Thread: Ozzy era demos

Default Ozzy era demos

Anyone else think that its weird that there are no demos from when Sabbath debut came out till after NSD with Ozzy. The only Ozzy demos known to exist are the Earth demos, the H&H two or three tracks, and the 2001 sessions. At Sabbathlive Rob says that any denos he has come across with Ozzy are fake (ex. Sabotage demos).

However demos from every other singer do exist, including obscure ones such as Fenholt and Donato.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Default Re: Ozzy era demos

I think there has to be demo tapes of some kind. How can they just record songs like Wheels Of Confusion, Sabbra Cadabra, Megalomania, etc, on the fly?? They had to have recorded some kind of tape to allow them to arrange the songs and such...

Hmm, interesting indeed... I just wish Tony would release all the recording of Sabbath he has...that would be tits.

is that a synonym for really great?

anyway, i should think they had to record something. maybe they protected it well or destroyed them after they weren't needed...possible...
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tits great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tite great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an answer for you. Yes.

I have an old recording of war pigs with its original lyrics. that a demo?

thats a live performace from the Ozzman Cometh
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

What are the Earth demos ?

well there is a 23 second clip of a song called The Rebel, anda cover of When I Came Down. These are songs the guys pplayed when they were still called Earth
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep. lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGH !!!! Is it possible some people on these boards still believe the so-called "Basement Tapes" were actually demos ?!? For the hundredth time, these four tracks (you forgot "Black Sabbath") were recorded live at the BBC in London, UK, on the 04/26/70 for John Peel's "Sunday Show". The audience and applause have been edited out to make them sound as demos for Ozzy's "Ozzman Cometh" compilation.

[ QUOTE ]
    lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If those are the same that have been circulated for a few years as "Sabbath's Bloody Demos", then don't even bother listening. These are really the album tracks on which some EQ and reverb have been added. Nothing but lame fakes. Awful :-(

As of today, except for a short sample of "The Rebel" (which was recorded when the band was still called Earth), and one minute from "When I came Down" which was written by Norman Haynes for Black Sabbath to become their first single but was shelved because the band didn't like it), there is no other true demo from the 70s being circulating currently.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Are tite great? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an answer for you. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously thats why i said it.
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    there are basement tapes of war pigs, fairies wear boots, and behind the wall of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGH !!!! Is it possible some people on these boards still believe the so-called "Basement Tapes" were actually demos ?!? For the hundredth time, these four tracks (you forgot "Black Sabbath") were recorded live at the BBC in London, UK, on the 04/26/70 for John Peel's "Sunday Show". The audience and applause have been edited out to make them sound as demos for Ozzy's "Ozzman Cometh" compilation.

[ QUOTE ]
    lately I`ve come across Looking for today and National acrobat demo, but I don`t have it yet. I was very shocked when I saw it and until I hear it I won`t believe it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If those are the same that have been circulated for a few years as "Sabbath's Bloody Demos", then don't even bother listening. These are really the album tracks on which some EQ and reverb have been added. Nothing but lame fakes. Awful :-(

As of today, except for a short sample of "The Rebel" (which was recorded when the band was still called Earth), and one minute from "When I came Down" which was written by Norman Haynes for Black Sabbath to become their first single but was shelved because the band didn't like it), there is no other true demo from the 70s being circulating currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sucks, but why is it so hard for people to absorb that those were live performances? why did ozzy rerelease them? isnt that sabbath's job? that I don't get, but what became of the Behind the Wall of Sleep and Fairies Wear Boots ones? I'd like to hear BtWoS...I heard it's got that extra verse and different ending, which i have on guitar pro but i want to hear it.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    -rar

its on a second disc that was available for a limited time. check eBay
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

Banned

You know there was demos.But they have hidden them well.Ever band in the world has demo. Why sabbath holds back on fans is another story.

ok, calm down. As I am on this board for almost a year I have never seen a thread about those basement tapes or demos and you are my biggest source of information. So forgive me. And also I posted it a little bit too early because today somebody told me they are fakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I feel awful. But as I wrote I wouldn`t believe it until I heard it.

so ok no demos, let`s just hope they will finally be released!

[ QUOTE ]
    You know there was demos.But they have hidden them well.Ever band in the world has demo. Why sabbath holds back on fans is another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you know, I think most bands and artist don't wish the fans to hear their demos, unless they officially released them. But I guess some of them might hide them better than others. I'm certain there are demos from this era of Sabbath too, but these must be locked somewhere along with the master tapes. Ozzy often described the recording process during the 70s as "we would play in the studio for hours, recording everything, and then cut and paste the best parts together", which means where you have the master tapes, you should find the demos and outtakes. It's a shame nothing surfaced so far.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.

[ QUOTE ]
    ok, calm down. As I am on this board for almost a year I have never seen a thread about those basement tapes or demos and you are my biggest source of information. So forgive me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted this strong, but this subject has been dealt with dozens of times, and the last time was like 3 weeks ago, so...

[ QUOTE ]
    And also I posted it a little bit too early because today somebody told me they are fakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I feel awful. But as I wrote I wouldn`t believe it until I heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be ashamed, these fake demos have been fooling a lot of people these past years. I myself didn't look for these only because a friend of mine had told me what they were. Later when I got the opportunity to listen to them I understood why I had been told these weren't even worth hearing. The poor soul who created these fakes didn't even bother to make them sound real, the thing is just pitiful. Anyway, glad my little advice helped you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as i've said, they could've destroyed the demos after they were not needed anymore. is that not a possibility?
    -rar

Chances are they may have gone ahead and destroyed the demos, but it’s the copies that were given out to distributors, broadcasters and funders that usually turn up.

They may have erased some of them and reused the tape. They probably thought "who the hell would want our demos?" lol

While I'm not at liberty to elaborate on this, I will say that there ARE in fact some unreleased (and uncirculated) studio recordings from the 70's. Some are demos, but others are simply alternate takes of the songs that made the albums. You won't find these on any bootlegs making the rounds at the moment. The people who have these tapes are holding them out of loyalty to the band or for other 'political' reasons. I suspect that some may inevitably get leaked, but others may sadly rot on the reels that hold them.....