Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default She's Gone thread

This thread is for the members of this board who realize the beauty of the song She's Gone from Techical Ecstasy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just explain what makes this song so important to you.

I love the vocal melody, It's simple and beautiful, and the chords in the chorus are very exciting, if you what I mean.

So how about you?

Default Re: She's Gone thread

I just like the song, nothing more to say.
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

I think it's great song

I don't know why people have a problem with this song. I think it's a well crafted song. It's got such a haunting melody to it that's gives it emotion

I like it. Its pretty good.

I love this song. Not only is it a beautiful musical piece, but it has meaning for me personally after my ex decided to become crazy.

I think it is a great song, just my least favorite on TE
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know why people have a problem with this song. I think it's a well crafted song. It's got such a haunting melody to it that's gives it emotion

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. The melody is so haunting. And I have never heard Ozzy this emotional before. It's just so beautifull!! The best part is when Ozzy sings "Oh, my baby"....

I still say it's the worst Ozzy-era song, I'd rather listen to FX than this.

I love Ozzy's voice on this song, filled with despair and melancoly. Each time I hear him sing "I wanted you to be my wife", it gives me goosebump. Definitely one of my favorite songs.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

I haven't listened to it in a LONG time, so I'll get back to you when I finally do [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Not one I listen to often, but when I do I really enjoy it. And Gardener, I totally agree with the line "I wanted you to be my wife". Maybe because it has a personal connection to me....but enough of that! It really shows a diverse side of Sabbath.

Now as for Air Dance....well, I think everyone knows my opinion on that.

^^^Same here man! Best. Sabbath song. Ever!

shes gone and solitude would have to be the sadest songs of the ozzy era, you can just feel the poor guys heart breaking while hes singin the song, another sad song would be Juniors eyes, which i think i would like to have played at my funeral, that being in about 80 years time tho, lol. i at first disliked the whole album TE, except for dirty women and put up with getting it when i got the black box, but now i think its just as good as all the other albums,
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

I love it. It is extremely beautiful. The strings are sublime. My favourite track from TE.

I prefer Soltitude. She's Gone is too much polished for me.

It's my least favorite Sabbath song, but I'll still take "She's Gone" over most of what they play on the radio (in America, anyway) these days.

I love both "She's Gone" and "Solitude".. they are beautiful songs, and I also can relate to these songs because of a girl that has broken my heart.

to Mob Rules... it's always a matter of time with women before they become crazy, isnt it?

[ QUOTE ]
    to Mob Rules... it's always a matter of time with women before they become crazy, isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother!

[ QUOTE ]
    I just like the song, nothing more to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

same for me.

I love this song as well. It's very personal to me. I know exactly where Ozzy is coming from in his plaintive lyrics. Haunting tune. I love "Solitude" & "Changes" too....

is this a song Ozzy wrote the lyrics too? also I thought Tony wrote the lyrics to Changes
    How Good It Feels
    And that’s for real"

I always just assumeed it was Geezer. Also, After Forever is credited to Iommi alone; I thought Geezer wrote that too... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    is this a song Ozzy wrote the lyrics too?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I meant in his vocal interpretation of Geezer's lyrics..

I think this is a good song, ozzy's voice is fantastic in it.

[ QUOTE ]
    I always just assumeed it was Geezer. Also, After Forever is credited to Iommi alone; I thought Geezer wrote that too... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Geezer wrote the lyrics to After Forever, I read it from an interview.

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

[ QUOTE ]
    This thread is for the members of this board who realize the beauty of the song She's Gone from Techical Ecstasy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just explain what makes this song so important to you.

I love the vocal melody, It's simple and beautiful, and the chords in the chorus are very exciting, if you what I mean.

So how about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not their greatest song, but it doesn't suck either.

It used to get used on my "Oh crap, my girlfriend broke up with me" tape from years gone by. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

I love it man... I had a girldfriend, two years ago, and I love her, you know, I used to listen Sabbra Cadabra and think "Yeah, that's our music" but then she cheated me, dating me and another man. So when i discover that, I was so depressed man, in a very deep sad mood, I do remember that I listen to "Mistreated" and sang it in the shower, all the fucking day man, and cry all over me.
    After this bitch, I start to date a girl, I was 17, she was 25.. after 5 months of relation, she had to move to another city, close to the border of another state, something like 9 hours in a Bus.
    And man, I ride back to my place listening this Sabbath album, and then start "She's Gone". It was like a click, you know. I press the repeat button and start to cry in the subway dude.. It was too much, I was cheated by a girl, and the next one move far far away from me? I do know what Ozz sang on that lyric man, I fell in my flesh all that lines..

