Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scream

Default Scream

I bought this and think it is a really good album. A couple of songs sounds like Martin-era Sabbathsongs. Anybody else have it? Whats your opinion?

Default Re: Scream

I like it but not as much as many others on the board. The standouts are excellent, but there is a fair amount of filler. Also, one of the best songs is the Japanese bonus track, "Unbearable."

Maybe your right, i tend to overjoy new records of Sabbathrelaited nature to find out later it wasnt as good as i thought at first.

The only music that i enjoy us much now (or more even)as for 20 years ago is Sabbath-records obviously

Raising hell, bitter sweet, Faith in madness and the two last tracks are good tracks i think.

I havent heard the japanese track.

Does anyone know what's up with Tony Martin and bonus tracks? You got the Headless Cross bonus track "Cloak and Dagger", then you got Cross Purposes with the Japanese bonus track "What's the Use" then ANOTHER Japanese bonus track, "Loser Get's it all" on Forbidden...now his 2nd solo release, has a japanese bonus track! Why Japan? Does he just love them more than us? I would like to know though why theres bonus tracks, why not just have the tracks on all countries versions of the album? Can anyone explain this logic?

Everybody does that and every band has been doing this the last 20 years. This is required (by the record company) for almost any band to publish their albums in Japan.

Banned

I think CD's are more expensive to buy in Japan, so the bonus tracks are added to tempt people to buy them. I may be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
    I think CD's are more expensive to buy in Japan, so the bonus tracks are added to tempt people to buy them. I may be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right. Records are more expensive in Japan, so they add extra tracks to the albums so that Japanese people buy their records in Japan and don't import them.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies dont use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of Dehumanizer.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bte venue de Birmingham"

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right. Records are more expensive in Japan, so they add extra tracks to the albums so that Japanese people buy their records in Japan and don't import them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. But when are they gonna do something for us Brits - where cd prices are double what they are in the US. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mryuck.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. But when are they gonna do something for us Brits - where cd prices are double what they are in the US. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mryuck.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you guys do get all the good tours!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And we in France have it all : expensive CDs and less and less good tours... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies dont use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of Dehumanizer.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bte venue de Birmingham"

[ QUOTE ]
    And we in France have it all : expensive CDs and less and less good tours... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, we don't have tours at all here, and only the most popular records of some of the most popular bands, and very expensive. ;_;
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's something in that. Except when Satriani and Vai do G3 and have John Petrucci or Eric Johnson with them elsewhere, but we get Robert Fripp! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

The new edition of Classic Rock has a free cd on the front with a track from Scream, which I was glad of, I was ready to buy this album but after listening to the track on this free cd I don't think I'll bother, it was crap.

which was it?
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

It was Raising Hell, it's put me off, the other month they put a Fused track on a freebie and it made me buy the album and was I glad I did as it's brilliant, but Raising Hell has put me off buying Scream.

Well, I sort of agree with you. Raising Hell is easily the song I like the least in Scream.

Doesn't beat "Kids of Today" for the worst song though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But yah, Raising Hell is not as strong as I expected it, considering CP is in there, though the thing that ruins it for me is that awful keyboard solo. Surely enough, the guy ain't no Jon Lord but I expected something better.

Yeah, and also it starts off very abruptly, I don't know why he didn't either give it an intro or put it in the middle of the album.

I will admit that the album isn't quite as good as I thought it would be, but it is still very, very good. It's a bit of a grower, too, I think.

Oh, I love kids of today. It's just FUN.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, we don't have tours at all here, and only the most popular records of some of the most popular bands, and very expensive. ;_;

[/ QUOTE ]

The same here, I have to import Scream and it cost 90 dollars, so im asking every who already bought it if it worths that much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Banned

90 dollars!!! Fucking hell!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same here, I have to import Scream and it cost 90 dollars, so im asking every who already bought it if it worths that much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you guys had Glenn Hughes feturing Giardino on stage [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... Scream is good, but definitely not $90 good.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... Scream is good, but definitely not $90 good.

[/ QUOTE ]

90$??? The Black Box cost me 90$ and I think it's too much.
    About tours... Don't get me started...
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

No album is worth 90$.

Ok, I will not pay 90 dollars, but I wanna know if its a good album. How is he singing? The 90 dollars thing is if I import it, but it will be less expensive if some friend buys it in the US, and then bring it to me. I dont know how much is gonna be, so I still wanna know how good is it.

Well, like Prez said, it's good but not $90 good!

Banned

It's a brilliant album IMO. I can't get enough of it at the moment. However, is ANY album really worth $90? I think not!

$ 90! It's madness...
    "I don't sound like nobody"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here man! That music is just really fun!

[ QUOTE ]
    The same here, I have to import Scream and it cost 90 dollars, so im asking every who already bought it if it worths that much

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey bro, why don't you try to import it from Brasil? You can find it by 20 reais easily! PM me with your msn and I would help you to find a virtual store where you can get it!
    Dude, you could search for it in www.arremate.com there's a good place to find it, if you have some coins in your pig valt.

By The Way mans, it's feels so good to be so back! ( that's what a friend said when Ray Gillen site come back on air )
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Banned

The Kids Of Today is an excellent song! I think it's very catchy! I don't see why people have a big problem with it.

[ QUOTE ]
    The Kids Of Today is an excellent song! I think it's very catchy! I don't see why people have a big problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Maybe they don't check the lyric..
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here man! That music is just really fun!

[ QUOTE ]
    The same here, I have to import Scream and it cost 90 dollars, so im asking every who already bought it if it worths that much

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey bro, why don't you try to import it from Brasil? You can find it by 20 reais easily! PM me with your msn and I would help you to find a virtual store where you can get it!
    Dude, you could search for it in www.arremate.com there's a good place to find it, if you have some coins in your pig valt.
    __________________________________________________ _______

OK!!!! when a cd is pressed in brazil, the cd stores generally import it from there, cause the brazilian ones sound like the original version, but i didnt happened with tonys one! I dont know why! Thanx, ill pm you!

Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

The Kingdom of Spain (is the Kingdom of Gods)

Hi, Im a big fan of Sabbath and specially of Tony Martin. I search for the Scream lyrics cause Im not an english speaker and I need them to understand completely the music. I didnt find them yet so if someone could post a link or PM me, Id be thankful forever! By the way, I think the album is brilliant.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi, Im a big fan of Sabbath and specially of Tony Martin. I search for the Scream lyrics cause Im not an english speaker and I need them to understand completely the music. I didnt find them yet so if someone could post a link or PM me, Id be thankful forever! By the way, I think the album is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here bro.
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

I got tickets for "Tony Martin Band / Best of Black Sabbath" here in Sweden Vaxjo, on april 13. First time for me seeing Tony and Geoff live. Im so excited!

I have heard they will only play Sabbathmaterial wich is a shame because Scream is such a good album. But who complaines when you get to hear The Shining, Eternal idol, Headless Cross live?

Anyone here who will see this show or other shows? He plays four shows in Sweden and i think 2 in Norway.

Cro

Cloak And Dagger rocked!! ^__^ I loved that song. I found it on a Metal Sludge music board.. If I can find the link I'll post it.

They play only Scream of the last Tonys album

I really like this album.
    Raising Hell, Bitter Sweet, Scream, Kids of Today and Fields of Lies are fine songs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]