Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: The State of the Boards

Originally Posted By: David86 I only want to say thank you, Joe & Staff, for your efforts in keeping this place bullshit-free. Thanks a lot, and keep it up.

Cheers.
    Indeed

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Spoke to NoWayOut. He asked me to quote the message he wrote there:

Quote: I Deleted the Heinous and Odious remarks of Joe's wife...
    I would greatly appreciate it if we do not mention Joe and or His Family here..Thats all i ask of you guys.It was wrong of me in the first place. Thanks

-NO WAY OUT
    Perhaps he should have thought about that before he said those things in the first place?

Let them have their board where they can swear and curse each other. Hopefully it will keep them out of this place!

Mentioned many times before:

Joe's website and board = Joe's rules!

Simple as that! If people don't like it? Then leave...
    God knows as your dognose

Anyone who goes and creates a forum to curse and insult Joe's family over simple rule obedience clearly had a lit fuse before even going near a lighter...

Seriously, after reading those remarks I couldn't believe they'd stoop that low. All Joe wanted to do was create a place for Sabbath fans to discuss, debate and maybe even befriend without having to worry about assholes overthrowing the peace. Does this offend them the slightest?

Joe: continue what you're doing. We're all grateful for it.

I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
    So live for today
    Tomorrow never comes

I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
    So live for today
    Tomorrow never comes

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
    Yeah, I checked it out once. It doesn't feel inviting when one of the first posts you read is a challenge from the main moderator that if you're "spying" for "the other board" to look him up so he can knock your "teath" (his spelling, not mine! ) out. I didn't even see the post about Joe's family - what I saw was quite enough. Certainly not a place that's going to make new members feel at home, IMO.

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass I've been to the other forum. I just cant get used to it. It doesn't have the same feel as it does here. When I'm here I feel at home. And I wouldn't know half the shit I know about Sabbath if not for Joe. The man knows EVERYTHING! Anyone who has this much love for Sabbath or metal in general has my full respect. Plus, his name is under Bill Ward's thanks on "Reunion". YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!
    Yeah, I checked it out once. It doesn't feel inviting when one of the first posts you read is a challenge from the main moderator that if you're "spying" for "the other board" to look him up so he can knock your "teath" (his spelling, not mine! ) out. I didn't even see the post about Joe's family - what I saw was quite enough. Certainly not a place that's going to make new members feel at home, IMO.

I had something else to say about the other board, but I came to a point where it's not worth saying anything at all about them.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

I had something else to say about the other board, but I came to a point where it's not worth saying anything at all about them.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

I just had a peek, what a load of juvenile cobblers.
    Just ignore 'em, we're better off without them.

IMO we can now simply proceed business as usual here! Enough talk about something not worth the effort talking about!

Originally Posted By: nunoni IMO we can now simply proceed business as usual here! Enough talk about something not worth the effort talking about!
    Yes.

all in all man its your place,i dont think it makes you sound like a tough ass.
    personally i think this is the better of the metal boards,most of the others are either flame wars or trolled to death.and theres a lot more knowledge and thought in posts here.
    ive modded boards before and i wont again,it gets out of hand too fast and ends up taking too much of your free time.
    the mods dont have to be here and if they leave the place goes to hell quick.i dont think its that bad here,but i dont have to lock or delete posts or respond to anyone who feels slighted or "disrespected"
    point is Joes name is attached to this board its his call.
    i like this group ive never been insulted or had an argument here and im a prick.

why did you resurrect this thread? Lets burry it in the past.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

If you were that worried about continuing the thread, why did you reply TO HIM?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Because I have a problem, I have a tendency to do stupid things.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

lol
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

please do not reply to this post where I am replying to the previous posts which is something I shouldn't be doing - do as I say, not as I do! Or is it do as I do, not as I say?

If people weren't welcome to reply, the thread would be closed or removed. Comment as you wish, keeping the forum rules in mind, please.
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

As the thread is entitled "The State of the Boards" I would like to say that presently, the state of the boards is excellent. For several days all participants have been cordial, informative and, on occasion, funny.

Whatever our problems were, I think we can say for now, problem solved.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Originally Posted By: Franklin Whatever our problems were, I think we can say for now, problem solved.
    Yeah, fortunately.

Hopefully we can keep this place clean from now on.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Originally Posted By: Franklin Whatever our problems were, I think we can say for now, problem solved.
    Yeah, fortunately.

Hopefully we can keep this place clean from now on.

Doing my best here to be nice with everyone here..
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Doing my best here to be nice with everyone here..
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

funny? I missed out on that!