Sorry about this sad post man, I hust have to express my self.. it was a year and a half ago, and now I'm with another girl, we are together for a year, and that's forever, but I do remember that sadness, and I only hope you to not get down to that pit which I stay for a while.. Just, carry on man, carry on forever
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

[ QUOTE ]
    I love it man... I had a girldfriend, two years ago, and I love her, you know, I used to listen Sabbra Cadabra and think "Yeah, that's our music" but then she cheated me, dating me and another man. So when i discover that, I was so depressed man, in a very deep sad mood, I do remember that I listen to "Mistreated" and sang it in the shower, all the fucking day man, and cry all over me.
    After this bitch, I start to date a girl, I was 17, she was 25.. after 5 months of relation, she had to move to another city, close to the border of another state, something like 9 hours in a Bus.
    And man, I ride back to my place listening this Sabbath album, and then start "She's Gone". It was like a click, you know. I press the repeat button and start to cry in the subway dude.. It was too much, I was cheated by a girl, and the next one move far far away from me? I do know what Ozz sang on that lyric man, I fell in my flesh all that lines..

Sorry about this sad post man, I hust have to express my self.. it was a year and a half ago, and now I'm with another girl, we are together for a year, and that's forever, but I do remember that sadness, and I only hope you to not get down to that pit which I stay for a while.. Just, carry on man, carry on forever

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we all kno how you feel man, we all go thro it, at least u were man enough to say that u did cry over it, i hate it how most guys think that its weak to cry, well fuck them, if something hurts what a supposed to do, laugh
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i think we all kno how you feel man, we all go thro it, at least u were man enough to say that u did cry over it, i hate it how most guys think that its weak to cry, well fuck them, if something hurts what a supposed to do, laugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Great posts, both of you. I completely agree with both your stories. It does take a lot of courage to admit you broke down into tears. And I really hate this "macho image" most guys try to keep up. How does crying make us look weak? If anything, it just shows that we are all human. If you're remotely human, then there's a likely chance that you will have your occassional breakdowns. The worst thing you can do is bottle up your emotions; they will be released eventually.

Depending on the circumstances, I'll admit that I too have shed a few tears on occassion. And none of my friends, both male and female, think any less of me. In fact, they were kinda happy about my honesty.

Whatever you're feeling, always try to let it out right away. Forget this "image" of what it means to be "manly".

I also agree that there is nothing bad about a man crying... I cried a couple of years ago when a woman dumped me. It's strange... I didnt love her, and yet I cried. And when a girl that I actually did love (a lot) cheated on me and dumped me, I didn't cry, although I came close. It was more of a gradual deep depression... an empty feeling in my stomach... with no crying.

I've always thought that it takes a bigger man to let his tears flow than to keep them inside.

That is what a woman might say, but when it comes down to it they'll choose biceps over heart
    How Good It Feels
    And that’s for real"

Banned

Ha Ha, my (first) girlfriend hasn't broken up with me yet (I'm 13). This is one of those songs that I like some days and others I say "What is up with this sappy shit", I prefer Solitude a lot more, the ambiance is so much more moody and appropriate. She's Gone has a more scary than depressing song ambiance in my opinion.

just you wait,
    How Good It Feels
    And that’s for real"

I prefer Changes over She's Gone for my sappy Black Sabbath songs.

Oh yeah man... a broken heart is just like a hangover, if you don´t has one, someday, you´ll.
    It´s like I´ve said before bro.. I´ve my heart shreded twice, and get deep into tears, but now I´m happy and I let all those down shit behind.
    I expect that you grow up and get married with your girl, buddy, from the deep of my heart, but it´s like a "for sure", you know... Someday, you´ll cry for a woman, and it´ll gonna hurt, very fucking bad..
    It´s a life fact man, womans cry for mans, and we suffer ´cause we have this "macho pride" who prohibe us to cry you know, and when you swallow your sadness, it´s worst then when you just let the river flow sold in your face
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

Banned

i just hope it isnt as bad as your making it out to be

[ QUOTE ]
    i just hope it isnt as bad as your making it out to be

[/ QUOTE ]

it can be bad, reall bad, but what u got to realize in the end, that you wont help yourself if u keep down in the dumps, cause negativity attracts negativity, feelin sorry for yourself more and more wont make you feel or get over it. just look to the good times, and take the bad times as a lesson in life, and dont think that ur the only one out there that goes thro the pain, if its that bad seek help, it doesnt mean that your weak at all, but, while you are with your girl, cherish every moment, make sure that she feels special to you, just live life as it comes, ull be fine!
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Yeah, life each day with her, as it was the last, you know? I don't want that you get afraid of relationships, not at all, I love my girlfriend, she's my fucking life, I'm just saying to you: be stronge. I'm not saying to you be a "macho", just be a man.. you can cry, you must cry, but don't get depressed, avoid that.. if you get single, hang out with your friends, study, get a job, I don't know, just don't give time to sadness rise up and botter you
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world