6 - Jeff Fenholt
    7 - Glenn Hughes
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Default Re: Why the SEVENTH Star

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

At that time Glenn wasnt in "Sabbath", so the vocalist thing doesnt really work. Plus I dont even know how you could include Fenholt.

Maybe ask the man himself for Ask Tony 5.

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

well without Fenholt Glenn would be sixth
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Maybe just because 7 is alleged to be a magic number (7 is the sum of 4 and 3, 4 being the number of the universe and 3 the number of the Holy Trinity). You find the number 7 in many legends and expressions, like the 7 gates of Hell, the 7 plagues of Egypt (the magnificent 7... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So when he had to find something that sounded mysterious for the song, I guess Tony thought of the "Seventh Star".

Plus, it's really weird but when people are ask to give a number between 0 and 10 at random, most of the time they say 7.
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... how do you know this??
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. School, reading...

Here's another one for you : Have you ever wondered why the "number of the beast" is 666 ? Well, as I said, the 7 is seen as some kind of perfect number as it is the sum of 3 for the Holy Trinity and 4 which is the universe. So "6" is "7 minus 1", meaning it's "unperfect".

And when you repeat a thing three times, it's a way to affirm it and make it a whole, bring it to completion (like St John who had to swear three times that he refused Christ as his saviour before the sun rose).

This gives the 666 a meaning of completion in imperfection, meaning the person bearing this number as his sigil realises himself by not being perfect = being unlike God = the Devil.

It's always interesting to see how the meaning of numbers influenced religion.

i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...
    -rar

i dont know. until we hear the reason from Tony, I'd say we go with one of Gardener's reasons...wow...
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Gardener, I'm impressed. All I can say is WOW.

Awesome analysis there Gardener.

Awesome analysis there Gardener.

I think "Seventh Star" just came up one day and they decided it was good, no real though process behind it.

Not to Rebuttal anything Gardner said, as I agree with it, seven is supposedly the number of God, it means perfection. So maybe this lineup needed to be associated with the number seven as it was a perfect lineup for Sabbath. And if not this lineup atleast made what I consider to be a perfectly crafted album.

Most of all I feel the name was just put there without much thought behind it.

I think "Seventh Star" just came up one day and they decided it was good, no real though process behind it.

Not to Rebuttal anything Gardner said, as I agree with it, seven is supposedly the number of God, it means perfection. So maybe this lineup needed to be associated with the number seven as it was a perfect lineup for Sabbath. And if not this lineup atleast made what I consider to be a perfectly crafted album.

Most of all I feel the name was just put there without much thought behind it.

could be. I don't think they put too much thought into it before the name creation. perhaps after, though. I'm also pretty sure it had NOTHING to do with the line-up, especially since it shifted a bit (bass) one NStL
    -rar

could be. I don't think they put too much thought into it before the name creation. perhaps after, though. I'm also pretty sure it had NOTHING to do with the line-up, especially since it shifted a bit (bass) one NStL
    -rar

well with Fenholt it was Star Of India
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

well with Fenholt it was Star Of India
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

what does that have to do with anything?

are you saying India may have something to do with Seven?
    -rar

what does that have to do with anything?

are you saying India may have something to do with Seven?
    -rar

no just that maybe Tony didn't like the India part but liked the Star and just got a dictionary trying things with 'star' until he got to 'seventh'
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

no just that maybe Tony didn't like the India part but liked the Star and just got a dictionary trying things with 'star' until he got to 'seventh'
    How Good It Feels
    And thatís for real"

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. School, reading...

Here's another one for you : Have you ever wondered why the "number of the beast" is 666 ? Well, as I said, the 7 is seen as some kind of perfect number as it is the sum of 3 for the Holy Trinity and 4 which is the universe. So "6" is "7 minus 1", meaning it's "unperfect".

And when you repeat a thing three times, it's a way to affirm it and make it a whole, bring it to completion (like St John who had to swear three times that he refused Christ as his saviour before the sun rose).

This gives the 666 a meaning of completion in imperfection, meaning the person bearing this number as his sigil realises himself by not being perfect = being unlike God = the Devil.

It's always interesting to see how the meaning of numbers influenced religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in the bible 666 is used to describe the Roman leader Nero. who i guess killed more then his fair share of christians. THis is just something I saw on the history channel.
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

his name was Nero?
    -rar

his name was Nero?
    -rar

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually in the bible 666 is used to describe the Roman leader Nero. who i guess killed more then his fair share of christians. THis is just something I saw on the history channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this refered to Nero too but I think this rather unlikely as the Bible refers to a period supposed to go from the beginning of times to the death and rebirth of Christ. And Nero came to power a few years after that, making any reference to him n the Bible very unlikely.

In the Apocalypse book by St John at the end of the Bible, it is said that the antichrist who will lead the great beast for the battle of the end of the world will bear on his nead the number 666. But guess at the time with all his killings, tortures and such, Nero could have been seen as a good match for the antichrist.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this refered to Nero too but I think this rather unlikely as the Bible refers to a period supposed to go from the beginning of times to the death and rebirth of Christ. And Nero came to power a few years after that, making any reference to him n the Bible very unlikely.

In the Apocalypse book by St John at the end of the Bible, it is said that the antichrist who will lead the great beast for the battle of the end of the world will bear on his nead the number 666. But guess at the time with all his killings, tortures and such, Nero could have been seen as a good match for the antichrist.

[ QUOTE ]
    his name was Nero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. Nero... Nero Kalem [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

[ QUOTE ]
    his name was Nero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. Nero... Nero Kalem [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Can't you see what I see
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world

that's why I noticed it lol
    -rar

that's why I noticed it lol
    -rar

hehehhehe fuck i donīt think about number 7 any time hahahah
    man it is true Glenn is the number 7.
    Fucking crazy. But IOMMI is IOMMI and whata fuck really mysterious.

hehehhehe fuck i donīt think about number 7 any time hahahah
    man it is true Glenn is the number 7.
    Fucking crazy. But IOMMI is IOMMI and whata fuck really mysterious.

I think it’s some kind of Indian mysticism.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I always thought that it was if you enter our Solar System from the outside, Earth is the seventh planet(star) as you go towards the Sun.
    Just like the Jimi Hendrix song Third Stone From The Sun refers to Earth as the third stone(planet) from the Sun going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by led sabbath View Post
    I always thought that it was if you enter our Solar System from the outside, Earth is the seventh planet(star) as you go towards the Sun.
    Just like the Jimi Hendrix song Third Stone From The Sun refers to Earth as the third stone(planet) from the Sun going the other way.
    No it has to do with Indian mysticism, plus Doc just reinforced it by telling me that’s why the bootleg Star Of India is called just that, Star Of India.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)