Default Ozzy says this may be the last Ozzfest

Blabbermouth is reporting Ozzy as saying this may be the last year for Ozzfest?

I know he has stated this in the past but could this be part of the 40th year commitment to Black Sabbath?

Ozzy has stated in the past that the festival takes a toll on him and yeah last year he did not headline, judging by the fact that he ahs also said he does not want to be doing this stuff when he is 65, I think he is serious about the Sabbath project.

Let me know your thoughts and please no crap about Ozzy vs Dio or he can't sing or Sharon blah blah blah etc.

Default Ozzy says this may be the last Ozzfest

Blabbermouth is reporting Ozzy as saying this may be the last year for Ozzfest?

I know he has stated this in the past but could this be part of the 40th year commitment to Black Sabbath?

Ozzy has stated in the past that the festival takes a toll on him and yeah last year he did not headline, judging by the fact that he ahs also said he does not want to be doing this stuff when he is 65, I think he is serious about the Sabbath project.

Let me know your thoughts and please no crap about Ozzy vs Dio or he can't sing or Sharon blah blah blah etc.

Default Re: Ozzy says this may be the last Ozzfest

well maybe the drug/alchol haze is being drained from his head and he now realizes he cant go on for ever and just wants to end the Ozzy era on a high note. that would be great and then leave the rest of the guys to do Dio/Tony Martin era stuff afterwards it would be a great show and cd

well maybe the drug/alchol haze is being drained from his head and he now realizes he cant go on for ever and just wants to end the Ozzy era on a high note. that would be great and then leave the rest of the guys to do Dio/Tony Martin era stuff afterwards it would be a great show and cd

That may be possible however Tony, Geezer and Ronnie have other projects and record companys looking for those releases as well.

I think that Tony will move on to solo stuff as will Geezer, and I do not beleive Tony would want to carry on with Black Sabbath again kinda like been there done that, there legacy will live on and as I have mentioned before this year and hopefully 08 and 09 will be a great send off.

That may be possible however Tony, Geezer and Ronnie have other projects and record companys looking for those releases as well.

I think that Tony will move on to solo stuff as will Geezer, and I do not beleive Tony would want to carry on with Black Sabbath again kinda like been there done that, there legacy will live on and as I have mentioned before this year and hopefully 08 and 09 will be a great send off.

Ozzy stated that the allergies are getting the best of him in the outdoor gigs. He knows the fans will be dissapointed if Ozzfest was indoors. I think thats why he might quit the Ozzfest. Also I think he is intrested in a new Sabbath album, who knows
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Ozzy stated that the allergies are getting the best of him in the outdoor gigs. He knows the fans will be dissapointed if Ozzfest was indoors. I think thats why he might quit the Ozzfest. Also I think he is intrested in a new Sabbath album, who knows
    Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Banned

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz Ozzy stated that the allergies are getting the best of him in the outdoor gigs. He knows the fans will be dissapointed if Ozzfest was indoors. I think thats why he might quit the Ozzfest. Also I think he is intrested in a new Sabbath album, who knows

Marc dont want to argue but look below your post

"If you listen to FOOLS"

Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol
    Originally Posted By: MarcStitz Ozzy stated that the allergies are getting the best of him in the outdoor gigs. He knows the fans will be dissapointed if Ozzfest was indoors. I think thats why he might quit the Ozzfest. Also I think he is intrested in a new Sabbath album, who knows

"If you listen to FOOLS"

Hey Im just going by what Ozzy said, if he told the truth, shame on you. If he was lying, shame on me. If you want argue with someone, start an argue with Ozzy. Im sure you wanna share your strong opinions with him

Quote by Ray Rules

"If you listen to FOOLS"

Hey Im just going by what Ozzy said, if he told the truth, shame on you. If he was lying, shame on me. If you want argue with someone, start an argue with Ozzy. Im sure you wanna share your strong opinions with him

Quote by Ray Rules

P.S. Nice pic of Cozy

Quote by Ray Rules

P.S. Nice pic of Cozy

Quote by Ray Rules

I would hate to see Ozzfest w/o Ozzy but I understand he can't do it forever. I hope Ozzy can go back into the studio w/ Bill,Tony,Geezer and release one more Black Sabbath CD, and end it w/ a killer tour
    7/22/04 - Nashville,TN
    9/2/05 - Charlotte,NC
    5/18/07 - Baltimore, MD
    8/16/08 - Pittsburgh,PA

I would hate to see Ozzfest w/o Ozzy but I understand he can't do it forever. I hope Ozzy can go back into the studio w/ Bill,Tony,Geezer and release one more Black Sabbath CD, and end it w/ a killer tour
    7/22/04 - Nashville,TN
    9/2/05 - Charlotte,NC
    5/18/07 - Baltimore, MD
    8/16/08 - Pittsburgh,PA

I don't know if it's just me, but didn't he say this two years ago?

