Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your Division Winning Picks

Who Will Win Each Division After Just Two Games?

Default Re: Your Division Winning Picks

New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens
    Indianapolis Colts
    Denver Broncos
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Chicago Bears
    Atlanta Falcons
    Seattle Seahawks
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Ashley, I think that you had a typo regarding the Dallas football team. I believe girls should have been capitalized, as in Dallas CowGirls.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

And the CowGirls are beating the Redskins [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

AFC East - Pats
    AFC North - Pit
    AFC South - Jags
    AFC West - Bolts---07 Champs

NFC East - Migits
    NFC North - Da Bears
    NFC South - Saints
    NFC West - Hawks

[ QUOTE ]
    Ashley, I think that you had a typo regarding the Dallas football team. I believe girls should have been capitalized, as in Dallas CowGirls.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was going to but I felt someone would've deemed it 'too disrespectful' so I didn't, heh.

My picks are:

New England(Ofcourse)
    Cincinnati
    Jacksonville
    Denver

Chicago
    N.Y. Giants
    Tampa Bay Bucs(Yes I Know, 3 - 41 in two games)
    Seattle

[ QUOTE ]
    And the CowGirls are beating the Redskins [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is fine by me, 27-10. As much as I hate the CowGIRLS I dont think I despise any team more than Washington and Baltimore. Personally it would NOT hurt my feelings none if what happened on the "Sum Of All Fears" movie happened in real life, just minus all the fans.

I pick the coolest names [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Week 3 Picks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My Picks Are In Red:

Carolina(16) @ <font color="red">Tampa Bay(23)</font>
    Chicago(17) @ <font color="red">Minnesota(20)</font>
    <font color="red">Cincinnati(24)</font> @ Pittsburgh(7)
    <font color="red">Green Bay(17)</font> @ Detroit(13)
    <font color="red">Jacksonville(23)</font> @ Indianapolis(17)
    <font color="red">N.Y. Jets(17)</font> @ Buffalo(10)
    Tennessee(10) @ <font color="red">Miami(19)</font>
    <font color="red">Washington(13)</font> @ Houston(10)
    Baltimore(16) @ <font color="red">Cleveland(20)</font>
    N.Y. Giants(20) @ <font color="red">Seattle(31)</font>
    <font color="red">Philadelphia(34)</font> @ San Francisco(23)
    St. Louis(16) @ <font color="red">Arizona(19)</font>(OT)
    Denver(13) @ <font color="red">New England(27)</font>
    Atlanta(14) @ <font color="red">New Orleans(17)</font>

Open date: Dallas, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego

What Are Your Picks?

Wow Ashley, you have New Orleans on top of Atlanta? Not calling them "lack of faith" team, I just don't think there not going to top it off with Atlanta.

Quote by Ray Rules

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow Ashley, you have New Orleans on top of Atlanta? Not calling them "lack of faith" team, I just don't think there not going to top it off with Atlanta.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think the entire NFC South is complete reversal, so all four teams are facing each other this week. I just think that the Saints will come out on top for all that is in their favour.

Besides if Atlanta loses they could always blame it on the fact that this is New Orleans first home in 3 years.

[ QUOTE ]

My Picks Are In Red:

What Are Your Picks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most,except:

Bears beat Vikings
    Bills beat Jets
    Ravens beat Browns

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

My Picks Are In Red:

What Are Your Picks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most,except:

Bears beat Vikings
    Bills beat Jets
    Ravens beat Browns

[/ QUOTE ]
    I dont think the Bills have a chance against the Jets, either way it is going to be a great division game.

The Ravens over the Browns?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

My Picks Are In Red:

What Are Your Picks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most,except:

Bears beat Vikings
    Bills beat Jets
    Ravens beat Browns

[/ QUOTE ]
    I dont think the Bills have a chance against the Jets, either way it is going to be a great division game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ravens lose there first game next week to the mighty San Diego Chargers...I hope...GO BOLTS!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ravens lose there first game next week to the mighty San Diego Chargers...I hope...GO BOLTS!

[/ QUOTE ]
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings NONE if Baltimore lost every game of every season and were blanketed in sheer mediocricy.

