Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Wheels have you given Forbidden another spin?
    Sorry mate, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Sorry mate, not yet.
    Go in open minded , think of the state of their existence at the time of recording .... and then think of what they actually pulled off ....

1. "The Illusion of Power" - Fantastic track! Brilliant riff ....

2. "Get a Grip" - Incredible flow ,, such a compelling kick in at the end of Illusion ....

3. "Can't Get Close Enough" - Total Sab!!

4. "Shaking Off the Chains" - Again , incredible riffing! Love the drums , bass and vocals .... love!

5. "I Won't Cry for You" - One of the best vocal tracks in Sab's history ....

6. "Guilty as Hell" - Great track ...

7. "Sick and Tired" - Solo straight from 75/76 !

8. "Rusty Angels" - In it's own way , one of Black Sabbath's finest moments EVER! ... Tony Martin nails that mid section - My goodness ,, and what a friggin solo!

9. "Forbidden" - Chorus is just too good , beautiful ...

10. "Kiss of Death" - MASTERPIECE , the 5th best closing track Sabbath ever wrote ...

11. "Loser Gets It All - Excellent riff! Fantastic drumming ...

.... NM bass on this album is gorgeously played.

@Wheels , looking forward to your thoughts ,, Forbidden is a very raw thrown together offering , reminiscent of Sabbath's Debut in "idea" and "scenario" ...

ENJOY!

The Illusion Of Power never gets old, such a good song \m/

Sorry mate, not yet.
    I know it's not at the top of your priority list, but when you do listen to it, let us know your thoughts on it, if they have changed.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I'm curious about the difference of the remixed version of this album. The sound is a bit thin on Forbidden, espescially the drum sound is not so heavy but, comparing to the full-of-reverb drum sound on Headless Cross for example, the sound is more natural and not so dated while on Headless Cross, it smells like 80's spirit.

I cannot imagine how different will it sound after the remix but, i don't have any problem with the sound to be honest. Indeed, the things are natural, not so many chorusy stuff on vocals, it feels more natural without many studio effects.

And songwise, is not so bad either. The "Rap Sabbath" term is pure bullsh*t and it was one of the reasons why this album tanked on sales.

It is a great album, i'm waiting for the remixed version. Until then, lets enjoy the existing one.....

Quote Originally Posted by tsimisde View Post
    I'm curious about the difference of the remixed version of this album. The sound is a bit thin on Forbidden, espescially the drum sound is not so heavy but, comparing to the full-of-reverb drum sound on Headless Cross for example, the sound is more natural and not so dated while on Headless Cross, it smells like 80's spirit.

I cannot imagine how different will it sound after the remix but, i don't have any problem with the sound to be honest. Indeed, the things are natural, not so many chorusy stuff on vocals, it feels more natural without many studio effects.

And songwise, is not so bad either. The "Rap Sabbath" term is pure bullsh*t and it was one of the reasons why this album tanked on sales.

It is a great album, i'm waiting for the remixed version. Until then, lets enjoy the existing one.....
    I like this album a lot, I also can't wait for the new remixed album, though I never had a problem with it's sound.

That was one of the turn offs with me when Forbidden came out, Ice-T, only because I was biased against rap and Ice-T performing on the album.

Now I love the album and Illusion Of Power is one of my favorites on the album and it has one of the coolest and best album covers.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

tsimisde (09-01-2019)

I know it's not at the top of your priority list, but when you do listen to it, let us know your thoughts on it, if they have changed.
    Sorry for the suspense, but I only have a digital copy these days and my car stereo doesn't accept burnt cd s.
    Waiting for the perfect storm where I can crank it via my wife's laptop and the entertainment unit...I don't want to give it a half ass hearing(s).

Sorry for the suspense, but I only have a digital copy these days and my car stereo doesn't accept burnt cd s.
    Waiting for the perfect storm where I can crank it via my wife's laptop and the entertainment unit...I don't want to give it a half ass hearing(s).
    That's understandable Wheels.

I like this album a lot, I also can't wait for the new remixed album, though I never had a problem with it's sound.

That was one of the turn offs with me when Forbidden came out, Ice-T, only because I was biased against rap and Ice-T performing on the album.

Now I love the album and Illusion Of Power is one of my favorites on the album and it has one of the coolest and best album covers.
    Really??!! I always felt that the album cover was terrible and one of the main reasons why the album got so (unfairly) slated?

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Really??!! I always felt that the album cover was terrible and one of the main reasons why the album got so (unfairly) slated?
    Well, the cover IS terrible. The reaper-dude looks cool but everything else is just... I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ala View Post
    Well, the cover IS terrible. The reaper-dude looks cool but everything else is just... I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post

One of Sabbath's most iconic "underground following" album covers of all time ,, and a straight up excellent cover all around ... love it!

The color scheme just pops! And works! ... The reaper from the "Kiss Of Death" demonic cauldron - taking our band into the fire ,,,, "Every lie that you tell you get closer Closer to the edge of the Cauldron and in to the fire, yeah Every life you destroy will return, it will come back and haunt you For ever and ever"

The vinyl cover is friggin GORGEOUS , The Japanese import is just beautiful!

.... and then the obvious brilliance with Iommi (and guitar) Murray (with bass) Nicholls (with keyboard) Martin (with Cat, TONY THE CAT MARTIN) Cozy (on motorcycle , a avid motorcycle man in the REAL world), Ice T (bandana), and Ernie C (shades and backward ballcap) and then ALL "the Unknown" .....

GREAT friggin ALBUM COVER!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BACK TO EDEN For This Useful Post:

ronn (09-17-2019)

Great info Doc \m/

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    One of Sabbath's most iconic "underground following" album covers of all time ,, and a straight up excellent cover all around ... love it!

The color scheme just pops! And works! ... The reaper from the "Kiss Of Death" demonic cauldron - taking our band into the fire ,,,, "Every lie that you tell you get closer Closer to the edge of the Cauldron and in to the fire, yeah Every life you destroy will return, it will come back and haunt you For ever and ever"

The vinyl cover is friggin GORGEOUS , The Japanese import is just beautiful!

.... and then the obvious brilliance with Iommi (and guitar) Murray (with bass) Nicholls (with keyboard) Martin (with Cat, TONY THE CAT MARTIN) Cozy (on motorcycle , a avid motorcycle man in the REAL world), Ice T (bandana), and Ernie C (shades and backward ballcap) and then ALL "the Unknown" .....

GREAT friggin ALBUM COVER!!
    Great album and cover, I truly don't know how anyone can say it's Sabbath's worst.

Quote Originally Posted by ronn View Post
    Great info Doc \m/
    Ronn, buddy always good to hear from you, hope you are well my friend.