Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mob Rules

67 72.83%
  • Diary of a Madman

25 27.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob View Post
    My apologies TJ. My fault for using the analogy in the first place.

RLP, I'm guessing you don't see the irony in, on the one hand, lamenting a bad tempered run in, and, on the other, describing another poster's observations as "arrogant" "nonsense" "snide" and "lame." To provide you with some context, go back and read the thread I referenced in my first response to mythology from the time my name and his name first pop up. I think you'll see that, far from "starting something" and engaging in "needless provocation" I was merely referring back to our first exchange. In it, I referred to the Ozzy era of Black Sabbath as just that, and mythology pointed out that, in his view, that was unnecessary, since any other wasn't Black Sabbath. So, when he opined that Mob Rules is shit, I simply pointed out to him that, having indicated that the band fronted by Dio isn't worthy of the Black Sabbath name, it was little surprise he referred to Mob Rules that way. You're right it was similar, in a sense, to your review of TDYK, although I seem to recall your review had a lot more vitriol for Dio's talents in general. And, initially, I did the same thing with you. In neither case did I say "Well, what do you expect from a Dio hater." Your response in both instances has been, ironically enough again, eerily similar to certain US media personalities that are suggested as holding a bias. "What? How dare you? Outrageous!" they thunder. I don't see why you're so insulted by the observation, and regard it as "inapt and unfair." This is a forum. When people have suggested they hold extreme metal in less esteem than you do, I would suggest you're a whole lot more confrontational than I was with mythology or you, at least initially.

Two final points. I won't violate TJ's admonition, but remind me to tell you some time about the man from Perth (your neighborhood, no?) I met at Massachusetts General Hospital about a decade ago. He was my dad's roommate while they were both undergoing what was once a very dangerous and invasive procedure, but now could be done so that they both could leave the hospital after about 48 hours. It's a long way from Perth to Massachusetts for no reason other than medical care, isn't it?

If you're using "retarded" to mean delayed (although your context doesn't appear to be using it that way) kudos for the good vocabulary. If you're using it to imply a mental deficiency, please don't. As someone with a close family member who is mentally challenged, that type of thing pisses me the fuck off.
    I sure don't see any 'irony' or a contradiction there. I neither initiated nor particularly enjoyed our rows of the past. But I did find your stance and specific comments (then, as now) quite befitting *all of the adjectives* I have used, and you cite here. This isn't some irony, but a statement of my dissent with your attitude without necessarily spoiling for a fight or 'win' an argument.

Now, I recognise that mythology was maybe throwing a deliberate sideways jab, in the other thread, with his specific comments there, revealing his particularly partisan point-of-view regarding the Ozzy/Other era Sabbath debates----ones that have for long proven so divisive, sometimes in these forums, and certainly outside it, as well. So, I reckon you had the irresistible urge to point out his brazenly biased outlook on the issue when you saw his contemptuous comment about Mob Rules, eh?

But you're completely off-base to imply that my 'review' (and it was indeed a review of sorts) of TDYK, was similar to mythology's one-word put-down of Mob Rules. I actually made a somewhat elaborate critique of TDYK (not shooing it away as simply "shit") and the reasons why the album, and the entire band's performance, left me feeling largely underwhelmed and unimpressed. I didn't exactly pour "vitriol" on Dio's 'talents' then, though I can understand how some of my more seemingly rude barbs will appear jarring to the eyes of committed, greater fans of Dio-Sabbath (such as yourself) than I've ever been. If anything, what is actually "similar" in both instances, is YOUR own reaction and your curious need to point out how mine and mythology's remarks should be treated with caution and the knowledge that we both are, 'biased' commentators here. You sure did, intentionally or not, seem to imply (in both his case and mine) that somehow our opinions in both instances, were exceptionally biased and predictable-----and as if it was your duty to point that out to others on the board. It isn't me who is showing the splenetic reactions (of your favourite tv pundits and ideological kindred) but your own strange and unnecessary insistence on trying to, for the second time, make the sort of exaggerated point you did, re: mythology and myself. In that sense, alone, you definitely come across as making a nudge n' wink a la 'What do you expect a Dio-(Sabbath) hater to say'? And your ostensibly deliberate injection of a political analogy, to boot. So, of course, I found your latest foray unambiguously 'unfair and inapt'. Not in the morally indignant 'What! How dare you? Outrageous!' caricature of yours, but yes, annoyed and amused at the fecklessness of it all.