The impression Art Modell left upon the team will be forever, no one should respect the Ravens francshise, the players yes, but the franchise no.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings NONE if Baltimore lost every game of every season and were blanketed in sheer mediocricy.

The impression Art Modell left upon the team will be forever, no one should respect the Ravens francshise, the players yes, but the franchise no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed,taking this team out of Cleveland where the fans were loyal in 20 degree temps was a crime,they had the frigin dog pound.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agreed,taking this team out of Cleveland where the fans were loyal in 20 degree temps was a crime,they had the frigin dog pound.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Indeed I have much respect for the Cleveland Browns franchise, they are perhaps the greatest team of all time. If you consider great teams as Dynasty's and like to measure greatness by that, then look no futher than what the Browns accomplished since 1946:

Birthed in the AAFC in 1946.

In 1946 they won all but two of their 14 games en route to a championship title.

In 1947 they lost and tied but once and still posted another 12 win season en route to a consecutive championship title.

In 1948 they set the gold standard in all of sports, going 15-0(the first undefeated professional football team in history), defeating the so-called legendary Vince Lombardi in order to reach that milestone.

In 1949 they lost after not doing so for 29 games, and even though only had 9 wins were en route to a fourth consecutive championship title.

In those 4 years the Browns went 52-4-3, that mark will never be broken.

In 1950 they joined the NFL and their first game was against the defending NFL champion Philadelphia Eagles, the Browns were underdogs to say the least.

What followed is now considered to be the 'Greatest Team Debut In Any Sport'. The Browns were from a so-called 'sissy league' and couldn't match the intensity and power of the NFL critics said. Those critics were silenced after the opening kickoff when it was returned 99 years for a touchdown. The Browns never looked back and won the game decisevly.

After the game The Eagles coach complained that Cleveland only threw the ball so when they met a month later the Browns set a record which still stands to this day: They Went A Whole Game Without Throwing A Single Pass. THEY STILL WON 13-7.

All of this culminated in the NFL Championship game when Otto Graham led the team on a clutch 4th quarter comeback to win. THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN THEIR INNAGURAL SEASON. They did twice in 1946 and 1950.

Between 1946 and 1955 they went to 10 consecutive championship games, they won the first five before losing the next three. Then posted back to back championships in '54 and '55.

The only NFL team that can considered as great as Cleveland is the 2000's New England Patriots. They have the two greatest dynasties in all of professional football.

Furthermore I would say Otto Graham is the greatest quarterback to ever play the game, he was drafted as a running back and led the league in passing in all but 1 of his 10 seasons. He has the BEST winning percentage of any starting quarterback and has more championship appearences and wins than any other PERSON to ever play football.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Denver won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woooooooooooooohooooooooo

(Don't hate me Ashley)

Quote by Ray Rules

[ QUOTE ]
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Denver won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woooooooooooooohooooooooo

(Don't hate me Ashley)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why would I hate you?

I thought you be grinding your teeth after the Patriots lost to a (in my views) a horribly played Broncos. Jake hardly put in any affort on passing, the Defence of line men can't even get in Brady's face(Im mean he can guzzle a bottle of Gatorade and pass to a wide Reciever simple for christ sakes!!!), and wide recivers dropping simple passes. I thought it was a horrible game ever played by Denver.

Thought there were some good parts by the Denver team. Bell and the Offence of linemen making great yards, the Special teams, and the Defense of Backs did an outstanding performance.

Quote by Ray Rules

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought you be grinding your teeth after the Patriots lost to a (in my views) a horribly played Broncos. Jake hardly put in any affort on passing, the Defence of line men can't even get in Brady's face(Im mean he can guzzle a bottle of Gatorade and pass to a wide Reciever simple for christ sakes!!!), and wide recivers dropping simple passes. I thought it was a horrible game ever played by Denver.

Thought there were some good parts by the Denver team. Bell and the Offence of linemen making great yards, the Special teams, and the Defense of Backs did an outstanding performance.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Grinding my teeth? Grrr [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

I hate your damn team [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I am just kidding I dont hate your team, it is after all just a game. But the Pats played equally as poor on both sides of the ball. On the either hand it was nice to see Tom Brady fired up yelling at the players and officials.

