Default Heaven and Hell in Argentina (Review)

Hello Sabbath forum folks.
    First of all, I'm very sorry for my english, I think you can understand it.
    I'm Viruz from argentina and I can say I fuckin love Heaven and Hell.
    I prefer Dio's voice than other's one in the world, so I think Dio is the best singer in the whole world.
    So, today was the 2nd concert in the tour, here in Argentina.
    I went with one of my friends, to see one of the best concerts in rock history.

The setlist was the same as in Bogota's concert.
    The concert was amazing, all the musicians in a very good performance.

Ronnie's voice was so much better than in the RCMH DVD, so I can guess that his voice will never deteriorate.
    Tony's solos were excelent, during Die Young I didn't expect he was doing the solos at the intro, cause in the 2007 tour he did the riff instead, that was amazing.
    Geezer's bass was really powerful, just perfect.
    I as bassist, love geezer, he's one of my inspirations.
    Vinny and his way of drumming (Killing the drums) was so incredible.

I loved the performances of the new songs.
    Fear was way better live as in TDYK, Bible black is always excelent, just a Nu-classic, and Follow the tears have a Extrapowerful intro.

The extended version of H&H with a "mini bass solo" was really magnificent.

I have no more words to describe it.
    I have no problem in answering questions if you like to ask.

Cheers.
    Viruz
    Last edited by Viruz; 05-08-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viruz View Post
    I prefer Dio's voice than other's one in the world, so I think Dio is the best singer in the whole world.

Ronnie's voice was so much better than in the RCMH DVD, so I can guess that his voice will never deteriorate.
    Tony's solos were excelent, during Die Young I didn't expect he was doing the solos at the intro, cause in the 2007 tour he did the riff instead, that was amazing.

Fear was way better live as in TDYK, Bible black is always excelent, just a Nu-classic, and Follow the tears have a Extrapowerful intro.

Cheers.
    Viruz
    Ronnie sing at all during country girl??

Quote Originally Posted by Iommip View Post
    Ronnie sing at all during country girl??
    I'd say according to this youtube video that was just posted, he definitely did!

Country Girl/Neon Knights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqIMnm6bIs

Also, there's an amazing sing-along by the crowd to all of I, including the guitar intro.

I:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtWp3Q8F-aU

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetaman View Post
    I'd say according to this youtube video that was just posted, he definitely did!

Country Girl/Neon Knights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpqIMnm6bIs

Also, there's an amazing sing-along by the crowd to all of I, including the guitar intro.

I:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtWp3Q8F-aU

thats awesome.. thanks!

My brother was there... I just told him yesterday about it and that he shouldn't miss it. And so he didn't. But like an idiot he forgot his damn camera

He says it was awesome though. Bought me a tour shirt! :D
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

God i hope they play Country Girl in full when they hit Vancouver.

Wow! People in South America sure know how to ROCK!!!

Banned

Thanks a lot for the vids and the review!

Indeed, I don't think there are crowds quite the same anywhere else in the world! South Americans are bloody loud bunch!

Which new t-shirt do they have on sale for this new tour?

How much of Country Girl was sung by Ronnie?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackblood View Post

The first verse. Check out the video.

Sweet video! It's great hearing some of Country Girl played. Wish they would have played the whole song though. Hopefully by the time the North American tour comes around, they decide to play the full song, it's an underrated song.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    The first verse. Check out the video.
    I'll do that, if they can't play a longer set it would be cool to add a couple of other songs à la Country Girl,I mean even just playing like one minute: main riff -first verse possibly till the first chorus 8included), considering they're not doing Voodoo (and they used to play an extended version of that one) and The Sign Of The Southern Cross I think they could do that... we're talking about two minutes of music.

Hey hey hey!!!

Just arrived here. I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil and will see H&H live next friday!
    Can't wait for the show.

I just can't believe that they won't play Computer God!!!!
    +Z+

Quote Originally Posted by Rofocale View Post
    Wow! People in South America sure know how to ROCK!!!
    LOL...man, no offense to other countries...but down here, the handbangers are INSANE!!
    Great great energy during a show....

I'm brazilian, but i have to clap to Argentina, they are the most 'metal' people on the world! Just watch Megadeth's DVD: That One Night (or something like that) to see what i'm talking about...

And i'm pretty sure that the audience will get crazy next friday (and saturday!) here in Sao Paulo with H&H!!!
    +Z+

Which new t-shirt do they have on sale for this new tour?

Well... I don't know exactly.
    Because here, there are a lot of people who sell t-shirts.
    I don't know what is the official one.
    Anyway, I bought one T-shirt with the RCMH logo, but there was a lot of models:
    - The devil you know 1 & 2 cover
    - RCMH 4 different models
    - TROH
    - Sabbath logo
    - Dio logo

Quote Originally Posted by Viruz View Post

Cheers.
    Viruz
    How many people where at the show. Who opened the show?
    The time it is coming when all life will end,
    With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
    Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
    The future has ended before it's begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Awaits View Post
    How many people where at the show. Who opened the show?
    O'Connor opened for Heaven and Hell.
    O'Connor is an argentinian singer, known for beeing an former member of Hermetica, one of the best argentinian bands.

I don't know exactly how much people where at the show.
    Cause the stadium was at full capacity.
    And I think it was oversold, so maybe, it was more people than the stadium capacity.
    BTW, there are so much controversy about the "Luna park" capacity, some people say that it has "8000" people, but I think that is without the "Standing people" cause it usually is an stadium from box and another sports.

When I get some official information about how many people was there I tell you.

