Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,040 of 6104

Me and Mrs have bought a set of Abba cds from a big supermarket. More for her than me. Cost 18 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Me and Mrs have bought a set of Abba cds from a big supermarket. More for her than me. Cost 18 quid.
    Gotta love Abba. Some of that stuff is dark. Must be the long, cold, dark Swedish winters ...
    Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MJD2013 For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    I've always liked ABBA, since I was a kid, my brothers grew up during the Disco era, so I got to see all the bell bottom pants and platform shoes, lol.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzyIsDio For This Useful Post:

CraigSabbath (12-21-2018)

Bought these used today at The Princeton Record Exchange:

Suicidal Tendencies___________Exodus-Bonded By Blood_____________Spinal-Tap-Break Like The Wind__Led Zep-How The West Was Won
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
    Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
    Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
    Iced Earth - Horror Show

Bought me some Rush albums, 2112 is a great album, so I said to myself let me try some others.

Rush-(Debut)_________________Rush-Caress Of Steel__________Rush-Hemispheres____________Rush-Grace Under Pressure____

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Bought me some Rush albums, 2112 is a great album, so I said to myself let me try some others.

Rush-(Debut)_________________Rush-Caress Of Steel__________Rush-Hemispheres____________Rush-Grace Under Pressure____
    Excellent choices. Grace Under Pressure is probably my favourite Rush album.
    Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MJD2013 For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-30-2018)

Some Christmas presents...

Black Sabbath - The End (DVD)
    Living Colour - Vivid (2002 reissue)

...and not albums, but still cool...

Bruce Dickinson - What Does This Button Do? autobiography
    And a framed print of the lyrics to Rush's "The Garden"

Quote Originally Posted by MJD2013 View Post
    Thanks MJD2013, I'll have to give them a deeper listen, I'm really liking their debut.

Thanks MJD2013, I'll have to give them a deeper listen, I'm really liking their debut.
    At first listen you might struggle to believe that the band on the first album is the same band as that on "Grace Under Pressure", but if you listen to every Rush album album in order, you can hear the progression and it all makes sense. The biggest jump in sound is probably that between "Hemispheres" (1978) and "Permanent Waves" (1980). I'm a huge Rush fan and I genuinely don't believe that they made any bad albums, although most Rush fans would probably concede that they lost their way somewhat in the early 90s before finding themselves again. And the last album, "Clockwork Angels" (2012), is an incredible way to finish a recording career. In any case, enjoy your Rush journey - I've been on mine for nearly 40 years and I'm still hearing new things with each listen!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MJD2013 For This Useful Post:

OzzyIsDio (12-31-2018)

Opeth - Sorceress
    Jucifer - If Thine Enemy Hunger

At first listen you might struggle to believe that the band on the first album is the same band as that on "Grace Under Pressure", but if you listen to every Rush album album in order, you can hear the progression and it all makes sense. The biggest jump in sound is probably that between "Hemispheres" (1978) and "Permanent Waves" (1980). I'm a huge Rush fan and I genuinely don't believe that they made any bad albums, although most Rush fans would probably concede that they lost their way somewhat in the early 90s before finding themselves again. And the last album, "Clockwork Angels" (2012), is an incredible way to finish a recording career. In any case, enjoy your Rush journey - I've been on mine for nearly 40 years and I'm still hearing new things with each listen!
    Thanks again, I will do that.

Grace Under Pressure is excellent, so far I’m liking it the best out of the ones I bought.

Girlschool- Cant keep a good girl down.

Grace Under Pressure is excellent, so far I’m liking it the best out of the ones I bought.
    Good to hear, OID..!

Grace outside of Sab and The Beatles - is one of the greatest achievements on earth ,, in fact ALL 19 Rush studio releases are friggin brilliant , with the first 10 in a row nearly peerless.

Enjoy buddy!

The Lennon Claypool Delirium - South of Reality (preorder)

Good to hear, OID..!
    Thank you MJD2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Grace outside of Sab and The Beatles - is one of the greatest achievements on earth ,, in fact ALL 19 Rush studio releases are friggin brilliant , with the first 10 in a row nearly peerless.

Enjoy buddy!
    Doc, Grace Under Pressure, while different from the other Rush albums I have, as it's more keyboards and synthesizers orientated, it has a great feel to it.

I'm really only getting into Rush now, and of course no one will ever top Sabbath and no comparison to the Beatles, I've known the Beatles since a little kid even way before Sabbath or anyone else, for that matter except for Elvis.

Adam Sandler - They're All Gonna Laugh At You
    Adam Sandler - What The Hell Happened To Me?
    Adam Sandler - Stan And Judy's Kid
    Iced Earth - The Crucible Of Man:Something Wicked Part 2

Diamond Head - Death And Progress
    Diamond Head - All Will Be Revealed
    Diamond Head - What's in Your Head
    Apollyon Sun - Sub
    Gillan - Triple Trouble (live 81/82)
    Nine Inch Nails - Bad Witch

Witchfinder General-Death Penalty

King Diamond-Songs For The Dead LIVE

Iron Maiden-The X-Factor_______Virtual XI___________________Angel Witch-S/T______________Hawkwind-In Search Of Space

I had never heard Blaze/Maiden, and I must say these two albums are great, liked them on the first listen, also saw the Maiden concert with Blaze on YouTube and the guy is phenomenal, two excellent albums.

Today I'll be listening to the Angel Witch album, which I've heard great stuff about.

Also my first Hawkwind album I purchased, always loved Silver Machine with Lemmy.

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune
    Jimi Hendrix - People, Hell And Angels
    Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides Of The Sky
    Billy F. Gibbons - The Big Bad Blues
    Ted Nugent - The Music Made Me Do It

Should be getting this in the mail today, Witchfinder General-Friends Of Hell

Death Penalty is a great album, like KennyZ said.

The Blaze Bailey/Maiden albums are superb, I have to say those are the two albums I have enjoyed listening to the most, never had heard the Blaze albums before, glad I bought them, Blaze is phenomenal and in a way brought something refreshing back to Maiden that had been lacking with Bruce, I haven't bought a Bruce/Maiden album since No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark.

Angel Witch is pretty good, have to listen a couple more times and Hawkwind is trippy.

Anthrax Stomp 442 from a 2nd hand record shop today.

Witchfinder General-Friends Of Hell, is a good album, probably better than the first.

Hawkwind-Space Ritual

Hawkwind-Space Ritual
    Is it the 1996 or the 2007 remaster?
    >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
    YR CPTIN SPEKING
    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I have to see Ady, it has three bonus tracks.

It’s the 1996 remaster reissued 2001.

Hawkwind-Space Ritual Live (the 2015 live album) 2CD+DVD

Emerald Sabbath-Ninth Star (now available on Amazon US for pre-order, release Feb. 22 2019 )

Hawkwind-Space Ritual Live (the 2015 live album) 2CD+DVD
    I was at that show. This is where I was stood, my friend filmed the video. It was such a great night, one I'll never forget.

>>TECHNICINS F SPCE
    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
    YR CPTIN SPEKING
    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

I was at that show. This is where I was stood, my friend filmed the video. It was such a great night, one I'll never forget.

That is very cool Ady, thanks for sharing.

Sam Gopal-Escalator

Featuring Ian Willis/AKA Lemmy Kilminster

Great Album love this stuff, thank you Ady for turning me on to this!

I’m loving this album^^^, Lemmy was so talented, love the 60’s sound & vibe.

Yes - Open Your Eyes(Import)

Black Sabbath-The Lowdown (2 CD biography and interview set)

Black Sabbath-The Originals 3 CD Box Set