Javon Walker had a big game, that second touchdown was as impressive as the first. That double-reverse fake HB screen was SIGNATURE PATRIOT FOOTBALL and like usual it got a nice gain, but it wasn't enough.

No team can run trick plays like New England can

To illustrate what a family we are here at Black-Sabbath.com, my enjoyment of the Broncos' victory was muted by the knowledge that it was our friend Ashley's favorite team, the Patriots, getting thoroughly worked. Oh well, Ashley, nobody goes 16-0. Hopefully the Patriots can win next week.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

[ QUOTE ]
    To illustrate what a family we are here at Black-Sabbath.com, my enjoyment of the Broncos' victory was muted by the knowledge that it was our friend Ashley's favorite team, the Patriots, getting thoroughly worked. Oh well, Ashley, nobody goes 16-0. Hopefully the Patriots can win next week.

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL, a loss doesn't effect me except I'd rather see them win. I still went to work today and slept last night.

A Patriots loss doesn't bother me, the first football game I ever saw was in '72 when the Patriots were blanked 52-0 against the Dolphins when they went 17-0.

Furthermore a loss doesn't affect because as long as Belichick and Brady remain with the team they are destined for greatness.

When my family first moved to Florida in '75 my older brother said, "Hey now we dont have to watch that sucky Patriots team always lose". I remember being so mad that the Tampa area had no football team that when the Buccaneers joined the following year, I predicted them to go far. Ofcourse my luck WAS NOT there either cause they went 0-14. Needless to say my brother kept on me for years for the lack of success my favourite team had while his(The 49ers) would become a dynasty the following decade.

Immediately after Adam Vinatieri kicked the winning field goal in Superbowl 36 he calls me and yells, "They got lucky, they cheated". I said, "Oh no here we go"

He still argues with me that Tom Brady fumbled the ball in the 2001 Divsional game against Oakland.

The Raiders are my least favorite team in sports history. That said, Tom Brady did fumble in that game against the Raiders. It was obvious. Really not even a debatable call. As much as I dislike the Raiders, they truly were robbed. Worst call in sports history. But, perhaps I mentioned: I don't like the Raiders. heh heh.
    --Benjamin Franklin

[ QUOTE ]
    The Raiders are my least favorite team in sports history. That said, Tom Brady did fumble in that game against the Raiders. It was obvious. Really not even a debatable call. As much as I dislike the Raiders, they truly were robbed. Worst call in sports history. But, perhaps I mentioned: I don't like the Raiders. heh heh.

[/ QUOTE ]
    How was it a fumble?

I thought for sure the call was going to stand, I was furious. I had never gotten so mad at a game in my life. Ofcourse when they made the RIGHT CALL I was happy.

How was it a fumble?

It is a fumble when you are holding the ball and the other team knocks it out of your hands. Simple enough.

To claim that Brady was in the act of passing and that the arm was moving forward to throw the ball is something that only the most fanatic and blind person could possibly claim.

I'm not saying I was unhappy with the outcome. Just saying that the call was the worst (meaning, most erroneous) in the history of sports. I think I mentioned that I don't like the Raiders?
    --Benjamin Franklin

But they were ROBBBBBBBBBBBED.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Ok, while I do agree that a fumble is when you lose the ball I disagree with it being the worst call in history.

Not because I am a fan of the team but because I'd rather see a game won outright as opposed to officiating.

Actually it DOES matter rather he was moving his arm forward or not and here is why. What made the call so tough and so close was because it all depended on whether or not the ball touched Tom Brady's body again.

When you throw ANYTHING the procedure is, you come back and then forward until your elbow locks and then just your forearm moves until you release the ball, with your arm usually ending infront of the other.
    NOW
    If the quarterback is attempting a pass but decides against it, then he attempts to run with it but coughs it up during the tuck it does not matter. Because the act of tucking the ball has not come into effect yet, that only matters once the ball is firmly tucked into your body. If that were the case the call would've stood.

I am NOT blind and I wouldn't base my judgement on nepotism but if you really want to discuss this, think of the 1980 AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Cleveland Browns and none other than the OAKLAND RAIDERS.

There is 14 seconds left in regulation, the Browns trail 14-12, they have the ball at Oakland's 12 yard line without time outs. The clock was killed with a spike.