Yea, 'This is a forum'. I reckon that dictum oughta apply even more to your own reactions to comments by mythology and myself.

As for my "confrontations" with some people on this board, over 'extreme metal', I maintain that no matter how you choose to portray the case, it's always been reasoned, well-argued, passionate and polemical debates----although it almost always began with somebody's peurile and crass provocations, out of the blue----- that could have simply turned into abusive shout-fests had I not been the guy to at least attempt to steer it toward an educated, reasonable debate, regardless of frayed tempers. I don't think Sith would argue otherwise, about the extensive exchanges that we both just got done with, just a few days ago. I admit this was one of the 'better' ones.

I'm constrained by forum rules--as you must be---to take our disagreements into full-fledged debates on the 'political' issues---the 'health-care' debate, in this case. You can happily and futilely cite random Australians---not just your dad's room-mate in a surgical scenario----who have travelled to the U.S, or even Canada or Europe and elsewhere for specific medical procedures, that they might have chosen to pursue there, for a variety of reasons and personal circumstances. My own dad has been a practising surgeon, and while the health care system, in Australia, despite some of its inevitable shortcomings, is overall still truly first-rate on multiple levels, with far less or none of some of the well-documented woes that have perennially plagued your system in the U.S, of course, it's within the realms of reason that many Australians might travel abroad, even as afar as the United States, to avail of something specific, in a particular time and situation. Your example illustrates next to nothing about conditions in Australia vis a vis the United States. I can easily counter your example by pointing out to you that there's been a visible, widely-reported exodus of American patients suffering from various ailments, trekking to Cuba, Canada, the East European nations, even to distant Middle East, Turkey, India, Thailand, Korea, and yes, even Australia, desperate for some quality, reliable, affordable options in curative, surgical care etc etc, The sort of crucial health care they have despaired of perhaps ever getting in their own country owing to the massive inefficiencies, incompetence, and persistent inequities, in access, coverage and costs. I don't know how much you really know about the subject---but it's a pity we can't take it further.

*Perth is not in my 'neighbourhood' no..that's like saying to a Texan that Washington D.C must be his 'backyard' Seriously, Perth is on our west coast, and my home city of Adelaide is deep down south, in well....South Australia. But yea, Perth is in Awesome Australia, my own country, that's right. LOL

Lastly, no I wasn't actually using 'retarded' as in 'delayed' nor was I trotting it out in the standard derogatory manner that would rightly offend somebody like you. I'm bemused as to how you can actually suspect that I was demeaning 'mentally challenged' people in any way with a casual insensitive jibe. That's so not the case. But yes, I absolutely meant "retarded censorship decrees" as in asshat arguments and demands occasionally heard from extreme metal's most vocal critics. If that implies some 'mental deficiency' of these folks, in a sense, then yea, damn right, I won't apologise for feeling that way about some of the misguided, astoundingly intolerant and ignorant jibes that some of extreme metal's detractors choose to publicly or privately peddle.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 11-23-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Banned

The Mob Rules hands down...not a single bad track on the album...

Diary is a good album too but it has two really bad tracks on it Tonight and You Can't Kill Rock and Roll...

As someone with a close family member who is mentally challenged, that type of thing pisses me the fuck off.

I love a bit of swearing but I can't handle the bad grammar. I'm not really sure how to correct that either. If you don't mind, some suggestions:

".....that type of thing fucking pisses me off".

".....that type of thing pisses me, so fuck off".

".....that type of thing pisses me off like a fucking dumb shit".

".....that type of thing pisses me fucking right off".

".....that type of thing pisses me off like a fucking bad ass mother fucker".

".....that type of thing really irks me.......So FUCK off you little piss".

Wheels, thanks for the advice. I'll try to do better next time.

