Default RIP, Mitch Mitchell

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6847
    Mitch Mitchell, the drummer for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, has been found
    dead in a hotel room in Portland. He was 62.

According to the medical examiner form Multnomah County, there were no suspicious circumstances and Mitchell died of natural causes.

Mitchell was the last living member of the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Hendrix died in 1970. Bass player Noel Redding died in 2003.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience performed their last tour in 1969. The final show was on June 29, 1969 at Barry Fey’s Denver Pop Festival.

John ‘Mitch’ Mitchell was born in the UK and started work on a children’s TV show when he was a teenager. Before Hendrix, he worked with The Pretty Things and Georgie Fame.

With Hendrix, he is heard on the classic tracks ‘Foxey Lady’, ‘Hey Joe’, ‘Red House’, ‘All Along The Watchtower’ and ‘Fire’.

Mitchell also played in The Dirty Mac, the group John Lennon put together for the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.

Mitch’s last show was on the Experience Hendrix Tour last Friday in Portland.

Mitch Mitchell Drum Solo: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMu_ZSbKn4
    >>TECHNICIÄNS ÖF SPÅCE
    SHIP EÅRTH THIS IS
    YÖÜR CÄPTÅIN SPEÄKING
    YÖÜR ØÅPTÅIN IS DEA˝D<<

Banned

one of the best. i don't believe any of the "he's up there with Jimi" BS that people have been spouting elsewhere, but my thoughts go out to his loved ones.

Man this sucks. Mitch was my favorite member besides Hendrix in the band. He stuck with him through thick and thin and was an underrated drummer. I was just watching the woodstock dvd the other day and watching his interview and thinking about how nice a guy he seemed. One question though. Will we finally get the black gold tapes since he was in possession of them?
    Last edited by soonerfan28; 11-12-2008 at 10:49 PM.

RIP MM. He was an amazing drummer and seemed like a really cool guy.

Farewell, Mitch. Excellent drummer, often overlooked.
    He is not here. He has risen!

RIP Mitch. May you rock with Jimmy and Noel.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

I thought Mitch Mitchell was a superb drummer. A worthy rhythm player for the legendary Hendrix.

R.I.P.

Mitch was a beast, one of the all-time greats behind the kit. R.I.P.

RIP
    "I can honestly say it’s truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Well at least he is now jaming away with the res tof the rock stars. He was great and we lost another of the 60's icon's.