Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Ozzy's Black Rain

surfed over to Ozzy.com and there are clips of the new songs, not much info although the first single drops sometime this month.

Default Re: New Ozzy Album

Yeah I know I went ot ozzy.com a few days ago...and Im really liking the clips!!!

For those who want to hear samples from Ozzy new album go to the news page where Joe posted some samples and info of the new album. The Title of the new album is called "Black Rain"
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Banned

I wonder if he's gonna be able to match the three new songs Sabbath did with Ronnie though...but still I will be getting this one.

He has quite a massive tour ahead as well...I wonder how long will his voice last...

Banned

Originally Posted By: Charger I wonder if he's gonna be able to match the three new songs Sabbath did with Ronnie though...but still I will be getting this one.

He has quite a massive tour ahead as well...I wonder how long will his voice last...

No way his voice is shot ! Why bother with this solo shit anyway they would kill with a new BS cd !

blabbermouth.net has short clips of each song on the new album and info about it...check it out

I found this , if its of any use ?

Ozzy Osborne has released details of his long awaited new solo album. ‘Black Rain’ will be released on May 22 via Epic and features the songs "I Don't Wanna Stop", "Not Going Away", "Thank God For The Almighty Dollar", "Civilize The Universe", "Black Rain", "Countdown's Begun", "Trap Door" "Here For You" and "Lay Your World On Me."

The album was co-produced by Ozzy and Kevin Churko. Says the singer "It's a well-put together album. I think it's evident that it hasn't been just slapped out and put down. I took my time on the album and Zakk [Wylde (guitar)] plays some amazing stuff as always."

Follow the links below to hear some samples from the album:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=46391

The clips do sound very promising. Maybe it took the Dio reunion to light a fire under Ozzy's arse, but whatever the reason, I'm now really looking forward to this album!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

I always look forward to whatever Ozzy puts out, just out of sheer curiosity. There's always a lost gem or two!
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

I heard rumors floating around the internet that Ozzy is playing three new songs off his album at the Rock Honors in May!!! I got to find out if this is true
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Hey I want to have this new picture of Ozzy with the hat!!! go to http://www.ozzy.com and you will understand wich one lol Can somebody send it there for me??

Hey I want to have this new picture of Ozzy with the hat!!! go to http://www.ozzy.com and you will understand wich one lol Can somebody send it there for me??

Checked out those metalhammer interviews with Ozzy and Zakk, its seems like these two have really put together an album that they beleive is worthy of Diary or No more tears calibre, samples sound great.

I read on a forum post that Ozzy has been off those awful meds his prevoius quake had him on during the Osbournes tv show, for 2 years now and he actually does sound better we he speaks, at least you can make out what he is saying, this is a good thing.

He does mention in an interview that he would love to eventualy put out a Sabbath album with the boys, again sounds promising?

As a 35 plus year fan of the sabs, 2007 is by far one of the highlights with the Heaven and Hell tour, New Ozzy album, Ozzfest and possibly a new original Sabbath album.

Lets wait and see

Default new ozzy, "I don't wanna stop"

I heard the new ozzy single on the radio a few times today, i have to say although it's always great to hear new ozzy, this one seems to really lack. i'm not that impressed, the song is so heavily edited, his voice is enhanced way too much. just my opinion, anybody out there have a different opinion?

I'm just listening to the new single and it's not absolutely that great song!

Default Re: new ozzy, "I don't wanna stop"

I thought it was pretty tame. The riff is unimaginative to say the least. The lyrics are a throwaway. The most irritating part though, is the drums! They sound like something out of a disco song. I've never been a fan of Mike Bordin, but goddamn! Awful stuff. Overall though, it just sounds too polished (pro tools anyone?) for an Ozzy tune. At least the solo is decent.

I thought the song wasn't that good. The chorus is kinda catchy and the solo is decent, but everthing else was pretty bad. Maybe it will grow on me.

Well I just heard it and...

It was PRETTY good. Not fantastic. I liked all of the "music" but the chorus is just horrible. Its really the most awful thing I've ever heard Ozzy sing. It sounds like it was written for Christina Aguilera instead of one of the founding fathers of metal.

I didn't hate it! Not great, no "WOW" feeling at all, but tolerable. Al least I prefer Ozzy to Zakk's Ozzy-like singing, so I like this much more than BLS. It is certainly overproduced, but I would say the solo is excellent, and in addition I've always loved Zakk's "pinchs" on his riffs. Conclusion: pretty decent to me.

Well I have now listened to I dont wanna stop 4 times, once on the radio and 3 on Ozzy.com.

Its a solid track with a good riff, yeah Ozzy's vocals are a bit muffled for effect, however in regards to Pro Tools lets just say I dont know of any other band out there today who is not using them to some extent.

Zakk is Zakk with a great solo and Mike and Blasko are tight, yes maybe a little over drummed but effective.

Overall its catchy and thats what the intent should be on a lead off single so for that it gets a 7 out of 10.

just my opinion, what do you think?

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz I heard rumors floating around the internet that Ozzy is playing three new songs off his album at the Rock Honors in May!!! I got to find out if this is true
    I read its 3 songs, including 1 from Black Rain.

Source: Blabbermouth

Yes is kinda Catchy but sounds too modern for my ears...Not a bad song, but I would have liked to listen something more classic and different.

