Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

How would we feel?

Default Re: What if Dio rejoined Sabbath ?

I would like it, at least we would get a new Sabbath Album and Dio may be old, but he is not a wreck like Ozzy, his voice is still strong and he still can write good Songs...

While my initial reaction would be "Hooray," that would subside when I realized it would last about 5 minutes, which is the answer I voted for.

I am divided between horay and No Ozzy. I like The Ozzy era of Sabbath better than the Dio era and I like both solo careers. I think Dio can put out better stuff on his own than with Sabbath.

I wonder if Bill would stay with Sabbath for a Dio reunion
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

I would kill for this to happen. I think there's better chances of jeweled eyed golden monkeys flying out of my ass then Dio's return to Sabbath but it would be excellent if he ever did.
    And who really gives a fuck how old Ronnie is. I don't care if he's 60 or 6,000. He's millions times better the musician than Ozzy is now days. Plus we'd finally get a new album damnit.

A new album is a new album.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

What if John Lennon and George Harrison rose from the grave and reunited The Beatles? Never happen, but Holy Christ would it be sweet...

>>"This'll last 5 minutes once he starts fiddling
    >>with the controls on the mixing desk again."

I think my answer would more accurately be "This will last 5 minutes, until Tony stops it because Ozzy suddenly wants to reunite. Again."

>>What if John Lennon and George Harrison rose from the
    >>grave

Nah, they'd just tell Paul to fuck off. Besides, maybe they already formed a band with Powell and Gillen? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] With Jim Morrison writing the lyrics

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if Bill would stay with Sabbath for a Dio reunion

[/ QUOTE ]

He should. If not, you can always get Vinny back. I heard his Hollywood All-Stars band isn't that good.

Great!!!... But if Dio can't make it... I say, again, get Rob Halford and record the studio album for once an all, please!!!

P.S.: Wouldn't hurt if Geoff Nicholls handles the keyboards and Rick Rubin produces the album...

Probably Geezer wouldn't want to stay either, so they could get Neil Murray on bass.
    I agree, Rick Rubin should produce the next Sabbath record.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Iommi-Dio-Appice-Murray-Nicholls

I'll take it in a heartbeat!

Come on guys. NEVER, Not going to happen. Impossible, Illegal, Irrational, need I go on.

Will Iommi & Dio work together again under a different banner? I would take that bet. It would not surprise me in the least. Both Dio and Iommi know that their colaborations always produce good material, and both men are gentlemen and true musicians at heart. really just an ego thing at this point.

>>Both Dio and Iommi know that their colaborations always
    >>produce good material, and both men are gentlemen and
    >>true musicians at heart. really just an ego thing at this
    >>point.

I don't think it's an issue of ego, just foresight. Doing this sort of a reunion would mean that Ronnie, Tony, and whoever else would end up playing with them would all have to drop whatever band or project they're working on right now. On top of this, I'm sure they're all aware of the ever repeating history of one line-up of Black Sabbath being ended by another line-up's reunion. So perhaps they're all thinking "Would this really be worth our time? Could we accomplish anything before Ozzy suddenly decides he wants to come back in full-time?"

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

I'd be shocked. It'll never happen again.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I agree with Writ that Iommi Dio collabriation results in good stuff. But it will not happen under the Sabbath moniker. I also think if it did happen within Sabbath they should just do a studio album and not tour together. Touring always seemed to stress the relationship. I also think that Sabbath fans and the media would overhype it and it would end up like Dehuminzer a disappointment because it didn't match expectations. I think Dehuminzer is a solid effort and I enjoy listening to it. Is it H&H?? Hell no! but that is one of the great metal albums of all time, you get a product like that once maybe twice in a career.

I find it interesting that the older Metal bands have a difficult time replicating early success. Here they are older wiser better musicians but they can't seem to do anything really good. Just a stream of medicore albums.

Motorhead is an exception, I think that Inferno kicks ass and Lemmy has gotten better with age. The guy is still kicking the shit out of a simple music formula to produce great metal. My guess is Lemmy himself at 58 yrs of age could single handedly take on the entire Grunge/Post Grunge Metal industry beat the living shit out of them, stuff the living shit back into them and beat it out of them again.

You get the idea I think Inferno is great and It was the best new metal album to come out last year. If your a metal fan and you don't have motorhead in your collection your a useless poser. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I agree with THE WRIT i think hell would have to freeze 100000000 times before dio and sabbath would reunite,i would like to see it (heaven and hell my fave album ever)but i do believe that tony/dio will collaborate. dio i believe said he would like to do something with just tony and him. new dio solo album?
    new iommi solo album?
    a iommi/dio band?

ps
    in heaven they would be also jamming with jimmy H and with cozy
    They'll take your diamonds and give you steel youll be caught in the middle of the madness just lost like them and part of all the pain they feel.
    ronnie james dio "all the fools sailed away"

RIP Ronnie.

[ QUOTE ]
    get Rob Halford and record the studio album for once an all, please!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the spirit. It's too late, but I would like RH to work with the 3/4 Sabbs.

I get the feeling there would be too much distrust between Dio, Geezer and Iommi for it (Dio reunion) to work.