Instead of kicking the field goal and winning 15-14 the Browns elect to go for a play any Browns fan despises: "Red Right 88". When Brian Sipe stepped back to pass his arm was moving forward OBVIOUSLY and he was hit from behind causing the ball to come loose and travel low to the end zone where it was eventually picked off. I would say Oakland had it's break with that call too, especially since they won and ended up winning the superbowl that year, with Cleveland being the only team that could challenge them.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote by Ray Rules

Arizona(20) at Atlanta(31)
    Dallas(14) at Tennessee(21)
    Indianapolis(21) at N.Y. Jets(17)
    Miami(13) at Houston(7)
    Minnesota(24) at Buffalo(10)
    New Orleans(17) at Carolina(20)(OT)
    San Diego(31) at Baltimore(3)
    San Francisco(14) at Kansas City(27)
    Detroit(20) at St. Louis(17)
    Cleveland(23) at Oakland(7)
    Jacksonville(27) at Washington(13)
    New England(24) at Cincinnati(21)(OT)
    Seattle(16) at Chicago(19)(OT)

Biggest surprise so far this year: The Jets are not as bad as I thought they would be. They gave the Patriots a run for their money a couple games ago, even after my especially rude and insulting comment about them. They gave the Colts a run for their money too.
    --Benjamin Franklin

[ QUOTE ]
    Biggest surprise so far this year: The Jets are not as bad as I thought they would be. They gave the Patriots a run for their money a couple games ago, even after my especially rude and insulting comment about them. They gave the Colts a run for their money too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It DOES NOT surprise me that the Jets are going strong, they play in the AFC, in perhaps the AFC's STRONGEST division. But most of all they have Eric Mangini as their coach, who as you know is a disciple of Bill Belichick's system.

I find it hysterical how many people went for the Bengals in that game.

The Patriots HAVE NOT lost back to back games since December of 2002(53 games), they are NOW 13-0 since then. Not to mention the Patriots play best when no one expects them too, so I say keep them as underdogs.

I cant believe I am 7-6 so far this week, ugh.

My division winning picks:

Bills
    Ravens
    Colts
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Bears
    Atlanta
    Seattle

I find it amazing how many people are STILL picking the Ravens and Falcons to win their respective divisions.

Is it because your a BillsFan, or do you really think the Bills are gonna win the division? They would have to stop a 5 game and 10 of the last 11 game losing streak against New England to do so.

I picked the Bills because i am a die hard Bills fan and because i do think they have a shot at winning the division. We almost beat the Patriots on their own very own turf so I think we have a shot at squeaking out a win in Ralph Wilson Stadium as we always play better at home than on the road. As for the Jets, i think that they have a better shot at winning the division than New England does so I actually fear them more. However, with the way Buffalo has been playing so far, i cant help but pick them as they honestly in my mind do have a shot. They beat one very good football team in the Vikings and stayed in pretty close matches with the Patriots and Jets so the Bills are not a bad team at all.

Now Miami, they are a horrible team. I cannot help but laugh at the fact that they picked up Mularkey to be their offensive coordinator. The problem the Bills once had is now theres and its very fun to watch teams beat up on Miamis poor offense.

I will admit I was nervous against the Bills, I mean they're up 7-0 12 seconds into the game. But like always the Patriots find a way to win, sometimes unconventional.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

No matter what, as long as Belichick and Brady are with the team they will be in contention for ATLEAST 10 wins, a division crown and maybe a conference title.

Who could deny that the Patriots are THE team of the last 10 years. They had the BEST two year overall record in the past 80 years, indentical 17-2 marks, obviously culminating into superbowl victories. The longest winning streak at 21 games, the first 12 came WITHOUT 42 starters.

Plus I have watched every superbowl since Miami beat Washington 14-7 in Superbowl 7 and I have yet to see one more exciting and nail-biting than the first two Patriots SB WINS!

The only ones that could compare are the two between San Francisco and Cincinnati(especially the second one), Pittsburgh verses Minnesota in 9 AND Denver verses Green Bay in SB 32

Yeah, Bills, Ravens, Jets, and the Saints are going to have a better record this year.

Quote by Ray Rules

Holy ****, Denver win

Quote by Ray Rules