Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pentagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    I donít care much about off stage personas or their vices when not performing live or on the albums. I let the music do the talking and I donít pay heed to anyoneís bad behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    The article wonít open on my computer, what happened?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Yeah agreed. Itís fantastic

Last Call is my favorite song at the moment, the whole album is good, they had a good thing going.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Last Call is my favorite song at the moment, the whole album is good, they had a good thing going.
    It is, and they did. Bear in mind that Bedemon weren't really a 'band' as such, they just got together now and then to record Randy Palmer's songs (the liner notes explain this better than I can). There have been murmurs that they may work on new material. Geof and Mike knew Randy better than anyone, so I'm certain that it'll be quality material, if it arises.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    It is, and they did. Bear in mind that Bedemon weren't really a 'band' as such, they just got together now and then to record Randy Palmer's songs (the liner notes explain this better than I can). There have been murmurs that they may work on new material. Geof and Mike knew Randy better than anyone, so I'm certain that it'll be quality material, if it arises.
    Yes I know, I have read some of the liner notes, not all.

Randy Palmer had some good songs, I like the way Bobby sang them, I think that’s what gave them their unique sound.

Finally got me a copy of Shw 'Em How from Black Widow Records themselves.

Good album, as always.

Now my Pentagram albums are complete. Anyone here recomend one of their live albums?

Let me know if you like them.
    Hi OzzyisDio, I have started listening to Pentagram and Like those 3 albums you mentioned.. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Hi OzzyisDio, I have started listening to Pentagram and Like those 3 albums you mentioned.. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Anytime buddy, glad you like them.

Did you find a good Pentagram live album you can recommend OID?

Did you find a good Pentagram live album you can recommend OID?

I’m thinking A Keg Full Of Dynamite, still looking and searching reviews, Maestro.

Sellingmysoul you should also checkout Bedemon-Child Of Darkness, I think you’ll love it.

Sellingmysoul you should also checkout Bedemon-Child Of Darkness, I think you’ll love it.
    Will do Buddy!!

Will do Buddy!!
    Bedemon is an offshoot of Pentagram beginning circa 1973, very doomy and 70’s sounding.

Are there any books in Pentagram, does anyone know?

Will do Buddy!!
    Sellingmysoul have you checked out Bedemon yet?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

maestro (03-28-2019)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

maestro (03-28-2019)

Awesome. Victor is gone though I think...

Awesome. Victor is gone though I think...

I think he is gone, possibly because of Bobby’s actions, I’m just guessing.

I think he is gone, possibly because of Bobbyís actions, Iím just guessing.
    I think so too. Victor has a great sound

I think so too. Victor has a great sound

Yes he does have a great sound, canít say I blame him, what Bobby did was pretty bad, but you have to consider all the drugs this guyís done and it has to have had an affect on his brain.

Iím not excusing what he did, it was terrible, we are all human and Iím sure Bobby has regretted what he did once he had time to think about it in prison.

Iím sure youíre right and Victor probably left for that reason. Itís certainly a heinous thing Bobby did. But I usually let the music do the talking and donít pay any heed to their private lives..

I’m sure you’re right and Victor probably left for that reason. It’s certainly a heinous thing Bobby did. But I usually let the music do the talking and don’t pay any heed to their private lives..

I agree with you Maestro, and do the same thing.

I feel like Victor will be back before all is said and done. He and Bobby have a long and storied relationship. With that said, Matt Goldsborough has some killer chops.

I will not comment on Bobby's actions. I have heard some things (now and at the time of the incident), but I'll leave it there.

I feel like Victor will be back before all is said and done. He and Bobby have a long and storied relationship. With that said, Matt Goldsborough has some killer chops.

I will not comment on Bobby's actions. I have heard some things (now and at the time of the incident), but I'll leave it there.
    I remember some things as well at the time of the incident, I remember saying at the time some thing like that what Bobby did was bad and I was done with Pentagram, but at the end of the day Bobby is human as I mentioned above and though it was no excuse what he done, no one knows what transpired and what Bobby was going through at the time in his personal life, here is some stuff I said:
    This is a damn shame Bobby would do something like this, really low.

I just bought a couple more of his albums.
    I might do the same Deuce , I wonít be buying anymore thatís for sure.

F#%king dirt bag.
    These quotes were in response to other members posts, I remember at the time thinking Bobby was really Fv%#ed up, and how could he have done such a thing when his mother was there for him? At the end of each day we are human, Bobby paid for what he did and served his time and I'm sure he had plenty of time to think about what he did while he was in prison, and regrets what he did.

I'm glad Bobby is back on the road with Pentagram and am hoping for a new album to be released.

If I were to react like my quotes above and throw out my albums I have because the artists on them have done bad things, I would probably have nothing left.

At the end of each day we are human, Bobby paid for what he did and served his time and I'm sure he had plenty of time to think about what he did while he was in prison, and regrets what he did.

I'm glad Bobby is back on the road with Pentagram and am hoping for a new album to be released.

If I were to react like my quotes above and throw out my albums I have because the artists on them have done bad things, I would probably have nothing left.
    Thank you for voicing it all for me, OzzyIsDio!

It was horrible to read about the incident that took place. I was angry at Bobby, worried about his family, sad to see everything basically fall apart. Bobby went to jail and the story of Pentagram seemed to be over. As a fan having collected almost all of their albums and seen 2 great club shows, knowing the hard stance many people would take against Bobby, I was very disappointed and fearful of not seeing Bobby and Pentagram ever again.

Christ offers us complete mercy and wants us to show that same mercy to each other. It's not 7 times that we should forgive, it's 70 times 7. The scale of enduring and forgiving is far and wide to say the least, but we have to endure each other - in our own ways, we are no better, even if our transgressions were not in the same ball park as this incident here. It's easy for Christ to forgive us because He wants it million times more than we can even ask, it's a lot tougher for us to forgive each other. We are so eager to judge and press people down once and for all.

"He beat his own mother, to hell with him for good!" is a lot easier and quicker way to deal with this than "He beat his own mother, hopefully he can change his ways from now on and reconcile with his mother once he gets out of jail"...

Bobby did his jail time already and of course he has a lot to atone with his family and even with his band that he let down as well. Bearing in mind that this incident, as horrible as it was, is just another pitfall along his long and rocky road. As a drug addict, he surely has put a lot burden on his parents and bandmates for years on end, before the last 2 great albums that he made with Pentagram, before and during the making of the documentary. And when everyone was cool with each other and everything seemed to be better, Bobby fell big time and got himself in jail. The choice remains: can we as fans forgive him his deeds against his family and bandmates and can we anticipate more shows and album material from him? Or will we just burn him and his records because of what he did? Will we be satisfied of having Bobby back on board or having him jump from the board?

I'm always happy to see people taking the right turns and making the right choices, no matter what they did before. Seeing Bobby back on touring and even hearing about a possible new album being made (I'd prefer Victor to be there as well!), it's a lot better situation than having Bobby just disappear for good.

Still hunting for the album "Show 'Em How" on CD for a reasonable price...
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabbathman For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (05-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathman View Post
    Thank you for voicing it all for me, OzzyIsDio!

It was horrible to read about the incident that took place. I was angry at Bobby, worried about his family, sad to see everything basically fall apart. Bobby went to jail and the story of Pentagram seemed to be over. As a fan having collected almost all of their albums and seen 2 great club shows, knowing the hard stance many people would take against Bobby, I was very disappointed and fearful of not seeing Bobby and Pentagram ever again.

Christ offers us complete mercy and wants us to show that same mercy to each other. It's not 7 times that we should forgive, it's 70 times 7. The scale of enduring and forgiving is far and wide to say the least, but we have to endure each other - in our own ways, we are no better, even if our transgressions were not in the same ball park as this incident here. It's easy for Christ to forgive us because He wants it million times more than we can even ask, it's a lot tougher for us to forgive each other. We are so eager to judge and press people down once and for all.

"He beat his own mother, to hell with him for good!" is a lot easier and quicker way to deal with this than "He beat his own mother, hopefully he can change his ways from now on and reconcile with his mother once he gets out of jail"...

Bobby did his jail time already and of course he has a lot to atone with his family and even with his band that he let down as well. Bearing in mind that this incident, as horrible as it was, is just another pitfall along his long and rocky road. As a drug addict, he surely has put a lot burden on his parents and bandmates for years on end, before the last 2 great albums that he made with Pentagram, before and during the making of the documentary. And when everyone was cool with each other and everything seemed to be better, Bobby fell big time and got himself in jail. The choice remains: can we as fans forgive him his deeds against his family and bandmates and can we anticipate more shows and album material from him? Or will we just burn him and his records because of what he did? Will we be satisfied of having Bobby back on board or having him jump from the board?

