Default War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be played?

I read over at the Swedish wikipedia that:

"Efter terrorattentaten mot World Trade Center och Pentagon den 11 september 2001 skickades en lista ut i USA på sånger som inte borde spelas på radio under en tid då de kunde väcka känslor. Två av Black Sabbaths låtar var listade, "War Pigs" och "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"."

After the terror attacks against World Trade Center and Pentagon the 11th September 2001 a list was sent all over America containg songs that shouldn't be played at the radio during a time to not "cause feelings".
    Two of Black Sabbath's songs was listed: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Is this true?

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Default Re: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be played?

Never heard that one before.

Default Re: War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath shouldnt be pla

Well there was a list of "do not play" songs being sent to radio stations, but I dont think those 2 songs were on it. I'm pretty sure I saw the real list on the English wikipedia.

Im not to sure about that list but I know War Pigs and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are very common to be play on my local radio, so Im pretty sure they were not play.
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

its kinda ironic on acount of War Pigs is about government corruption and such and the theory (in wshich I strongly believe) that the US government was behind the whole 911 attack
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

I remember that it was only four days after Hurricane Katrina that they started playing "Rock You Like A Hurricane" again.

[ QUOTE ]
    Well there was a list of "do not play" songs being sent to radio stations, but I dont think those 2 songs were on it. I'm pretty sure I saw the real list on the English wikipedia.

[/ QUOTE ]
    what did you search?
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]
    its kinda ironic on acount of War Pigs is about government corruption and such and the theory (in wshich I strongly believe) that the US government was behind the whole 911 attack

[/ QUOTE ]

hey now there's something to think about. not to cause any political discussion it just made me think...
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell???????

Thats insane [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey now there's something to think about. not to cause any political discussion it just made me think...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll send you a PM that will change your life
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Can you also send me a pm that will change my life. I have been arguing about how bad President Bush is to my parents who are in favor of him and the war and I could always use some extra info to back my own opinion.

yeah there were some really wierd songs on the dont play list, and yeah im sure i saw war pigs on the list..... hmmmmm.....lol.... along with others, helter skelter comes to mind too....
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

[ QUOTE ]
    Can you also send me a pm that will change my life. I have been arguing about how bad President Bush is to my parents who are in favor of him and the war and I could always use some extra info to back my own opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't get into a debate with Joey, my friend. He's never lost a political debate and he is for Bush and the War in Iraq and he has amazing reasons and proof. Everybody who argues with him walks away in silence haha.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't get into a debate with Joey, my friend. He's never lost a political debate and he is for Bush and the War in Iraq and he has amazing reasons and proof. Everybody who argues with him walks away in silence haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i used to be like that. until dad said "hey son, come here and look at this....." my jaw hit the ground..

now i kno that it shouldnt get political. but i am goin to say this, now that they have realesed that "new footage" all footage should be allowed to be realesed. cause it WOULD HAVE the same information on it, wouldnt it, if they dont realese it, then somethings wrong isnt there.....
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

[ QUOTE ]
    I remember that it was only four days after Hurricane Katrina that they started playing "Rock You Like A Hurricane" again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I remember it being weeks before I heard Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks" again.

Yeah, I do remember seeing the "do not play" list and I believe those Sabbath songs were on it. But the story behind it is a little off-- the rumor was that Clear Channel (a U.S. company with many radio affiliates) sent out a list to all of its affiliates forbidding them from playing these songs. In reality, this list was sent out, but it was still left up to the affiliates to play whatever they wanted. The list was just supposed to be a guide.

The full list, as well as an explanation, can be found here: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/radio.htm

ok, this is just wrong. These sort of songs are artistic representations of our world. if people are scared of reality then they should just not listen to radio at all. sensoring this kind of thing is purely communism. The song war pigs takes a negative view on the western governments. so i think the probelm they have with it is "in a time like this people should fully support their government". I say, in a time like this people shouldnt resort to desperate measures and give these kinds of powers to their government. Ok, I know governments dont acutally have anything to do with this (i think), im just trying to paint the picture of the bigger image. Artistic creation is something I value as something people living in our free countries have the right to. its a buitiful thing. censoring these things only leads to communism.

im sorry if ive offended anyone, this is just how i feel

Banned

What's with all of these bullshit political discussions?!?

They are forbidden from these forums.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

This wasn't supposed to be political, well it went there...

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

[ QUOTE ]
    What's with all of these bullshit political discussions?!?

They are forbidden from these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

its sought of very hard to talk about war pigs cause its a political song, along with Children of the grave... how far is to far when comparing the era when War Pigs was written about the vietnam war, to saying that it still has meaning today in the wars of today. ie afghanistan and iraq, either no political means NO WAR PIGS OR CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE discussion, or talk about it as long as it is in refernece to a song, there either a or b,
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

i was goin to post the lyrics and put an asterix or something to say well delete this and this and this, but the whole song is just about politics, and while were on that, how about pulling talking about such songs as under the sun, as its religous views may be taken offence too, or lord of this world, or after forever...... you just cant ignore the fact that the songs are political and or about touchy subjects such as religion
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Banned

I guess it's fine to talk about the direct subjects of songs, but IMO it's out of line when the conversation starts going onto conpiracy theories about 9/11, as well as talking about the Iraq war.

I just don't see the necessity to discuss these matters in a Black Sabbath forum. That's my take on it anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess it's fine to talk about the direct subjects of songs, but IMO it's out of line when the conversation starts going onto conpiracy theories about 9/11, as well as talking about the Iraq war.

I just don't see the necessity to discuss these matters in a Black Sabbath forum. That's my take on it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%

theres no place for politics here

We are talking about post terror attack descisions made by people to sensor artistic views, in order to "protect" the general public from thinking certain things. if that isnt cause for political debate, i dont know what is then.

They will never stop the power of rock and warpigs will be a thorn in their side as long as this war is on. Long live Sabbath and all bands that speak out against government corruption.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    They will never stop the power of rock and warpigs will be a thorn in their side as long as this war is on. Long live Sabbath and all bands that speak out against government corruption.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. which is why i said "im not starting any political discussion" (said something similar to that) so it wasnt meant for this to happen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this, however, is agreed.
    -rar

I agree with you M Williams. Just for the heck of it I went back and reread the forum rules and "Hot Topics" like abortion, politics, and religon are forbidden if I understand correctly.
    There is also a mention about offensive avatars which the case could be made about some I have seen here.
    But, I have yet to see a message board where such rules were strictly enforced so I guess we just have to put up with it.
    TS

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. which is why i said "im not starting any political discussion" (said something similar to that) so it wasnt meant for this to happen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry man, i think they are tlaking about me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]