Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DOOM!

Default Re: DOOM!

Originally Posted By: VikingChrist You'll be waiting a long time for those. American Records owns that rights and hasn't shown much interest in doing anything with them.
    Thanks for this update. I was unaware of this situation.

BTW, though I didn't mention it explicitly in my post immediately above this one, thanks for your list of bands too.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted By: VikingChrist You'll be waiting a long time for those. American Records owns that rights and hasn't shown much interest in doing anything with them.
    Thanks for this update. I was unaware of this situation.

BTW, though I didn't mention it explicitly in my post immediately above this one, thanks for your list of bands too.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I love Electric Wizard. Im also a fan of Orange Goblin and The Sword even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath. I feel they have a lot of potential.
    i got to see The Sword last year, it was a fantastic show!

if you like them, you should check out Baroness. they just released their debut "Red Album" and it is absolutely phenominal!

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I love Electric Wizard. Im also a fan of Orange Goblin and The Sword even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath. I feel they have a lot of potential.
    i got to see The Sword last year, it was a fantastic show!

if you like them, you should check out Baroness. they just released their debut "Red Album" and it is absolutely phenominal!

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath
    This sounds like a good kind of problem to have.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass even though they get bashed for sounding too much like Sabbath
    --Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted By: Franklin
    They get bashed for other stuff, too, and most of it is stupid. I have the album, it's pretty good, but many elitists question their credibility because some of the guys have an indie rock background they are signed to a non-metal label. Its kind of dumb, if you ask me.

Originally Posted By: Icy Sun Candlemass
    Trouble
    Pentagram
    My Dying Bride
    Black Hole
    Cathedral
    Count Raven
    Blood Farmers
    Tales of Dark
    Draconian
    Reverend Bizarre
    Om
    Sleep
    Memento Mori
    Minotauri
    Mythological Cold Towers
    Church of Misery
    Solstice
    Totem
    Penance
    Thanks for this great list. As I love Trouble and Candlemass, but have not yet heard the other bands on your list, I can now spend my time (and possibly my money) on music by these bands. It should keep me entertained for months!
    No prob. But be weary, as not all of them are very similar to Sabbath, Candlemass, Trouble, etc (but most of them are), so you should deinitely sample before buying.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Originally Posted By: VikingChrist
    They get bashed for other stuff, too, and most of it is stupid. I have the album, it's pretty good, but many elitists question their credibility because some of the guys have an indie rock background they are signed to a non-metal label. Its kind of dumb, if you ask me.
    Agreed. Another reason a lot of metal fans don't like them is apparently too many of their fans aren't metal fans.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

I think almost ANY "doom metal" band could get bashed for "sounding too much like Sabbath." Candlemass certainly did.
    He is not here. He has risen!

I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Originally Posted By: NoWayOut I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
    ay i've gotten it too. great, great work!

Pentagram for sure are the true originators of Doom along with Sabbath.
    check out for bedemon stuff as well(early Pentagram).

Sheavy
    Krux
    Candlemass
    Solitude Aeturnus
    Electric Wizard
    Place of Skulls
    Glow
    Cathedral
    Saint Vitus

loads of bands but these are certainly my fav.

Originally Posted By: Dehumanizer6
    Originally Posted By: NoWayOut I have a leaked version of the new Sword album i must say its excellent and I just fell in love with Place of Skulls! god they are great.
    ay i've gotten it too. great, great work!
    i love the way they mixed doom with Acoustics at the same time! Amazing!
    R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Man...I love doom metal.

My favorite doom band is definately Electric Wizard. I love the first album, Come my Fanatics, Witchcult Today and especially DOPETHRONE, which is simply one of the best doom albums I've ever heard. I like Reverend Bizzare a lot too, they're really heavy. In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome as hell. So is Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium which is monsterous. I also like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, The Sword and Trouble-at least these are my favorites. I love all doom.

One thing I love about doom in comparison to other sub-genres (and I like these other sub-genres a lot as well so I'm not bashing them) is that, you play fast and you're thrash metal. You play faster, you're Death/Black metal. Faster than that, it's Grind-Core. I love all of those subgenres, but I love that no matter how slow you go, DOOM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!

Oh btw, anyone like the Melvins???

Originally Posted By: BloodshotGtr Man...I love doom metal.

My favorite doom band is definately Electric Wizard. I love the first album, Come my Fanatics, Witchcult Today and especially DOPETHRONE, which is simply one of the best doom albums I've ever heard. I like Reverend Bizzare a lot too, they're really heavy. In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend is awesome as hell. So is Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium which is monsterous. I also like Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Krux, Solitude Aeturnus, The Sword and Trouble-at least these are my favorites. I love all doom.

One thing I love about doom in comparison to other sub-genres (and I like these other sub-genres a lot as well so I'm not bashing them) is that, you play fast and you're thrash metal. You play faster, you're Death/Black metal. Faster than that, it's Grind-Core. I love all of those subgenres, but I love that no matter how slow you go, DOOM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!

Oh btw, anyone like the Melvins???
    Melvins are a really cool band.

their newer album "(a) senile animal" was fantastic i thought.

I like the Melvins, too. They do release some crap, which I guess is done purposely just to annoy people, but a lot of their stuff is awesome. (A) Senile Animal was fantastic

You'll can check out Bedemon - Child Of Darkness album fea legend himself mr bobby liebling. Amazingly heavy/doomy album.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgb View Post
    Pentagram for sure are the true originators of Doom along with Sabbath.
    check out for bedemon stuff as well(early Pentagram).
    Bedemon!!!! Excellent anyone into Pentagram and Doom music needs to check them out!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Dream Death
    Penance
    Revelation
    Against Nature
    Oridruin
    The gates of slumber
    Northwinds
    Internal void
    Asylum/unorthodox
    Saint vitus
    Trouble
    Blackfinger