), I was surprised to "not find" a thread for it here lol... Just forgot to search for it. Actually, four years here and I remember to use the search engine four or five times.

Leave a comment:

• RLP4ever
    replied

Viking, I was gonna point out the same thing earlier on when I first noticed this thread.

Ray, I'm surprised you failed to realize (or remember) that there's already been a 5-6 page thread topic on Nostradamus recently.

But since I'm here anyway, I'd just say <span style="font-style: italic">Nostradamus</span> is one dense double-disc dud and a complete crap of a 'concept' album (though I obviously didn't suffer through the entire album)...And I'd probably have said pretty much the same thing even if I were (and I never really was) a Judas Priest fan. If you had said you didn't like it either, I'd wanna refund you the 20 precious dollars you so recklessly wasted on this annoyingly boring disc.

Leave a comment:

• VikingChrist
    replied

http://www.black-sabbath.com/forums/...mus#Post166224

Leave a comment:

• kentuckyfan
    replied

This is a great album. The concept of a 2 cd set all about one theam this took a massive effort to bring it together. Now in my view i feel the past two Priest albums are among the very best if not the best they have done. Just me but they are better that British Steel or any of the other classic albume they have but out ovet the years. I also feel the same about the last three Iron Maiden albums. To me they are the best three they have done, so this make me feel really good about the new Heaven and Hell album. Remember at therer age we ahve new music from Priest Maiden Ozzy and Uriah Heep in the past few years. The rest of this year we have new Sabbath Metalica and don't forget Motorhead Alice Cooper Testament Nazereth and probally a few I am forgetting. So I say go for it old guys show the younger bands how it should be done.

Leave a comment:

• BloodshtBass
    replied

It's good to see that you like it so far since it has been met with less than flattering reviews. The reason for this is, like you said, because it is not like Painkiller or British Steel. If you ask me, I think people felt misled when they heard the title track. Since the title track is the most Priest-ish song (for lack of better term) people expected the record to be more like Painkiller which is why it was met with negative remarks.

As for me, I agree that it is better than Angel of Retribution. I believe the album has such a massive scale in terms of material. I still think there are heavy tracks on the album (for some reason people seem to think that heavy and fast are the same thing).
    Songs like "Death", "Prophecy", and "Persecution", stand out as being heavy in my eyes . Overall I believe it is the epic sound and uniqueness that makes this album great. I think it's just hard to get into for the typical fan.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied
    Judas Priest's new - Nostradamus

So, guys. I'm listening to it right now, just bought for 20 dolars. What was your opinion on it? I'm enjoying... Even I'm not fully throught it yet. For what I've listened until now, it's a mix of all their phases, it have epics, nailing faster songs, dark mood on some ones and.... well... Godness on others.

For me it's not on Painkiller or British Steel league, but it's far better than Angel Of Revolution.

Leave a comment:

• Jan Alex
    replied
    Re: Nostradamus

Originally Posted By: devstorm Weak album. Keyboards are way too high in the mix. The guitars sound terrible.

I haven't heard anything from them that matched the songwriting or album production of Screaming, or Defenders. The band Halford definitely reached that level for me.
    Agree with this!
    I expected more form Judas.
    A few good tracks but that's all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X