I'll do that, if they can't play a longer set it would be cool to add a couple of other songs à la Country Girl,I mean even just playing like one minute: main riff -first verse possibly till the first chorus 8included), considering they're not doing Voodoo (and they used to play an extended version of that one) and The Sign Of The Southern Cross I think they could do that... we're talking about two minutes of music.
    I'd rather hear ronnie sing less songs and have his voice in amazing form than try and sing more songs and be tired by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Iommip View Post
    I'd rather hear ronnie sing less songs and have his voice in amazing form than try and sing more songs and be tired by the end.
    I don't think that two minutes could make such a difference, 15-20 more each night, then I would agree with you.

I don't think that two minutes could make such a difference, 15-20 more each night, then I would agree with you.
    My comment was in regards to your "if they can't play more songs.."
    They shouldn't play more songs.

The best quality video I've seen of Bible Black so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C2eeeGjO3s

I really hope this isn't the set that hits the staes latter this year. I'd be surprised if it is.
    They must drop Time Machine and add Double The Pain, that song should be their radio single, it's more today sounding metal and a killer song., much better than Time Machine. I hope they don't underestimate how much we're into the new record.

Bigsmile

Glad to hear what a great show it was in Argentina. I am sure the North American show will be just as great. Can't wait.
    As you walk this path of life may you be greeted with kindness,compassion and happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Mats GBG View Post

That sounds fucking amazing live!!!! The intro sounds really atmospheric, all electrified and powerful.

Sounds and looks super! Great crowds in S. America!

Quote Originally Posted by Mats GBG View Post

Who narc's this stuff to blabbermouth??? Everytime someone posts something on here it's copy pasted onto blabbermouth the same day... just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    Sounds and looks super! Great crowds in S. America!
    I'm so glad to read that.
    Here in argentina there are a lot of metalheads.

There's some kind of magic about Sabbath, anyone knows it was sabbath, and probably they wont come back.
    It feels like "OH HELL, I SAW IOMMI LIVE"

I cried during H&H and a little during Neon knights

Devilish Argentina's Setlist

This is my first contribution, according to Rolling Stone Magazine is its argentinan edition, this is the setlist from the Buenos Aires's gig last week...

[QUOTE][La lista de temas de Heaven & Hell en el Luna Park

The Mob Rules
    Children of the Sea
    I
    Bible Black
    Time Machine (solo batería)
    Fear
    Falling in the Edge of the World
    Follow the Tears
    Die Young (solo Tony Iommi)
    Heaven & Hell
    Neon Knights
    /QUOTE]

In spanish, a review from the concert:
    http://www.rollingstone.com.ar/nota...._campaign=rank

Does anybody knows if México is on the tour schedule for maybe the end of 09 or the beggining of 2010?

I saw Heaven and Hell twice in 07. México City and Guadalajara and probably those were the best concerts I've ever seen in my whole life...

Metallica is my next concert if the miserable flu and the goberment do not cancell the gig...
    Last edited by Baricco; 05-11-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: this bad english, sorry!

Man I love Sabbath but what a shitty set list. They dropped computer God, not playing enough songs from TDYK, aren't playing any of the three songs from The Dio Years and no cool surprises. I would like to see them do something unexpected like play Slippin Away or the full Country Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
    Man I love Sabbath but what a shitty set list. They dropped computer God, not playing enough songs from TDYK, aren't playing any of the three songs from The Dio Years and no cool surprises. I would like to see them do something unexpected like play Slippin Away or the full Country Girl.
    I wouldn't call it a shitty set though I to am disappointed in no Computer God or MOI being in their the tour just started so they may still end up adding a few in. I wouldn't mind another song or two off TDYK but since this is the first album with this lineup in 17 years they have to ease the new stuff in to the set and see if the audience is responding to it or not then may they'll do more from it.

I really wanna hear them do Turn Up The Night but i'm not really expecting it to be in their set. When was the last time they did that live anyways?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbathfan78 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a shitty set though I to am disappointed in no Computer God or MOI being in their the tour just started so they may still end up adding a few in. I wouldn't mind another song or two off TDYK but since this is the first album with this lineup in 17 years they have to ease the new stuff in to the set and see if the audience is responding to it or not then may they'll do more from it.

I really wanna hear them do Turn Up The Night but i'm not really expecting it to be in their set. When was the last time they did that live anyways?

Probably in Quebec, back in 1981, the third night of the MR tour was the last time it was played live.

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomicpunk View Post
    LOL...man, no offense to other countries...but down here, the handbangers are INSANE!!
    Great great energy during a show....

I'm brazilian, but i have to clap to Argentina, they are the most 'metal' people on the world! Just watch Megadeth's DVD: That One Night (or something like that) to see what i'm talking about...

And i'm pretty sure that the audience will get crazy next friday (and saturday!) here in Sao Paulo with H&H!!!
    First time I hear a brazilian guy talking good about Argentina!

I was also at the show and it was amazing, both technically and emotionally. But most of all, it was real FUN to watch this show. I don't know how to describe it, is like everybody in the house was having fun, the musicians, the crowd.
    Tony Iommi is by far the coolest guy on stage. Geezer's finger don't age. Dio is singing the high notes, reaching almost every tone (I repeat: almost).
    If you have the chance, don't miss it.

Brazilian and Argentinians love and respect each other, but like the two brothers they are, they simply do not demonstrate (and spend a lot of time bashing each other).

Question: did you guys in Argentina have the same problem with the sound we had in Brazil? The disappearance of Iommi's guitar whenever Dio was singing and huge boosts during the solos?

Quote Originally Posted by murilix View Post
    Brazilian and Argentinians love and respect each other, but like the two brothers they are, they simply do not demonstrate (and spend a lot of time bashing each other).

Question: did you guys in Argentina have the same problem with the sound we had in Brazil? The disappearance of Iommi's guitar whenever Dio was singing and huge boosts during the solos?
    Not at all, the sound was really great.
    Sorry to hear that it wasn't in your town!