Default no more ozzyhead.com!

Default Re: no more ozzyhead.com!

I'm speachless....

Me too, sad to see such a dependable info site about someone go. Hopefully he changes his mind.

This guy sounds like a real jerk. He runs an Ozzy fan website for 11 years, spends thousands in merchandise and concert tickets, meets Ozzy countless times, then thinks he won't get into heaven if he runs the site any longer?

When first reading it, I was expecting him to say he couldn't afford the cost of maintaining the website, which would have been a respectable and understandable reason. Religion is no reason to shut down a website as great as ozzyhead.com

edit: he also has no problem selling shirts with Ozzy's name and face on them

Originally Posted By: Petoria000 This guy sounds like a real jerk. He runs an Ozzy fan website for 11 years, spends thousands in merchandise and concert tickets, meets Ozzy countless times, then thinks he won't get into heaven if he runs the site any longer?

When first reading it, I was expecting him to say he couldn't afford the cost of maintaining the website, which would have been a respectable and understandable reason. Religion is no reason to shut down a website as great as ozzyhead.com

edit: he also has no problem selling shirts with Ozzy's name and face on them
    He never says that he feels guilty about the site, just that he's moving on. I think you're reading into his statement that he relates the site to his own salvation. It might just be that he wants to do other things. He certainly isn't laying a guilt trip on anyone.

I loved that site. It's a shame to see it go.

Originally Posted By: Petoria000 This guy sounds like a real jerk. He runs an Ozzy fan website for 11 years, spends thousands in merchandise and concert tickets, meets Ozzy countless times, then thinks he won't get into heaven if he runs the site any longer?

Religion is no reason to shut down a website as great as ozzyhead.com
    So fucking what? it's his site, and his life. If he wants to shut it down cos his dog is shitting on the carpet he has the right to do so. There's people who take their religion very seriously, you know?
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Sorry to see it go. But nothing lasts forever.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Originally Posted By: David86 If he wants to shut it down cos his dog is shitting on the carpet he has the right to do so.
    Hell, people get divorced for less! Life goes on. I hope this inspires other people to take up the torch and do their own sites! Same thing happened about a year ago with the main Pentagram fan site, a shame, but that's life.

All the best,
    PAULIE

Originally Posted By: David86

So fucking what? it's his site, and his life. If he wants to shut it down cos his dog is shitting on the carpet he has the right to do so. There's people who take their religion very seriously, you know?
    I suppose.

Just sounds like a cop-out to me.

he is still into ozzy and sabbs becuase he did ask about something very rare that I have

Originally Posted By: ComputerGod I loved that site. It's a shame to see it go.
    Ditto.

Originally Posted By: David86

well put David. As disapointing as this is, he has every right to shut it down. I just hope this site never shuts down, as its part of my daily visiting list
    -rar

Shit that was the best Ozzy site on the net. There were some great pics and stuff that you can't get anywhere else. I don't think religion has anything to do with running an Ozzy site. It just sounds like an excuse not to run it anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like that to me. And petoria is right,he has no problem selling shirts with Ozzy's face and name on them. I guess we lost another person to those crazy sects like the one he had a link to.

Awwww man!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that site and devoted fan too. I've seen pics of Mitch's room and has nothing of bootlegs and shirts. And what of a colection too. This was the site to go to get away from all the Ozzy bashings and now no more!!!!
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Originally Posted By: soonerfan28 Shit that was the best Ozzy site on the net. There were some great pics and stuff that you can't get anywhere else. I don't think religion has anything to do with running an Ozzy site. It just sounds like an excuse not to run it anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like that to me. And petoria is right,he has no problem selling shirts with Ozzy's face and name on them. I guess we lost another person to those crazy sects like the one he had a link to.
    some people go into religion very seriously. He didn't say it was because of his religious beliefs, it sounded more like it would get in the way of following his religion. more of a schedule clearing up thing than a beliefs thing. I'm sure if he's the leader of an Ozzy fansite he knows that doing so isn't going against his religion. don't start bashing the guy because he doesn't feel like running a site anymore, honestly, imagine yourself in his shoes
    -rar

