Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Non Insect Overlord Joe Siegler's Avatar

Default Bible Black Fan Music Video

OK, when the new album came out earlier this month, I think a lot of us were excited to learn that there was going to be a new music video. The first "single" was going to be Bible Black, and we were getting a video for that. Then we found out it was going to be animated. OK, I thought that could work. The last official music video by the band was the animated track "Get a Grip" from 1995's Forbidden, so it wouldn't have been the first time. It premiered on Eddie Trunk's VH1 show "That Metal Show", and wow, was that bad. If you haven't seen it, here is the official video for the song:

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/vie...official-video

Apparently, the fans weren't the only ones turned off by that. I read a quote online not long after the video came out from Tony Iommi himself who said the video was the only thing about the new project he wasn't happy with. He said this specifically. "I think it' bloody awful, to be honest. It looks like Casper the Ghost or something. We didn't have anything to do with it.. that was sort of just presented to us, really." Due to the overwhelming negative reaction, I decided to contact the company who made the thing. They're called "23d Films". I wrote them twice offering them a venue to tell their side of the story, and they never replied to me. If you look over their portfolio on their site, this video doesn't appear anywhere - I wonder if that's due to the reaction the video got or not.

Anyway, while waiting for 23d to contact me back, I decided to hit up a Black Sabbath fan by the name of "Stephen King" (no not THAT one). Two years ago he produced the seriously badass fan made video for the track "Ear in the Wall" (which, if you haven't seen, you really should. Check it out here). Anyway, I told him about the official Bible Black video, and said he really should take another crack at it. He said he'd look into it, and this morning, I got word that he finished it. You need to look at this. While fan based, it definitely shows what can be done when someone is invested in the subject matter they're producing. This shows.

Check it out below:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...music_vid.html

What do you think?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Great video, actually. A hell of a lot better then the original. Also, I loved the band footage. It added another dimension to the video.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

YEEESSSS!

this is fantastic!

the band need to see this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nunoni View Post
    YEEESSSS!

this is fantastic!

the band need to see this!!!
    They've been informed. :D

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

They need to hire this guy for the next video. It's brillant, miles ahead of the official one !
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

That was excellent. It really conveys the darkness of the song and doesn't make it seem like a joke like the original video does. Is there anyway possible that this can become the official video for it? I'm guessing HNH would enojoy the it as well.

Banned

That's an awesome video! Even better than the Ear In The Wall one...This guy has some talent. I hope the band will like it, although it does seem that he used Live at the RCMH material which they might not like very much, but still an awesome video, million of times better than the "official" one.

Default great!

now that looks like and feels like a heaven and hell video should be,

dark , ...evil...and of course the band in action,

great job!..............the band should have you do a video for , " fear " and " follow the tears"

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    That's an awesome video! Even better than the Ear In The Wall one...This guy has some talent. I hope the band will like it, although it does seem that he used Live at the RCMH material which they might not like very much, but still an awesome video, million of times better than the "official" one.
    Well, the Ear in the Wall one used footage that had Bill Ward in it, too. The band footage from the first one came from videos produced for the Heaven & Hell album. From a purely legal standpoint, he did the same thing in both, that wouldn't be any different. But at least this time the footage matches the current incarnation of the band better.

WOW!!! That was seriously bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Well, the Ear in the Wall one used footage that had Bill Ward in it, too. The band footage from the first one came from videos produced for the Heaven & Hell album. From a purely legal standpoint, he did the same thing in both, that wouldn't be any different. But at least this time the footage matches the current incarnation of the band better.
    Not only that, the band was replaced by the Dio band, and Appice was suddenly replaced by Simon Wright for a back shot!

This video blows the official one out of the water. I mean if I would have to guess which of them was official I would have gone with Stephen's. Normally most music videos are rather cheesy or even bad, but this one was actually good and gave an extra dimension to the song.

Thumbs up!

From Walsall, near Birmingham, UK. Now live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Thumbsup

Well I've just had to join the site cos I had to reply. Absolutely fantastic. Caught the essence of what the song is about. As for the live footage, of which is gonna be limited due to the fact that there is no 'proper' footage of the band playing this song, well it's fantastic too. Trying to sync up solos and vocals is very time consuming. And he's obviously worked on getting those drum fills and cymbals in too. Even professional video makers don't get that right sometimes. Which is really annoying.
    Legal or not, the band won't care. They'll love it.
    THIS IS A FANTASTIC JOB !!
    Last edited by Iconosphere; 06-22-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I just joined and hadn't uploaded a profile pic.

I love the part near the end when the kid pics up the book, turns and his face morphs into a demon - excellent! I agree with Iconophere on the footage of the band - great job syncing up whatever footage was available to look like the parts of Bible Black.

Joe - please let us know when/if the band has any feedback on the video. They should really look further into letting this guy do some others. Imagine this guy with legit access to footage and resources?

From Walsall, near Birmingham, UK. Now live in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM45 View Post
    I love the part near the end when the kid pics up the book, turns and his face morphs into a demon - excellent! I agree with Iconophere on the footage of the band - great job syncing up whatever footage was available to look like the parts of Bible Black.

Joe - please let us know when/if the band has any feedback on the video. They should really look further into letting this guy do some others. Imagine this guy with legit access to footage and resources?
    Indeedy deedy. Agreed.

GREAT JOB!

Love the new video. I still do not have a problem with the original, but this one is much better!
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

I love the one he did for Ear In The Wall and think this one is even better. Seeing as how you have better band shots to work with, it is simply amazing. Without a doubt this blows away that childish cartoon that is the official video.

Imagine what this person can do with some cooperation from the band and possibly better tools to work with.

big thumbs up on this....fantastic

"Imagine what this person can do with some cooperation from the band and possibly better tools to work with."

Totally agree ....... not to mention, it was done to what he interpeted Dio was trying to convey ..... Can you imagine Ronnie having some creative input on top of it ???

I thought it was really well done under the circumstances.

Wonderful, really puts the "official" version to shame. Just shows what someone who CARES about the band can do. The moneymakers just don't get it like the fans do!

Wow. This is what it should've been like in the first place. This guy's real good.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

The footage of cemeteries, churches and hooded, demonic figures spliced with red and black & white clips of the band = BRILLIANT.
    It gels perfectly with the imagery this song conjures up every time I hear it.
    Fucking ace.

I love it, I love it, I love it! Its absolutely brilliant, zillion times better then the "official" video. Id totally pay this guy or at least send him signed poster, cd or something and a vip pass and tickets to H&H show in his town. I like the band footage and sync with the song, I almost believed they were actually playing the song . Anyway, this guy is a real pro. Great job dude!

Hope that the band will respond soon and I cant wait for their reaction.

<edit> If you ask me, this guy just won himself "Spend a day with Heaven & Hell" competition and i think that he should be more famous than that crazy/passionate fan who shouted "Saaaabaaaaaaath" on album signing.
    Last edited by Neon_Knight; 06-22-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Simply awesome!!

I really liked the ending, where the guy that's just walking along happens to find the "Bible Black".

It would be great if the band liked it as much as well all seem to and make the "official" video for "Bible Black"!

much better than the original . The synchro of the live shots with the lyrics is awesome .
    Very , very good job .

That was really good!

The way a dark metal video should be.

\m/

This Steven King guy's Ear In Wall and now Bible Black videos are better than any I've seen from earlier Sabbath vids and many other bands. He's definitly more than just "playing" around, he must work in the industry (media/video) in some capacity. If I were H&H/Sabbath, I'd hire him anytime they need a video made. Very good stuff.

Holy crap! That was beyond awesome. Kudos to Steve King, for both videos actually; somehow I had missed The Ear in the Wall one when it was new.

Wow. The band NEEDS to see this!
    May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

This is damn good and I hope the band really likes this had uses him for future videos.

Both of the fan videos FUCKEN RULE!!!

A real sense of good, dark taste...great movie captures and live show insertions, some live performance sections even sync pretty good with the music!

This Steven King character truly is a dedicated fan of Heaven & Hell and their music. He should be on payroll for the band, the chief music video maker.

Both of these videos should be released on the possible new live DVD from Heaven & Hell.

nah, I like the original better... Not! IT FUCKING ROCKS!!!

The fan video is so much better the the "official" video. His video actually looks like it took some time and effort to make. I agree totally that the H&H boys should look into this guy if they do another video, how cool would that be for him.
    Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
    - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

That's awesome. Superior to the official music video in every way. I loved the grainy, black and white original footage. It reminded me a bit of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' video for Loverman

Amazing peice of video with perfect synch. This should have been the official video of Bible Black. Thanks to the guy who must have worked so hard for this beautiful video and sharing it with us.
    Last edited by Kgb; 06-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.

That was awesome! Joe, have the band seen and/or commented on his Ear in the Wall video?

Fantastic Job!!!! This is a masterpiece and blows the 'official' video out of the water.

If they had this for th epromo of the album it would be all over the music channels and selling plenty more albums and getting people behind the band.

A really amazing piece of work - hats off to the guys involved in its production, this is what Heaven and Hell deserve and they should get this guy involved in their next single.

Top job!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!! That was freaking awesome! I really hope that the band gets to see this!!!

Wow.

I just saw The Ear in the Wall and Bible Black videos for the first time... and hells. I'm blown away. Awesome stuff.

This version craps on the official Bible Black from a vast height.

Well done

They should put it up on their myspace site.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM45 View Post
    I liked it up until that part.