RLP, my sense is we're going to have to agree to disagree here. To begin with, since this particular "row" was really between mythology and me, whether you were "spoiling for a fight" is something only you'll know for sure. I just don't see pointing out someone's bias during a discussion comparing items in a forum using the term "vs." as being on par with using adjectives like "arrogant" or "prick" (I seem to recall you using that one last time out). If we were discussing the merits of oranges vs. carrots, and you had previously said you didn't like fruit, I think it's fair to point out when you explain in detail why carrots are superior that you're already on record as not liking fruit. Simple as that. If you think that's provocative, that's certainly your prerogative.

It's true that your explanation of why you didn't like TDYK was certainly more verbose than mythology's observation of Mob Rules, and more detailed. But in neither case was I commenting on the style of the posts. I love Mob Rules and like TDYK. And in defending them (like you defended mythology) I simply pointed out the reviewers' bias. Again, that's something that clearly bothers you that I just don't see as being a big deal. Mythology, as you'll note from the other thread, tried to point out what he thought was my bias in favor of Dio. My response was simply to indicate why I thought I wasn't biased. Which is why I don't think my point that these are forums is "dictum." If the board wasn't meant to have a little back and forth, presumably they wouldn't have a quote feature, and I suspect they'd be pretty boring to boot.

We are constrained by forum rules on politics. That's a pity sometimes. If we weren't, I might indicate that other than from dishonest lunatics like Michael Moore, there really aren't any documented cases of Americans of means leaving the US for medical treatment for reasons of quality of care. And I might also say something like, if you can show me a single complex or sophisticated product on Earth (like health care, as distinguished from say, wheat) whose quality improves across the board when you make it available to everyone in the same amount for the same price, I'll eat my copy of Dehumanizer, jewel case and all. Until health care falls under that rubric, I'm happy to be able to call my children's pediatrician and get to see him that day. Maybe sometime we can debate these, and the other great issues of the day, but just not here.

You were correct to observe at the end that my reference to your neighborhood meant your country, not literally the people whose property abuts your own. I don't agree, though, that using the term retarded in the context you did, describing people who avail themselves of arguments you don't like about extreme metal, can be seen as anything but unnecessarily provocative, at least to some people.

I'm sure TJ and/or Damian are tired of hearing at least me drone on about this, so I promise to move along.

TRM, you just have to take my word for it that I wasn't at all itching for an argument with you over your remarks aimed at mythology. But since 'This is a forum' after all, I figured I could legitimately intervene and speak my mind the way I saw that particular episode, albeit something initially only between the two fo you. As for my use of words like 'arrogant' (this time) and 'prick' (last time), please cut me some slack for not holding back during some varyingly testy exchanges between the two of us-----during which you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory nor can claim some moral high ground of civility with some of the stuff you sent my way (specifically in our previous debate). Fair enough as it went, and that's behind us now.

I quite like your carrots/oranges example; heaven knows the Sabbath eras can apparently be likened to just that: apples, oranges and carrots or what have you, besides. I've actually always loved apples best, though I quite like oranges and carrots--which is obviously a lot more than I can say about post-Ozzy 'Other-eras' Sabbath. Look, I realize I could have honestly maybe completely let pass your mere pointing out mythology's comment and what you say your motives were regarding that. However, it was your deliberate, needless (to my eyes) and rather churlish choice of that particular political analogy that I found unfair and objectionable. I don't need reminding how it is my "prerogative" to see and say things the way I do. But it's highly fatuous to feign ignorance about how your extended, politically pointed analogy directed at mythology was also not patently "provocative"----especially in a forum that frowns upon political and religious chatter. Sure, I plead mea culpa as well, in choosing to respond in kind, and take the political sever n' volley further than necessary.