I don't know if it's just me, but didn't he say this two years ago?

well with Ozzy it is more like the soap opera As the Ozzy Turns until we see something all we can do is speculate. but that is fun and keeps us talking about him Black Sabbath and overall general interest in his music. now i saw the non Ozzy ozzfest last year and it was a good value for the $40 ticket i had. my onbly proplem is the bands played just 3-6 songs and movied very fast all day.

well with Ozzy it is more like the soap opera As the Ozzy Turns until we see something all we can do is speculate. but that is fun and keeps us talking about him Black Sabbath and overall general interest in his music. now i saw the non Ozzy ozzfest last year and it was a good value for the $40 ticket i had. my onbly proplem is the bands played just 3-6 songs and movied very fast all day.

Ozzy Finishes Ozzfest (also a tour for the new cd)
    Go In Studio With Sabbath
    Do a tour
    Retire
    and live the life you wanted to all these years
    Sabbath go back out on tour with Dio,Martin Or a new singer (that would be awsome)
    and everyone is happy..i would
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Ozzy Finishes Ozzfest (also a tour for the new cd)
    Do a tour
    Retire
    Sabbath go back out on tour with Dio,Martin Or a new singer (that would be awsome)
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

The thing is Ozzy is living the life he wants to. There is nothing making him do what he is doin besides himself.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thats for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Banned

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz

"If you listen to FOOLS"

I would love to got a phone # or email !

Banned

Originally Posted By: TheHolyDiver Ozzy Finishes Ozzfest (also a tour for the new cd)
    Do a tour
    Retire

I second this post i would also like that very much !

Anyway... nothing else matters because I, ME, MOI HAVE A CODE FOR THE OZZFEST lol No seriously, if Blabbermouth is right (wich I don't really trust everytime) we cannot lose this oppotunity to see Ozzy live for maybe the last time (for me the first... snif ) I will come from Quebec, Canada to see him in Holmdel NJ! And you guys? Wich city you chose?

Banned

Originally Posted By: sabracadabra Anyway... nothing else matters because I, ME, MOI HAVE A CODE FOR THE OZZFEST lol No seriously, if Blabbermouth is right (wich I don't really trust everytime) we cannot lose this oppotunity to see Ozzy live for maybe the last time (for me the first... snif ) I will come from Quebec, Canada to see him in Holmdel NJ! And you guys? Wich city you chose?

Sorry i refuse to go !

In 1993 Ozzy was officially retired. He went home and did what he wanted to do - be a father. He spent time with his family, and bought various toys such as motorcycles, guns and night vision goggles (to see animals running at night). It was a whole new lifestyle for the man who had been performing and running wild across stages all across the world for his whole life. And, it proved to be too different. Soon he began longing for the old life, and a short while after retiring, Ozzy decided to put another band together and tour again.
    >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
    YR CPTIN SPEKING
    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Originally Posted By: TheHolyDiver Ozzy Finishes Ozzfest (also a tour for the new cd)
    Do a tour
    Retire

I second this post i would also like that very much !
    Moi trois!

Originally Posted By: sabracadabra Anyway... nothing else matters because I, ME, MOI HAVE A CODE FOR THE OZZFEST lol No seriously, if Blabbermouth is right (wich I don't really trust everytime) we cannot lose this oppotunity to see Ozzy live for maybe the last time (for me the first... snif ) I will come from Quebec, Canada to see him in Holmdel NJ! And you guys? Wich city you chose?
    I'll be there. We should meet up.

I highly doubt this...

Ozzy said he was going to retire 15 years ago.. and he's still going

Ozzy said he would never rejoin Sabbath... and he did.

There's no way this is the end. I don't believe a word.

If this is truly the last Ozzfest, it's sure going out with a whimper. The band list gets lamer by the day.

Anyway, if they were planning for this to be the final Ozzfest, you'd better believe they'd be publicizing the hell out of that fact in order to increase attendance. Since they're not, I'm sure it will continue.

Prez, Ozzfest isn't going anywhere. The thread is about it being Ozzy's last Ozzfest, which I wouldn't mind seeing. I'd much rather pay for a cheaper ticket to see Ozzy/Sabbath and an opening band or two.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thats for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man I'd much rather pay for a cheaper ticket to see Ozzy/Sabbath and an opening band or two.
    I agree 100%

...NEWS FLASH...This just in...

...Everyone beieves what they read on the internet...

...It's true because I read it on Blabbermouth...

...Idiots continue to hash about the same dead topics...

...People who have never met Ozzy (and never will) claim that they know what he is thinking and planning...
    Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Prez, Ozzfest isn't going anywhere. The thread is about it being Ozzy's last Ozzfest, which I wouldn't mind seeing. I'd much rather pay for a cheaper ticket to see Ozzy/Sabbath and an opening band or two.
    My mistake, goes to show what happens when you neglect to read all the posts in a thread before posting...