Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio. Let's talk about it.
    "I don't sound like nobody"

Default Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

I was going to post the same question, I can't find any source on Tony and Dio. But what I think he is pissed about him for singing the Dehumanizer album and not him, I don't know.
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

I wonder if Tony hadn't been fired for the Dio era reunion if he would want to come back now.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

I've never heard any bad words of Tony toward Dio. The only thing I read was him refering to Dehumanizer as "the Ronnie thing", but other than that in any bootleg I have, he keeps saying: "Now a great song from a very good album: Heaven and hell", or "Another excelent song: Mob rules".

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if Tony hadn't been fired for the Dio era reunion if he would want to come back now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur absolutely right I agree...

He's bald now, i doubt Big Tony would want Little Tony even in a wig!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he's bald!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the whole departue thing was/is quite a serious situation for TM. It's not funny.

What is Dio's attitude towards Tony Martin?

>>He's bald now,

That sure never stopped Rob Halford for singing with Black Sabbath. Twice.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

[ QUOTE ]
    Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio. Let's talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What attitude are you talking about?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Banned

i like toni as far as what he has done.I like dio also.don,t really care to talk bad about either.

E.G. as a singer, as a memeber of a band who was replaced, as a person with different approach, etc.

why is Tony Martin bald now anyway?
    -rar

Well, sometimes, as you age, your hair starts falling down.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and out

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A family freind of ours is expierencing that at the age of 23! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I'm sure he's done this -> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

He can always get an awesome design on his head with whatever hair he's got left, like Tony. Man, that really looks badass. If I ever get bald, I'll do myself one of those. And if I don't, maybe I will anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In this day in age, if somebody really doesnt want to go bald, they dont have to in about 90% or better of cases.

Bosley can repair baldness in most people using your own hair and it is indectable. It is only a few thousand bucks too and a little pain - I think itd be worth it

Thats why I wonder why people of fame or millionaires just let their heads go to pot, unless they like baldness, in which I doubt most of them DONT.

[ QUOTE ]
    He can always get an awesome design on his head with whatever hair he's got left, like Tony. Man, that really looks badass. If I ever get bald, I'll do myself one of those. And if I don't, maybe I will anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen bro... BUT I can bet that Tony would really prefer his hair back... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

[ QUOTE ]
    In this day in age, if somebody really doesnt want to go bald, they dont have to in about 90% or better of cases.

Bosley can repair baldness in most people using your own hair and it is indectable. It is only a few thousand bucks too and a little pain - I think itd be worth it

Thats why I wonder why people of fame or millionaires just let their heads go to pot, unless they like baldness, in which I doubt most of them DONT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lot of that hair restoration is bull. And with Bosley I'm pretty sure you have to keep comming back throughout your life
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

nobody has said why he's bald. his hair just fell out? how old is Tony Martin?
    -rar

tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio. such a blasphemy.

[ QUOTE ]
    tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he sings it better than Dio, for my taste. Seriously, I love Martins live version of that song, especially the one from the Vienna boot. He gives the song a lot more of melody than the original.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he sings it better than Dio, for my taste. Seriously, I love Martins live version of that song, especially the one from the Vienna boot. He gives the song a lot more of melody than the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen bro! Yes, fucking indeed! I donīt know, for me Dio is a kindof boring, you know... the same melody ever and ever, but Tony give it an emotion, just like if he's living the song!
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

But even if Martin sings it better than Dio, still it's Dio's song, don't you agree?

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Of course. And he doesn't sing it "better". Just different and more likeable to my ears...

[ QUOTE ]
    nobody has said why he's bald. his hair just fell out? how old is Tony Martin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he turned 50 last year if I'm not mistaken. And he shaved his head because he was definitely losing his hair. Check some pictures from the Forbidden tour in 1995 and you will see.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Banned

I think Tony has a respect for Dio but hes not in awe of him !

you are right, tony martin really gave melodies , feelings and emotions on cross purposes live cause everytime I watch it or listen to it I cry.

[ QUOTE ]
    tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio. such a blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow what a load of green crap. Why say something like that? I mean sure he's been singing it longer than Dio in Sabbath, but that doesn't make it his. It's not like he's written anything on it! Geez I'm mad now... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Off to the boots section! I must hear this!
    -rar

I don't like this either.
    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Where can one hear that statement?

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't like this either.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't like what? that Tony said that?
    -rar

I've listened to Tony Martin sing CotS, and I think he does it quite well. But, first of all I prefer Dio's version and second of all, it's still not his song. why not just say that Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are his albums too? Because you know he had a LOT of success thanks to those albums...not! that was Dio Sabbath. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    -rar

I diagree with Tony's words but I do understand where he is comming from. There are a lot of Ozzy's songs that he's never played live and if and band becomes famous and plays that at every one of their shows it will be more linked to them. I guess Tony felt that because he sang it with Sabbath for ten years it was recognized with him more, however I disagree with him on that point.
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

I recognize Dio when I think of that song not Tony Martin. I can understand him singing a song that he worte whil in sabbath but that is clearly Dios song unless Tony is making it a tribute to Dio which is kinda unlikely.

take a song like Diamonds and Rust or Knocking On Heavens Door. they are two popular covers from two popular bands, Judas Priest and Guns N' Roses. However those aren't their songs, Rob and Axl never wrote them.
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

[ QUOTE ]
    I diagree with Tony's words but I do understand where he is comming from. There are a lot of Ozzy's songs that he's never played live and if and band becomes famous and plays that at every one of their shows it will be more linked to them. I guess Tony felt that because he sang it with Sabbath for ten years it was recognized with him more, however I disagree with him on that point.

[/ QUOTE ]
    oh I understand where he's coming from, but since he's so unpopular in the first place, if I were him I wouldn't want people who have heard of me pissed off at me! But yeah I can see where he'd pull that from.
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]
    I recognize Dio when I think of that song not Tony Martin. I can understand him singing a song that he worte whil in sabbath but that is clearly Dios song unless Tony is making it a tribute to Dio which is kinda unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Of course, it's a Dio Sabbath song.
    -rar