It's faintly sad that merely 'verbose' is all that you can muster to describe my past critique of TDYK. I concede my comments were pretty opinionated, 'biased' yes, no-holds-barred in some ways, elaborate, and inevitably grating to some Dio-Sabbath-loving ears and eyes. But I actually thought that I had made, what was after all, only a personal but thoroughly lucid appraisal of the album. Of course, others' responses sometimes take the back n' forths in directions not always intended, initially. And gosh, do you really think I'm somebody that doesn't fully recognise the importance and appeal of 'back n' forths' between us, in the forums? An opinionated jabber-mouth like me is always welcoming of, and a full participant in these free-weeling conversations among us all. Your earlier remark of 'This is a Forum' just made it sound like you were giving me a hectoring reminder of this being 'a forum'. No sweat. I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules Mob
    We are constrained by forum rules on politics. That's a pity sometimes. If we weren't, I might indicate that other than from dishonest lunatics like Michael Moore, there really aren't any documented cases of Americans of means leaving the US for medical treatment for reasons of quality of care. And I might also say something like, if you can show me a single complex or sophisticated product on Earth (like health care, as distinguished from say, wheat) whose quality improves across the board when you make it available to everyone in the same amount for the same price, I'll eat my copy of Dehumanizer, jewel case and all. Until health care falls under that rubric, I'm happy to be able to call my children's pediatrician and get to see him that day. Maybe sometime we can debate these, and the other great issues of the day, but just not here.

This kind of glib, over-simplistic depiction of the real issues and debates surrounding something as inherently imperative as comprehensive 'health care' coverage for the public (especially and glaringly in the United States) is literally screaming for a response from me. The musings of Michael Moores of this world aside, there are tons of 'documented', 'anecdotal' and blindingly obvious 'visible' cases of Americans travelling overseas to diverse destinations, for a range of medical treatments they can't safely, affordably, if at all, avail at home. I reckon I could make you eat and shit your copy of Dehumanizer in its entirety, and then 'repeat' the procedure several times over if I could properly discuss and debate these issues. In the meantime, I can only marvel at your seemingly mis-informed, misguided mindset about the authentic nature of, and realities involved in this crucial public concern of the times-----most markedly in your country.

Also, I did ultimately grant you the benefit of a free pass in that lazy phrasing regarding 'a distant west-coast city being my 'neighbourhood' down south haha..Of course, you meant the 'country'. And hey, we both belong to XXL-sized nations, mate. LOL, but I can understand references to 'non-literal' 'neighbourhoods' and 'backyards', alright. lol .....Lastly, I can justify my arguably somewhat impudent use of 'retarded' in that, it's kind of hard to describe in any other way the sorts of pious, moral absolutists and otherwise rather hypocritical folks, in the music-loving community and society at large, that find extreme metal, easy, convenient game for venting their reserves of ridicule and opprobrium. When they simply cannot, and will not ever "get it", I reckon 'retarded' just got an alternate meaning and usage for itself, and actually aptly describes some of the things these critics think and say, and do regarding the music genre they love to hate.

Darn, TRM..I'm thinking of deleting this whole thing. LOL...Besides, you laid out the truth earlier, anyway----'agree to disagree' it must be, yet again, huh? And ok, let's move along, even if we can never 'get along' on some of these things. Haha...A raincheck on it, then, eh?

Alas, this thread pits what I regard as the best OZZY disc vs the best (read 'the ONLY good one' ) of Dio-Sabbath. Of all the threads of these album face-offs, I considered this to be perhaps the closest and toughest of 'em all. Yet, MR is handily ahead in the votes. I didn't hesitate too much, though, in voting for Diary.
    Last edited by RLP4ever; 11-25-2009 at 05:55 AM.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by RLP4ever View Post
    Darn, TRM..I'm thinking of deleting this whole thing. LOL...Besides, you laid out the truth earlier, anyway----'agree to disagree' it must be, yet again, huh? And ok, let's move along, even if we can never 'get along' on some of these things. Haha...A raincheck on it, then, eh?

Alas, this thread pits what I regard as the best OZZY disc vs the best (read 'the ONLY good one' ) of Dio-Sabbath. Of all the threads of these album face-offs, I considered this to be perhaps the closest and toughest of 'em all. Yet, MR is handily ahead in the votes. I didn't hesitate too much, though, in voting for Diary.
    As you said, "fair enough" RLP. But if you want some insight into my own "biases" Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly aren't a good source. Give me a William F. Buckley, George F. Will, Jonah Goldberg or Anthony Daniels a/k/a Theodore Dalrymple (great writings on what socialized medicine really is by the way, from a British psychiatrist) any time.

I too voted for Diary, as I mentioned. Sad that Ozzy only had 1 more good studio album in him.

As you said, "fair enough" RLP. But if you want some insight into my own "biases" Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly aren't a good source. Give me a William F. Buckley, George F. Will, Jonah Goldberg or Anthony Daniels a/k/a Theodore Dalrymple (great writings on what socialized medicine really is by the way, from a British psychiatrist) any time.

I too voted for Diary, as I mentioned. Sad that Ozzy only had 1 more good studio album in him.

Hahaha, touche, touche, mister....Compared to the rabid right-wing ranting flock of Limbaugh/O'Reilly/Hannity et al, Inc. ---I'd grant you that Bill Buckley, GFW, can't quite recall Goldberg, and ah, Daniels a.k.a Dalrymple are admittedly more erudite, seemingly far more serious, sophisticated purveyors of alas, some of the intrinsically same conservative clap-trap cloaked in academic rigour and part-time earnestness. But it's always interesting to hear their take, and of other like-minded peers of theirs, on so many of the contentious issues of our age, that so exercise the imaginations and inform the convictions of people of both sides of the ideological 'divide'----or whatever forms of that exist, today.

As for Ozzy, besides Diary then, which others do you regard as 'good'? I do occasionally wish that Ozzy had quit his solo career several years ago. It really has become a drag, just not good enough to justify his efforts in the studio, or the arduous treks on the road, touring and all that rough old routine. I love 5 Ozzy solo records, and always rated them highly---and even more markedly so when stacked against the Sabbath output of that time. Of the rest, I pretty much couldn't care less about the other Ozzy albums, save a dozen random songs, at best, off all of them combined. Diary of a Madman is a masterclass and still looks to me like the flagship Ozzy record, to date.

I actually should have been more clear. After Diary, I like only BATM, albeit less than Blizzard and Diary. Blizzard and Diary are virtually indistinguishable in terms of quality, although I give Diary the slight nod.

Mob Rules!

Easy choice as this is not only my favourite Dio-era album, but also probably my favourite Sabbath album and favourite album of all time by anyone. Dio's delivery is effortlessly perfect and Tony's guitar tone is the best I've heard, Sabbath or otherwise (particularly in the solos).

Under The Sun Favourite Era: 70s Era Favourite Album: Vol. 4

I'm going to pick The Mob Rules. The only weak songs on that one are E5150 and Slipping Away. The Sign of the Southern Cross, Voodoo, the title track, Country Girl, Falling off the Edge and Over and Over are all amazing songs.

I still haven't heard any Ozzy solo that I liked. Too poppy for me.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

If you're using "retarded" to mean delayed (although your context doesn't appear to be using it that way) kudos for the good vocabulary. If you're using it to imply a mental deficiency, please don't. As someone with a close family member who is mentally challenged, that type of thing pisses me the fuck off.
    Finally someone who agrees with me. It really pisses me off when people use "retarded" to insult people. It just highlights their lack of intelligence.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nunoni View Post
    I always thought Ozzy solo is extremely sub-par Ozzy compared to the glorious early Sabb (up to and including SBS), with very few songs being worht while listening to; contrarily to Dio, who did his best work more or less equally divided by Rainbow, Sabbath and Dio.
    +10000000000000000000000

Except I would've included Sabotage.
    Where can I run to now? The joke is on me

Hard choice but I went with diary of a madman

Wow this one is tough for me I think those are my two favs by each. I went to both tours.
    That was my highschool years Sabbath was huge once Dio got in there.
    Ozzy had taken over the halls of school by the release of Diary.
    I remember Sabbath had really fallen from grace with the release of Technical Extacy and Never Say Die.
    I loved the first 6 albums from Sabbath but most of us back then just had the Sold Our Soul For Rock And Roll 2 LP set.
    When Heaven And Hell came out it was all over the Radio
    I was 16 I had just bought a Dean Z and was learning riffs off of it.
    I am gonna think about it and come back I just bought the Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell remasters and they sound so much better.
    I bought the Dairy Of A Madman Remaster and didnt like the Remaster that they changed the bass & drums.
    Man I gotta sleep on this lol

Mob rules for me as i like slow heavy power songs like falling... and signs... but diary of a madman the song is one of my favorite songs.they both have one of my least favorites of each band versions-country girl-no bone movies?