It would be fantastic.
    But it'll never happen.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "oh no dehumanizer 2"!? Dehumanizer is kickass! It's one of Black Sabbath's best albums in my opinion, and my favorite out of the 3 Dio albums.

[ QUOTE ]
    Motorhead is an exception, I think that Inferno kicks ass and Lemmy has gotten better with age. The guy is still kicking the shit out of a simple music formula to produce great metal. My guess is Lemmy himself at 58 yrs of age could single handedly take on the entire Grunge/Post Grunge Metal industry beat the living shit out of them, stuff the living shit back into them and beat it out of them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely fucking agree with you man.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Never gonna happen.. I would be happy though. But I don't believe it would last long if it some weird way could be possible.

Only in dreams, sweet dreams.
    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Very very unlikely but it would be great. Anyone at this point is fine with me. Dont get me wrong I never get tired of the sabbath material we already have but would love some new material under the sabbath name.

I wish that would happen, or reunite with Tony Martin, or with anyone really! It's amazing to think in the nine years ozzy has been back, they have produced only TWO new songs! No new album in 7 years! This reunion is a joke, a sham, anyone replacing Ozzy would be great! I don't care if they get some random guy off the street, as long as they get to work on a new album and dump Ozzy, who is more interesting in his solo career and reality tv shows than the band.

And yea, Dehumanizer is my fav album, so bring on Dehumanizer 2!

The threat maybe just enough to get Ozzy into recording a new Sabbath album

hahah yeah. its never going to happen though, lets face it.

The only bad thing would be that the Dio band would not exist.
    Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Don't see it happening. Not under the Sabbath banner.

IF it did happen, I think we might get one enjoyable album out of it, then it would end. I just don't think it will happen. Dio is maintaining a pretty successful solo career and gets to do what he wants. Why go back into the band situation and do what someone else wants?

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish that would happen, or reunite with Tony Martin, or with anyone really! It's amazing to think in the nine years ozzy has been back, they have produced only TWO new songs! No new album in 7 years! This reunion is a joke, a sham, anyone replacing Ozzy would be great! I don't care if they get some random guy off the street, as long as they get to work on a new album and dump Ozzy, who is more interesting in his solo career and reality tv shows than the band.

And yea, Dehumanizer is my fav album, so bring on Dehumanizer 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if is David Donato or Jeff Fenholt who rejoins the band? (i´m just joking, of course, i agree with you: we NEED a new Sabbath album!)

If you listen to fools the mob rules!! I just had to vote that. But on a more serious note I think it wouldn't be a good thing. Sure we'd get new sabbath material but do we need it? Martin peeps got scream, Iommi peeps got fused and Dio is recording a solo album. But then again, what do I know Perhaps Iommi should do a new solo album with Dio. That. Would. Rawk.

Wasn't he supposed to record some new stuff with Tony? Does anybody know anything the status of that project?

I would sell my soul for Iommi + Dio...

I've read through all of this. Dio is not going to rejoin Sabbath. I mean, maybe (and that's a HUGE maybe) he would sign just for one album, or something like that, but Dio's no idiot. He can probably see that Sabbath is going nowhere. Also, Dio recording an album with Sabbath wouldn't necessarily mean a guaranteed good thing (sure it could be) but if the album ends up sucking (or at least too many people think it does) then Dio could lose some popularity (and money he he) as well, which wouldn't be good (for Dio at least. I can't see myself caring any less at this point) As for Ozzy, it is clear he is being lazy. I mean even Zakk Wylde has had more time for his career in Black Label Society. Sabbath has been doing nothing since they reunited (other than release the Reunion albums and all that stuff) They didn't even play at their induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame on March 13. Metallica played in their place, which I doubt would have been as good as them playing. *shakes head* I read somewhere that Ozzy didn't want to do another album (which, initially, would be an album to follow Never Say Die since that's the last one they all did together) because he feared they wouldn't be able to perform it the same way they could before (which isn't an unbelievable assumption) It could be both that he thinks that and he's lazy. But we all can't hit on Ozzy this much. Sure he was a druggy back in the day and he did a lot of stupid things, but he also knows good music. I mean, who could hire Randy Rhoads as a guitar player and not have good taste in music?
    All in all, Sabbath needs a new album to be released. I could see a new album flying off the shelves (or possibly not, seeing as a lot of these new bands are bringing shame to the metal genre and fans are eating it up) they do need a new release though. Some new material.
    -rar

If Dio rejoined it would sell pretty well but not as much as a Ozzy fronted album just because of Ozzy's name.

But if Dio did rejoin it would rule.

Im noticing alot of people would like to see this because it might mean a new album. I stand by my opinion. they simply dont need another album.

I think it would be cool to see them with dio, for afew minutes. itd be just a bit of a gimmick in my opinion. it would be pretty cool but i reckon they should just stick with ozzy until the end

If Dio joined sabbath again we would see a new CD come out. Better than nothing right? Bring it on. I would take Dio back in the band anyday.

I like Dio's older material, both solo and with Sabbath\Rainbow\Elf, but I just think Sabbath as a band/name/unit should call it quits.

And the last thing we need is another weak album (see Forbidden) full of "Dungeons & Dragons" cliches (see a lot of Dio material)....
    Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.