After a second listen I actually think it's good, but not fantastic.

meh, i hated the chorus but the song as a whole has a pretty good heaviness and beat/vibe to it. i seriously hope the rest of the album is better tho.

The song sounds to me like,The Kinks, its the way Ozzy approaches the song.But theres nothing great about the song.Its an ok song.We should expect one or two tracks to be a cold but I expect the rest of the stuff to be good.

IMHO Ozzy needs to refresh his Line Up!!! I don't Like Zakk's songwriting anymore ...he should have Jake E Lee and Bob Daisley back and let' em write some material for him and give him the credits they deserve (not like the BATM album). It would be a dream to have anew classic, bluesy, hard rockin' Ozzy Album and not very moor, modern, and full of effects songs like the new single!!!

Sorry but That's my opinion.

I think 'I Don't Wanna Stop' is an OK song, quite catchy, but the production is just horrible. Ozzy's voice is under too many effects, and the drums sound like something from a Marilyn Manson song. Too much stuff on this track, I would have preferred a more traditional sound. Also, Zakk Wylde's guitar squeals are very annoying in the chorus.
    Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Banned

The single is on Ozzy's myspace site.It is in the full.

Am a Fanatic OZZFAN and i think I Don't Want To Stop his a pretty good song.Yes the song look likes a MM song cause Blasko help Ozzy that a reason but i very like the song.

Banned

I Don't Wanna Stop is not a bad song at all...but miles away from any of the three new songs on The Dio Years...they were all kind of classic sounding, but Ozzy is going maybe a bit too modern indeed... It was already present on DtA...but still I'll be getting this album too ofcourse...but I won't bother with the tour.

??? Shouldn't this be under Side, Solo and Related Bands instead of the Ozzy era?

I preordered his album on Friday and I can't wait to get it! The album art looks awesome, too. They should make a shirt or something with it on there. Also, if you get his new album, there is a code on the inside of the cd case so you can get Ozzfest tickets 4 days before the other people who don't get the album.

Originally Posted By: rideon77 IMHO Ozzy needs to refresh his Line Up!!! I don't Like Zakk's songwriting anymore ...he should have Jake E Lee and Bob Daisley back and let' em write some material for him and give him the credits they deserve (not like the BATM album). It would be a dream to have anew classic, bluesy, hard rockin' Ozzy Album and not very moor, modern, and full of effects songs like the new single!!!

I think the same. Zakk's chops are 100% in top shape, but his songwriting style is very boring to me at this point -- I personally cannot stand BLS! And IMHO Ozzy shouldn't record any new album at all. So, still wondering why the single sounds so "doctored"? Because Ozzy's not even able to sing anymore! No need to say now my expectations about the new album are not high -- but that's probably good, as I might still like it!

Originally Posted By: rideon77 IMHO Ozzy needs to refresh his Line Up!!! I don't Like Zakk's songwriting anymore ...he should have Jake E Lee and Bob Daisley back and let' em write some material for him and give him the credits they deserve (not like the BATM album). It would be a dream to have anew classic, bluesy, hard rockin' Ozzy Album and not very moor, modern, and full of effects songs like the new single!!!

That's a very fine opinion!

Put Carmine Appice on the drums and you got best ozzy band together since '83. Too bad Don Airey is in DP.

On BATM all song credits states "Ozzy Osbourne".
    I wish I would have been there to see Ozzy grabbing guitar from Jake and telling him "in the end of Bark at the Moon, play a solo like THIS!"

Originally Posted By: Iznogoud
    On BATM all song credits states "Ozzy Osbourne".
    I wish I would have been there to see Ozzy grabbing guitar from Jake and telling him "in the end of Bark at the Moon, play a solo like THIS!"
    LMAO!!

Sounds okay, may grow on me, though the lyrics are abit predictable and Ozzy has sung these type of lyrics on every album.
    It's gonna sound well produced as Ozzy's voice just isn't what it used to be.

I am one of the biggest ozzy fans, and I love it! It's great to hear new Ozzy since a LONG time ago. I can't wait for the album to surface and i've already pre-ordered it.
    7/22/04 - Nashville,TN
    9/2/05 - Charlotte,NC
    5/18/07 - Baltimore, MD
    8/16/08 - Pittsburgh,PA

Default Black Rain cover art?

Hi, I havn't posted here since about 10 months ago. I proboly won't start to post on regular basis again, but since I caught this I just had to post it (wanted to be the first).

Is this maybe the new cover art to Ozzy's album, Black Rain:

I found it on the swedish webshop for CD:s, were you can pre-order it ( CDON.com ). Is it real? I dunno.

<u>Yes, it's real, cuz:</u>
    The title was made official just a few days ago, and it looks quite well made (with the black rain on Ozzy etc). No one would have had the time to make it at home.

<u>No, it's fake, cuz:</u>
    I havn't seen this anywhere else. It's not on Joe's site, and not on Ozzy's. It isn't even on the Sony Music site, where you can book it. I have only found it on this Swedish site, and why would they be the first ones to publish the artwork?

So, what do you think. I think it may be the real one.
    And how does it look? I'm divided. I like the idea, but it looks to computer generated for me. A little to much.

Default Re: Black Rain cover art?

Hey Nibby! Been a while!!

I think that one looks pretty cool. Real? Dunno. We'll have to wait and see.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Default Re: Black Rain cover art?

Hey Nibby, long time no see

I think that is the real Deal, I dunno I will keep looking

Quote by Ray Rules