I'm always happy to see people taking the right turns and making the right choices, no matter what they did before. Seeing Bobby back on touring and even hearing about a possible new album being made (I'd prefer Victor to be there as well!), it's a lot better situation than having Bobby just disappear for good.

Still hunting for the album "Show 'Em How" on CD for a reasonable price...
    Thank tou Sabbathman, for being the gentleman you always are and an understanding and God fearing man.

Show ‘Em How is difficult to get, I got my copy on Discogs from Black Widow Records in Italy for fifty something bucks with shipping included.

I remember some things as well at the time of the incident, I remember saying at the time some thing like that what Bobby did was bad and I was done with Pentagram, but at the end of the day Bobby is human as I mentioned above and though it was no excuse what he done, no one knows what transpired and what Bobby was going through at the time in his personal life, here is some stuff I said:

These quotes were in response to other members posts, I remember at the time thinking Bobby was really Fv%#ed up, and how could he have done such a thing when his mother was there for him? At the end of each day we are human, Bobby paid for what he did and served his time and I'm sure he had plenty of time to think about what he did while he was in prison, and regrets what he did.

Bobby's indeed human, and I'll admit to having heard a little bit more of what went down than might have been publicly revealed. I won't comment on it nor judge anyone for any of their actions. We're all human, none of us are any better than the other.

OID, I commend you for recognising your own humanity upon reflecting on those quotes. And you're right, if we take every artist/band who has committed some kind of transgression, and get rid of all their music, I'd have very little leftover, myself. Likewise, Sabbathman, thank you for sharing your perspective and wisdom.

I'm still slightly disappointed Victor left the band again, but Matt Goldsborough is a fine player too.

Yeah, Show 'em How is still a little expensive. I was lucky to get it for the price I paid. I'm quite bothered that Black Widow are selling it for such a high price when they themselves released it in the first place!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetSymptom For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (05-05-2019)

Bobby's indeed human, and I'll admit to having heard a little bit more of what went down than might have been publicly revealed. I won't comment on it nor judge anyone for any of their actions. We're all human, none of us are any better than the other.

OID, I commend you for recognising your own humanity upon reflecting on those quotes. And you're right, if we take every artist/band who has committed some kind of transgression, and get rid of all their music, I'd have very little leftover, myself. Likewise, Sabbathman, thank you for sharing your perspective and wisdom.

I'm still slightly disappointed Victor left the band again, but Matt Goldsborough is a fine player too.

Yeah, Show 'em How is still a little expensive. I was lucky to get it for the price I paid. I'm quite bothered that Black Widow are selling it for such a high price when they themselves released it in the first place!
    Thank you Sweet.

I also don't understand why it's so expensive on the label that released the album, it's still available on Black Widow Records on Discogs, and I think it's gotten a little more expensive since I bought it.

Let's see what happens with Pentagram and if they release another album, hopefully they do.

Been listening to Day Of Reckoning for three days now, great album, along with Relentless my two favorite albums.

Thank you Sweet.

I also don't understand why it's so expensive on the label that released the album, it's still available on Black Widow Records on Discogs, and I think it's gotten a little more expensive since I bought it.

Let's see what happens with Pentagram and if they release another album, hopefully they do.
    You're welcome, OID. Sorry this is so belated.

Perhaps it's so expensive because Black Widow know that they have the possible last few new copies around and that they mightn't have the license to do a repress. Show 'em How (plus Sub-Basement and Review Your Choices) got a vinyl reissue on Svart, but the CD hasn't been reissued yet, whereas the two Hasselvander-era albums have. Perhaps that's a rights issue among the different lineups.

Hopefully they will release another album, but more than that I hope Bobby keeps his head above water.

You're welcome, OID. Sorry this is so belated.

Perhaps it's so expensive because Black Widow know that they have the possible last few new copies around and that they mightn't have the license to do a repress. Show 'em How (plus Sub-Basement and Review Your Choices) got a vinyl reissue on Svart, but the CD hasn't been reissued yet, whereas the two Hasselvander-era albums have. Perhaps that's a rights issue among the different lineups.

Hopefully they will release another album, but more than that I hope Bobby keeps his head above water.
    That makes sense Sweet, I hope we get another also, been listening to Pentagram all week, first 3 albums are the best.

I hope Bobby keeps his head straight too.

I had Be Forewarned in the cd player for over a week straight! Such a great album. The album always delivers the goods just like Black Sabbath!