Well yeah rar is right. Look at this board, everyday nonstop someone has to bash Ozzy right there and right here because of Sharons crap. I have religous beliefs and I am a metal head. If people actually look at their post about Ozzy then yeah you put yourself in Mitchs shoes.
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

I have read this thread and thought about what to say after listening and dusting off my No Rest For The Wicked cd. Like everyone has said, it's quite a shame for this to happen. I myself actually forgotten about this site after a while, and then to hear that it's getting closed down, really makes me think on how I didn't go there often. He had a lot of good stuff, one particular being the Conan O'Brian Clip where Ozzy was a guest. That was my favorite bit, and now I'm probably not going to able to watch it again, well, at his site anyway. May the site Ozzyhead.com RIP.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

That's a shame. This site was an endless source of Ozzy infos and pics. I wish he would have said it before shuting the thing down so I could pick what I needed while it was still there...
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies dont use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of Dehumanizer.
    "Black Sabbath : la Bte venue de Birmingham"

Whats the point of bashing people?

The lad was nice enough to give us a reason, which he DID NOT HAVE TO, leave it at that.

I just hope he remains well and decides changes his mind because his site was second to none when it came to Ozzy. Resorceful and very insightful.

Fenholt and the boys got him! That's a shame...

I hadn't visited the site in quite some time, as I'm not particularly interested in Ozzy's current antics, but when I was first getting into his solo career, it was a great resource.

Originally Posted By: Psychophobia Fenholt and the boys got him!
    Hahahaha

Seriously though, I can respect the guy's decision. This was a privately-run site, and he decided that he wanted to devote his life to other things. He was basically providing a resource for free, and I think he has the right to discontinue that as he wishes.

STILL...it would be nice if he just handed the site over to some other fan who could then continue to maintain it. No sense in completely throwing away a good resource, I say.

Originally Posted By: Bill M I can respect the guy's decision. This was a privately-run site, and he decided that he wanted to devote his life to other things. He was basically providing a resource for free, and I think he has the right to discontinue that as he wishes.
    I think we tend to forget (Or not know at all), how much time and effort goes into running a website, Let alone a kick ass website like the one Mitch ran. I think he should be commended for the wonderful site he provided for free, and the courtesy he showed in letting us know he'd be moving on to other things.

Thanks Mitch!!
    We dont see things as they are; we see them as we are.

put in a bid to take it over ....least everyone knows Ozzy exsist more than can be said for the bloke in the sky with the white beard !!

Originally Posted By: crackedactor put in a bid to take it over ....least everyone knows Ozzy exsist more than can be said for the bloke in the sky with the white beard !!
    Ah, but the bloke with the white beard knows we exist which is more than can be said of Ozzy. Now, Dio, on the other hand knows all...

This is a great shame but as someone else said it's his site and he can do what he wants, he doesn't have to answer to anyone. He put alot of hard work in running a free site, I'd just like to wish him well. My only fear is we may get some of the dumb asses from the Ozzyhead forum who believe me we don't need here clogging the threads with pointless drivel.

"But now, the time has come for me to move on."

Sounds fair enough to me. Nothing ever lasts forever, remember that. One day this site will close down too.
    >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
    YR CPTIN SPEKING
    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Originally Posted By: Gardener That's a shame. This site was an endless source of Ozzy infos and pics. I wish he would have said it before shuting the thing down so I could pick what I needed while it was still there...
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
    -rar

Originally Posted By: Ady "But now, the time has come for me to move on."

Sounds fair enough to me. Nothing ever lasts forever, remember that. One day this site will close down too.
    Fair enough......sounds as like he's been born again.....maybe he'll run for the white house....

Well, I think that now, If Joe decides to close his close, we will have to set up a trip to Texas, and get him drunk and convince him to come back I can't live withouth this board!
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

same!!!
    -rar

I would make my very last post on this site while drinking by that time it does, all I got to say.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss