Default Coming Back to Black Sabbath

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. My name is Michael James and I run the tab site at http://www.rdrop.com/~mjames/sabbath

Not plugging the URL, just posting here because I've been off of the Sabbath sites for about 5 years.

I started my site in 1996 as a hobby and by 1998 I had almost all of the songs transcribed. After 1998 I went off to school and I'm now almost done with my masters degree, but I left the tab site up as a resource. It's good to see people are still using it, though I realize that there are better methods for tab files now than ASCII.

My site was my pet project back when there existed single sites for each bands tablature, and they were always better quality than the archives. I know that there are a few mistakes here and there, especially the bass tabs, but I did not write those. And mistakes in the guitar tabs at this point aren't really worth correcting. The files exist because I refuse to let the site disappear and let the archives win.

Anyways, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I was a regular back on the old mailing list for a few years, and wrote a review for this site for a Sabbath concert in Seattle in 1999. I was friends with another person named Mike Alexander who ran the Headless Cross tab site but I haven't spoken to him in years. I also enjoyed trading boots for a few years.

I visited Black-Sabbath.com again tonight for the first time in over a year because I just bought Black Box to replace the Sabbath CDs stolen from my truck last year. The new CDs sound superb on my stereo... I'm back and hooked again on Sabbath... but then Sabbath really never leaves you.

Cheers,

Michael James
    http://www.rdrop.com/~mjames/sabbath/
    http://weather.ou.edu/~mjames

Default Re: Coming Back to Black Sabbath

Hi Michael, I'm a big fan of your site. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The only thing missing from Joe's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Well I remember telling him he could have it if he wanted... it's probably better because I don't maintain it and if it moved here someone else could take responsibility and keep working on the transcriptions.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Are you the guy who was running a Sabbath tabs site who had to go overseas as part of his military duties?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

That was Mike Alexander, who also lived in Portland at the same time that I did. I heard that he is back from Afghanistan and is back online again. I went away to college in 1999.

Welcome back to Sabbath. Your site was one of the first Sabbath tab sites that I saw, and by far the best.

Really like the design on the page! Simple, but really nice.

what happened to this site???? I tried to go there today and its down!!!!!!!!!!
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

"Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss