Default Bill Ward talks about "Black Zeppelin"

hi, I'm a writer for Back Page Magazine and we just conducted a sweet interview with Bill Ward.

We sat down with Bill to discuss the infamous/legendary "Black Zeppelin" session...and he revealed some pretty awesome details about that fabled event!

http://backpagemagazine.com/2011/07/...ions-revealed/

This has been a rumor for decades, as I'm sure you all know, but we got some firsthand reports from Ward himself about Sabbath's studio session with Led Zeppelin...the stuff of legend!

Feel free to share the link around we're pretty excited about the interview.

Nice interview. Thanks.

Good interview, great read
    Cheers!
    I don't need wings to reach the sky
    And I don't need hands to hold you tight...

~~~ Coroner ~~~

Cool stuff!, Thanks jb.
    We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Looks like a great day but no recording to release but still a nice piece of rock journalism,

I remember reading something about this Zeppelin and Sabbath meeting before. According to the other version (and I don't remember the source so I'm not saying I believe it) Jimmy Page was involved, the session was recorded, but the next morning the tapes had disappeared. Like I said, I don't remember now where I heard that, nor do I necessarily believe it.

Nonetheless, thanks for the interview with Ward. Very interesting.

Great stuff! Thanks for the awesome read!
    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Great interview. It's good to have this rumor finally straightened out.
    "There's no need to have a reason...there's no need to wonder why"

My foggy memory seems to recall that Bill talked about this in one of the Sabbath books out there (maybe the first Martin Popoff one) and that this interview doesn't give much new information about it. I don't know, when Bill can't remember what album they were working on at the time it makes me question the other details. Cool interview anyway, thanks for sharing it, always good to hear what Mr. Ward has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by celt View Post
    I remember reading something about this Zeppelin and Sabbath meeting before. According to the other version (and I don't remember the source so I'm not saying I believe it) Jimmy Page was involved, the session was recorded, but the next morning the tapes had disappeared. Like I said, I don't remember now where I heard that, nor do I necessarily believe it.

Nonetheless, thanks for the interview with Ward. Very interesting.
    I just wanted to add one more thing here, actually a message to Mr. Ward: complete and release the solo album(s) you've been working on for the last decade! Your fans await in eager anticipation!

Here here, fully support that sentiment

great to have his memories on paper for all,i've talked with bill many times and almost word for word he told me the same memories,one thing i remember him telling-"just to add to the story" was bonzo came to his house kind of upset that robert plant was working with
    geezer,bill said he had to assure him,it was just for fun "nothing will come of it".
    that's another recording session i'd love to hear geezer n' plant.

thank you billy,ur the best!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesline View Post
    great to have his memories on paper for all,i've talked with bill many times and almost word for word he told me the same memories,one thing i remember him telling-"just to add to the story" was bonzo came to his house kind of upset that robert plant was working with
    geezer,bill said he had to assure him,it was just for fun "nothing will come of it".
    that's another recording session i'd love to hear geezer n' plant.

thank you billy,ur the best!
    Another fly on the wall for that one huh?
    Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Will these ever surface?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)