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

also mob rules has a mood and feeling through the whole album like earlier sabbath had and heaven and hell that diary of a madman does not.

Kinda pointless poll for me.. in my opinion sabbath really started to shine after Ozzy was kicked out and every single post-Ozzy sabs album (yes even Forbidden, Born again & 7th star)is better than anything done by Ozzy solo

in my opinion even the original Sabbath is/was so great despite of Ozzy rather than cos of him..tho i give him credit of being a great showman and the only one to sing Paranoid correctly, tho Dave Mustaine came close on the cover version of Megadeth
    Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Hard one voted Diary.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Which one did I vote for? If you listen to fools...

Ted

Diary of A Madman

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Mob Rules. It is a Masterpiece.

One great album and one very good album, my pick is Diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    Mob Rules. It is a Masterpiece.
    Mob Rules is a masterpiece, but so is Diary Of A Madman, those early Ozzy albums are engraved in my heart.

Good choice though Kenny.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Mob Rules!

Easy choice as this is not only my favourite Dio-era album, but also probably my favourite Sabbath album and favourite album of all time by anyone. Dio's delivery is effortlessly perfect and Tony's guitar tone is the best I've heard, Sabbath or otherwise (particularly in the solos).
    Well spoken, and i donīt think Diary of a Madman really come close to that masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyz View Post
    Well spoken, and i donīt think Diary of a Madman really come close to that masterpiece.
    And it probably doesn’t with the likes of Iommi, Butler, Dio and Appice on that album, just like I said, sentimental value and fond memories of my youth.

But yes Mob Rules!!!!!
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-10-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a sentence, just realized.

I've voted 'Diary of a Madman'. It's one of my favourite rock albums of all time and, for me, beats the workmanlike 'Mob Rules' fairly easily. Pretty tough putting a solo album up against a Sabbath classic in a poll like this though, deep in Sabbath land!

Thankfully the original drum and bass tracks have been restored to current editions. Hail Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and the Blizzard of Ozz band!

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    I've voted 'Diary of a Madman'. It's one of my favourite rock albums of all time and, for me, beats the workmanlike 'Mob Rules' fairly easily. Pretty tough putting a solo album up against a Sabbath classic in a poll like this though, deep in Sabbath land!

Thankfully the original drum and bass tracks have been restored to current editions. Hail Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and the Blizzard of Ozz band!
    Yes, Hail the Blizzard Of Ozz band, cause we all know that, that's what it was and is on those first two records, not the Ozzy solo band that came after.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Yes, Hail the Blizzard Of Ozz band, cause we all know that, that's what it was and is on those first two records, not the Ozzy solo band that came after.
    I should add that I'm not entirely across 'Mob Rules' as an album, and I actually went ahead about bought a copy the other day to get to know it better and to have it as part of my Black Sabbath collection. It had been a glaring omission in my sequence of Sabbath selections.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    I should add that I'm not entirely across 'Mob Rules' as an album, and I actually went ahead about bought a copy the other day to get to know it better and to have it as part of my Black Sabbath collection. It had been a glaring omission in my sequence of Sabbath selections.
    Mob Rules is a fantastic album, every song on it is good, my favorites on it are Sign Of The Southern Cross, Falling Off The Edge Of The World (one of my all time favorites) and Over And Over.

How do you like the album Requiem?

I voted Mob Rules and i will explain why. Diary Of A Madman, is concidered one of the best Ozzy's solo efforts but, i cant relate to that. For me, it is not having classic moments like the previous one and the high points of this one, are not equally good for me. To be honest, i prefer the Tribute album instead of BoO and DOAM because it includes the best moments from those two albums with better performances than the studio recordings.

Mob Rules is a great album overall, i really like the two songs which were mentioned by the friends before. Is an equal album to Heaven and hell for me and i feel that the songwriting style, is similar enough. I really like Heaven and hell and because it is similar enough with Mob Rules, i like Mob Rules also.

I voted for, and prefer, Mob Rules. That said, Diary Of A Madman is a great album too. Four out of five stars for each one, strictly on overall quality.